Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey - another ACL injury (p6)

Comments

• Options
    Players come and go so regularly here, that Jake's 5 years seem like a lifetime! He arrived in the season that Russell Slade was sacked.
    Sadly injuries robbed us of the best of him. I remember him and Kashi playing in midfield, and we'd sing "never gives the ball away" - to which one of our players would immediately give the ball away, lol!

All the best Jake
    Did slade sign him or Robinson?
    Robinson, actually Gallen signed him. 
  • Options
    Good technical player but feel his mobility has massively let him down after those 2 injuries. 

Hope he does well though.

All the best.  
  • Options
    Good luck Jake! Thanks for your solid service of 128 matches for us and won’t forget your 20/21 POTY award season in a hurry. A class act with awful luck on the injury front last few years. Bravo for getting back from those setbacks and hope your next move works well for you. 🤞🏻👏🏻
    ^This^

Hopefully he stays injury free and is able to claw back much of his fitness.
    He's only 28, which gives him time to consolidate at L2 level with a promotion fancied side and still have a couple of seasons back at L1 or even higher.
    His luck with injuries was awful, Sandgaard's interference with his selection this season did JFC great disservice.  I wish JFC a far better 2023 than I do skintgaard 
  • Options
    This time last year his absence was apparently one of the reasons we were so shit...

Confused.
  • Options
    I give it 6 months until someone tries to push buying JFC back as a midfield option, even if he spends the next 6 months injured. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SOTF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He was a top league 1 player when we got him. 

His first knee injury wasn't so bad, the second injury though has clearly really affected him. He doesn't look quick, sharp or fit anymore. That loss of pace isn't the end of the world, but the sharpness and match fitness requires games - something we cannot afford to give him as he'd be being carried and the work rate isn't there to allow it.

Also Dobson and Fraser are both better players and he's competing now with Albie Morgan... Which shows his fall from grace.  
    Why didn't we play him in the u21s then....
    Who knows? I think he was disliked by MS, who pushed for his contract to be renewed so he could be flogged (as I understand it).

So probably been isolated as part of that. 
    This is pretty much the extent of it. He (MS) got wind that a league one club were interested and pushed to trigger the contract to get a fee.

Said club flipped him the bird and MS soon discovered that JFC wanted to stay in the South East and that a fee wasn’t going to happen.

Garner was told he couldn’t have McGrandles and Payne unless two left and he agreed to JFC and Gilbey leaving. The paperwork for his move to AFC Wimbledon was messed up and Garner was told he could only be used for emergencies so that we could move him on in January.
    The only bit that I heard differently was that Martin "offered" Garner MacGrandles on the basis JFC would be sold anyway.

It was only at the 11th hour they were open to JFC going on loan when he (Martin) realised he wasn't as clever as he thought. 

There was also a heated conversation, or two, that Gilbey wouldn't move to Lincoln and Lincoln wouldn't budge on their asking price for Scully.  A couple of other players were hawked about at totally unrealistic prices and someone couldn't understand why other people wouldn't just do what he wanted.
    All-in-all sounds like a very professional window and job well done.
    Unqualified.  Out of his depth.   And why on earth would MS be doing this when it should be Gallen's job!   But we ALL know the answer to that one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SOTF said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He was a top league 1 player when we got him. 

His first knee injury wasn't so bad, the second injury though has clearly really affected him. He doesn't look quick, sharp or fit anymore. That loss of pace isn't the end of the world, but the sharpness and match fitness requires games - something we cannot afford to give him as he'd be being carried and the work rate isn't there to allow it.

Also Dobson and Fraser are both better players and he's competing now with Albie Morgan... Which shows his fall from grace.  
    Why didn't we play him in the u21s then....
    Who knows? I think he was disliked by MS, who pushed for his contract to be renewed so he could be flogged (as I understand it).

So probably been isolated as part of that. 
    This is pretty much the extent of it. He (MS) got wind that a league one club were interested and pushed to trigger the contract to get a fee.

Said club flipped him the bird and MS soon discovered that JFC wanted to stay in the South East and that a fee wasn’t going to happen.

Garner was told he couldn’t have McGrandles and Payne unless two left and he agreed to JFC and Gilbey leaving. The paperwork for his move to AFC Wimbledon was messed up and Garner was told he could only be used for emergencies so that we could move him on in January.
    The only bit that I heard differently was that Martin "offered" Garner MacGrandles on the basis JFC would be sold anyway.

It was only at the 11th hour they were open to JFC going on loan when he (Martin) realised he wasn't as clever as he thought. 

There was also a heated conversation, or two, that Gilbey wouldn't move to Lincoln and Lincoln wouldn't budge on their asking price for Scully.  A couple of other players were hawked about at totally unrealistic prices and someone couldn't understand why other people wouldn't just do what he wanted.
    All-in-all sounds like a very professional window and job well done.
    Sounds like real life is harder than a computer game…
  • Options
    Farewell and thanks JFC.

No doubt in the mind of some of our supporters you are suddenly better than Kevin De Bruyne and its an outrage you've been let go.
  • Options
    Wish him all the best. Just hope he stays injury free for the rest of his career 
  • Options
    permanent deal
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Good luck JFC and thank you
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Signed for Stevenage 
    Confirmed.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope he stays fit, for his own mental health.
    Thanks for everything JFC, mind yourself now ♥️
  • Options
    The quicker 'Hard-Shot' Sandgaard is out of this club the fucking better!! JFC could have been just what we needed this season if Garner had been allowed to play him...get his match-fitness and sharpness back. He is an intelligent player and I'm gutted to see him go and all because of H-SS!!!
    He wouldn't have been
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Hope he can stay injury free at Stevenage and get back to enjoying his football.
  • Options
    Good luck Jake

I wonder if there is a clause that should Stevenage get promoted then his wages get paid in full by them.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Good luck Jake

I wonder if there is a clause that should Stevenage get promoted then his wages get paid in full by them.
    It's a permanent deal.
  • Options
    Excellent player but sadly injuries just got the better of him .. 
  • Options
    When we win the EFL Cup final, will he get a medal?  ;)
  • Options
    I have never commented on JFC and I am not suggesting that he is better than Kevin De Bruyne or that it's an outrage he's been let go. But my opinion is that we are better off with him in our club. 
    I agree - there’s nothing to suggest we will get any better .  I still wonder who will play in midfield if Dobson is missing .