Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | New Years Day - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    It's a New Year, and everyone is so negative already 

Portsmouth 0-4 Charlton
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Portsmouth 0-4 Charlton
    Are you Happy Valley posting under a new name 😆
  • Options
    We always win at Fratton Park

2-0 to us
  • Options

Portsmouth 0-4 Charlton
    Are you Happy Valley posting under a new name 😆
    Been the same person since I joined.

• Options
    We always win away against Portsmouth. 2-1 victory to the Aďdicks.... Have to have some hope...

• Options
    Maynard-Brewer
    Inniss Lavelle Ness
    Clare Payne Dobson Fraser Blackett-Taylor
    Stockley Leaburn

Is probably who I'd play today

MacGillivray, Chin, Thomas, Henry, Forster-Caskey, Rak-Sakyi, Kanu
  • Options
    Need to avoid defeat. Defend like the Brighton game and nick it on the break. 0-1
  • Options
    4-0 trouncing.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I am still baffled how we kept Brighton from scoring. I was there and witnessed it but still can't work it out. We were lucky, I appreciate that, but even so. Can we keep Pompey out? I just can't see it. It will all be about scoring more than they do.
  • Options
    Don't care who else starts, Blackett-Taylor has to. His record against Pompey is fantastic and they hate playing against him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you think we can get him to announce the team early? Reason I’m asking is I’m contemplating buying the stream on the grounds of having just been kicked in the head by a horse. 
    But of course if he picks a load of old nonsense again then I’d reconsider scrabbling about to find the laptop charger…
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Don't care who else starts, Blackett-Taylor has to. His record against Pompey is fantastic and they hate playing against him. 
    this has been one of the biggest mysteries to me over the last few months - he is our most dangerous player - why do we only give him half an hour at the end? 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Jonniesta said:
    this has been one of the biggest mysteries to me over the last few months - he is our most dangerous player - why do we only give him half an hour at the end? 
    Because like Inniss, Aneke, Sessegnon, Egbo, Thomas and McGrandles, at best he is only semi-fit.

We have an equal opportunities recruitment policy, you don't have to be fit to join. 
  • Options
    We are their bogey team. HOWEVER we are experimenting with some serious crapness at the moment.

Desperate 0-1 defeat.

oh yeh, Happy New Year everyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    A 2-0 defeat brings calls for Hayes to be reinstated for the Man Utd game. 😬
  • Options
    After the Oxford game, hard to see where the next win is coming from. Even with the jinx we seem to have at Fratton Park. Dear oh dear..
  • Options
    I am still baffled how we kept Brighton from scoring. I was there and witnessed it but still can't work it out. We were lucky, I appreciate that, but even so. Can we keep Pompey out? I just can't see it. It will all be about scoring more than they do.
    We defended with 11 men behind the ball (10 when Stockley came on), and didn’t press their back four. They had to rely on getting wide, which worked occasionally, but their crosses from the byline were poor, and we packed the box, so gave ourselves a chance. We actually had a plan, and it worked. 
    Then our penalties were better than theirs. Blackett-Taylor and Lavelle in particular. 
    I hope we have a plan today. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Sage said:
    Portsmouth have moved more to a 3-4-2-1 formation of late after being a flat 4-4-2 for a while.

After the disaster against Oxford and being exposed on the outside of the 3 and between the wing-backs, I can see a change of formation and a change of tactic. We sit in a lower block and hope that we can hit them on the counter attack.

We need men in midfield and at the back and we need to get back to basics. Very quickly.

They're going to come out and at us early so we need to stand up to it and try to frustrate them as much as possible.

Holden seems to like Ness so I can see him starting. The rest, just have to hope don’t drink much tonight and get into the game quickly.

Maynard-Brewer
    Clare | Inniss | Ness | Sessegnon
    Henry | Dobson | Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi | Leaburn | Blackett-Taylor

Harness, Thomas, Lavelle, Campbell, Payne, Stockley, Kanu
    Sess is injured, we have no left back to play 442, has to be 532
    Sessegnon is playing.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Suggestions that Aneke may be in the squad. We’ll see.
    And so he is!
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yay, Aneke in the squad. Cheat code.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Scoham said:

Looks like Louis is still recovering from a night on the tiles..
  • Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Inniss, Ness, Sessegnon; Morgan, Dobson (c), Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: MacGillivray, Lavelle, Campbell, Henry, Payne, Stockley, Aneke

• Options
    Much better side than the last game, but that's not exactly difficult. 
  • Options
    For me the only question is why no JFC?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Just noticed no Kirk. Hopefully it means he's being sold and replaced by someone who isn't lazy
  • Options
    I’m assuming JFC Kirk and jayesimi are being sold this week?
  • Options
    Right, so is that 3-5-2 with cbt at left wb, or 4-5-1?