Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey - another ACL injury (p6)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him. Great move to a team in the automatics in League 2 and local. 

• Options
    A good move for him and them I would think. 
  • Options
    They are gambling on him staying sound. Good luck Jake. 
  • Options
    Good luck to Jake. A good player hampered by serious injury. Hope this works out for him. 
  • Options
    Good luck Jake. You were never one of my favourites (don't know why) but served us with some distinction over quite a long period given the short time players hang around these days in general.
  • Options
    A cool dead ball taker, we'll miss him when our QF match at Old Trafford goes to penalties  ;)
  • Options
    Interesting, they have Gilbey and Reeves who play almost every game in the middle, I presume this means Gilbey is returning? 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    CARE!!
    I took Cafc43v3r comment on the Transfer thread as being confirmation Jake had gone when he just stated "Stevenage'" 

Can see now this was maybe a just a prediction. Particularly as he later states that no announcement made yet.

My apologies to Jake and Cafc43v3r and other Lifers for jumping the gun. 

Please take out the reference from the Title.
  • Options
    Hope he’s staying as, when fit, he’s one of our best players.
  • Options
    No he's not, otherwise he'd be playing ahead of the midfielders we have currently 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    No he's not, otherwise he'd be playing ahead of the midfielders we have currently 
    Not necessarily. Although admittedly Ive been one of his biggest fans but wouldn’t say he’s one of our best players. Not had a chance to prove his worth this season though. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Fair enough - I just think he hasn’t been properly  fit most of this season. 
  • Options
    Jake needs a fresh start and good luck to him. We need another mobile midfielder to back up Dobson and Fraser.  
    How about Clare if we can get in a left-back or two, then play Sess or Egbo at right-back.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Jake needs a fresh start and good luck to him. We need another mobile midfielder to back up Dobson and Fraser.  
    How about Clare if we can get in a left-back or two, then play Sess or Egbo at right-back.
    How many games has Clare had played for us at centre mid? 2 or 3? Genuine question as I'm not certain but know it isn't many. Not sure if he'd even be considered there anymore. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I can't believe quite how much that last injury has knackered him. He looks like he's lost both his mobility and his engine, which were his two best attributes. No wonder he's on his way to L2. 
  • Options
    Before his two acl injuries he was a decent championship midfielder.
    Had a touch of class I thought.
    Sadly, imo he’s not mobile enough anymore.
    Good luck Jake.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Chunes said:
    I can't believe quite how much that last injury has knackered him. He looks like he's lost both his mobility and his engine, which were his two best attributes. No wonder he's on his way to L2. 
    This. For me the measure of a player is what teams are in for signing you.

If a host of Championship teams come in for JFC then clearly they'd have seen something in him. The fact Stevenage and Wimbledon (in the summer) were the closest linked teams and both in League Two tells you his level sadly.
  • Options
    Good luck to JFC. Probably be a good move for him. Good player for us in the championship as well. 
  • Options
    This is like having an R. I. P thread for someone who is in hospital. Yes he'll be leaving at some point, but if there's no club willing to pick up his wage, he could possibly remain here until the summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although I’ve never been fully onboard the JFC hype train, I can still recognise the contributions he has made to the team, and I will certainly be sad to see him go and hope he has a successful time at Stevenage.

One thing I won’t miss will be Charlton fans saying we should try him at LB. 
  • Options
    He was a top league 1 player when we got him. 

His first knee injury wasn't so bad, the second injury though has clearly really affected him. He doesn't look quick, sharp or fit anymore. That loss of pace isn't the end of the world, but the sharpness and match fitness requires games - something we cannot afford to give him as he'd be being carried and the work rate isn't there to allow it.

Also Dobson and Fraser are both better players and he's competing now with Albie Morgan... Which shows his fall from grace.  

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

His first knee injury wasn't so bad, the second injury though has clearly really affected him. He doesn't look quick, sharp or fit anymore. That loss of pace isn't the end of the world, but the sharpness and match fitness requires games - something we cannot afford to give him as he'd be being carried and the work rate isn't there to allow it.

Also Dobson and Fraser are both better players and he's competing now with Albie Morgan... Which shows his fall from grace.  

Why didn't we play him in the u21s then....
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Why didn't we play him in the u21s then....
    Who knows? I think he was disliked by MS, who pushed for his contract to be renewed so he could be flogged (as I understand it).

So probably been isolated as part of that. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

“Top league one player” Really?
  • Options
    Players come and go so regularly here, that Jake's 5 years seem like a lifetime! He arrived in the season that Russell Slade was sacked.
    Sadly injuries robbed us of the best of him. I remember him and Kashi playing in midfield, and we'd sing "never gives the ball away" - to which one of our players would immediately give the ball away, lol!

All the best Jake
  • Options
    Players come and go so regularly here, that Jake's 5 years seem like a lifetime! He arrived in the season that Russell Slade was sacked.
    Sadly injuries robbed us of the best of him. I remember him and Kashi playing in midfield, and we'd sing "never gives the ball away" - to which one of our players would immediately give the ball away, lol!

All the best Jake
    Did slade sign him or Robinson?