Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | New Years Day - 3pm KO | Match Preview

124»

Comments

• Options
    Charwill said:
    I’m assuming JFC Kirk and jayesimi are being sold this week?
    Oh no! 
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    For me the only question is why no JFC?
    No Shane Ferguson either. Can only be because he hasn't signed yet.

• Options
    Decent team on paper…other than Chuks, not much on the bench.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Right, so is that 3-5-2 with cbt at left wb, or 4-5-1? 
    4-3-3
  • Options
    A far better starting line-up than the other night. About as good as it could be under the circumstances.
  • Options
    Probably about the best side we can field. I predict a win today to start a glorious winning run culminating with promotion by Easter 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Inniss, Ness, Sessegnon; Morgan, Dobson (c), Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: MacGillivray, Lavelle, Campbell, Henry, Payne, Stockley, Aneke

Probably the best team we can pick given the players available. I hope we get a good game from Albie, he's very important in this formation in that he should provide the huddle and bussle. 

I know he's had next to no time on the training ground, but I'm very skeptical of Holden. He feels like a firefighter, but so far we haven't gotten the new manager bounce. Hopefully that starts today. 
  • Options
    Much better looking side. Inniss plays despite all the Charlton fans wanting him banned  ;)
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    DJ is hurt. I also wouldn't expect them to be sold right away. I don't know that clubs will exactly be queueing up for them given at least DJ and JFC were available in the summer and no deal went through. 
  • Options
    Don't our managers normally take months to start making 7 changes at a time, really flying through the doom cycle now...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much better looking side. Inniss plays despite all the Charlton fans wanting him banned  ;)
    I mean, he's better than Lavelle. Thomas was awful the other night, though in guessing that more down to lack of fitness and illness than anything. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Much better front line.....assuming CBT & JRS are playing as wingers and not wingbacks. 

Not sure about Morgan, but if there are no other alternatives then why not ...better than chucking in a few youngsters who aren't ready. 

Still going with my 2-0 win. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    SDAddick said:
    Charwill said:
    DJ is hurt. I also wouldn't expect them to be sold right away. I don't know that clubs will exactly be queueing up for them given at least DJ and JFC were available in the summer and no deal went through. 
    They both were on the cusp of leaving to Mansfield and AFC Wimbledon but the loan deals never got over the line IIRC.
  • Options
    Decent team? Have you looked at the table recently?
    That aside, we are still getting 3 points today, COYR!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Don't our managers normally take months to start making 7 changes at a time, really flying through the doom cycle now...
    To be fair, I think it's more Christmas fixtures and illness that has driven some of the chopping and changes the last couple matches. 

I mean, it's not good, nothing is good, there are just mitigating circumstances here. 
  • Options
    Didn't realise Portsmouth's form was so bad.

1 win in 13 league games. 7 without a home win (although 6 were draws).
  • Options

Don't worry, we'll fix that. 
  • Options
    Decent team? Have you looked at the table recently?
    That aside, we are still getting 3 points today, COYR!
    Decent team - for us….
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Charwill said:
    For me the only question is why no JFC?
    No Shane Ferguson either. Can only be because he hasn't signed yet.

Starts for Rotherham @ Millwall today...
  • Options

Did exactly the same last year as well. Fantastic start to the season, and looking like strong early contenders for early, followed by trailing off and finishing 10th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Sess was injured. Boosts our chances greatly that he can play.
  • Options
    Please, Albie, prove me wrong! Otherwise that team is much better than the other day, and at least I feel we have a chance. Which Sean Clare is going to turn up today? Hopefully the one who gives a shit and puts some effort in!
  • Options
    Please, Albie, prove me wrong! Otherwise that team is much better than the other day, and at least I feel we have a chance. Which Sean Clare is going to turn up today? Hopefully the one who gives a shit and puts some effort in!
    Think you’re confusing lack of ‘effort’ for lack of ‘ability’.

He is simple not a good enough player to be consistently good, especially in a team which is woefully under resourced and constantly exposed because of it.