Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    Brownie "I dont think Fraser struggles getting through games"  

Yeah.... 

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Is that 7 academy players in the starting 11?

AMB
    Thomas
    Ness
    Clare
    Chin
    Henry
    Kanu

+3 on the bench in Harness, Leaburn and Campbell
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    And Golfie’s got two up top tonight, now calling for wingers to be starting even though Holden favours 3-5-2 which doesn’t suit them 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Eight players from the Charlton youth setup in the first team squad tonight. Great advert for any young player wondering where to go
  • Options
    Wow! That is a very weak team. The weakest back line, the weakest midfield and the weakest attack seen for a long time. I know we have had a bit of sickness in the camp, but I don't see the point of resting players for Saturday. I hope Holden is a genius and the brave selections work, but that looks like a team that will concede and not score, so I can't see us getting anything (but hope I am wrong of course). I assume Sessegnon is one of those who is unwell. Shame. I hope the starting eleven can hold on until the cavalry arrive second half!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I'm a bit puzzled that Deji's shown as warming up, but he's not shown as being on the bench.
  • Options
    Feel like every other week we hear that the team won’t be scoring any goals. And then we go and grab at least one, maybe more.

Scoring goals has not been this team’s problem. Letting them in at the other end usually is.
  • Options
    We were told that some players have not been well this week and we will have to see which players are up to playing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow! That is a very weak team. The weakest back line, the weakest midfield and the weakest attack seen for a long time. I know we have had a bit of sickness in the camp, but I don't see the point of resting players for Saturday. I hope Holden is a genius and the brave selections work, but that looks like a team that will concede and not score, so I can't see us getting anything (but hope I am wrong of course). I assume Sessegnon is one of those who is unwell. Shame. I hope the starting eleven can hold on until the cavalry arrive second half!
    We're resting them for Sunday 🙂
  • Options
    If we're playing wing backs I'd rather we recalled Clayden from his loan than play Chin there. Chin is good on the right, but ordinary on the left.
  • Options
    That graphic currently on screen - hasn't the Bolton game been switched to lunch time cos it's on Sky?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    ross1 said:
    I'm a bit puzzled that Deji's shown as warming up, but he's not shown as being on the bench.
    Erm...
    Dobson
    Lavelle 
    Chin
    Fraser
    Inniss
    Payne
    Campbell
    Thomas
    Kanu 
    Stockley
    Henry
    Ness
    Clare

Rak
    CBT
    Miles

I'm assuming it's the one face I can't name, but not sure that's Deji?! Unless his hair is Fro'ing me off

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    That graphic currently on screen - hasn't the Bolton game been switched to lunch time cos it's on Sky?
    I’ve got Saturday 12.30 on Sky in my diary.
  • Options
    Looks like a dreadful starting line up but those are usually the ones we manage to win. 
  • Options
    Don't like the look of our team. Could be a bad night this. Or they'll surprise me and do well. You never know with this lot.
  • Options
    I would say that this is the worst player line up I have ever seen 
  • Options
    My unbeaten record at away matches this season is definitely under threat tonight, but I think we'll battle to another draw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:
    ross1 said:
    Erm...
    Dobson
    Lavelle 
    Chin
    Fraser
    Inniss
    Payne
    Campbell
    Thomas
    Kanu 
    Stockley
    Henry
    Ness
    Clare

Rak
    CBT
    Miles

I'm assuming it's the one face I can't name, but not sure that's Deji?! Unless his hair is Fro'ing me off
    Yep, you can see his squad number in the photo with Ness that the club twitter feed put out earlier:
  • Options
    Don't forget that Watson, Oztumer, Levitt & Vennings midfield against Sunderland a few years ago. With Pratley at CB.
  • Options
    Can't overplay Leaburn seeing as he has been out a while.
  • Options

Sky live football

Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers. Sky Bet League One.

12:30pm, Saturday 28th January 2023.

The Valley.

• Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9422353.stm
  • Options
    Seven academy players starting and another three on the bench.

Shows our weakness.

Fingers crossed but not too confident on a positive result tonight....
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Seven academy players starting and another three on the bench.

Shows our weakness.

Fingers crossed but not too confident on a positive result tonight....
    I guess they'll want to play to keep their place in the team......
  • Options
    Still not got enough money to be able to play JFC in league matches.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!