Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | New Years Day - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely chuffed for everyone that turned up at Frats. It's been turgid watching the last few months but pretty please don't let it slip against Lincoln... Be brave and go on the front foot. 
  • Options
    Poor old Pompey. Reminds me of that relegation season when we beat Birmingham twice. They will not want to look back on that. Part of me thinks that I can't quite view it as a corner turned when we needed Pack to get his traditional red card and them to score the final goal for us to put it to bed but I'll try not to think about it too much. Decent-ish line up based on what we had available and a sensible set-up. I'm glad the 3-5-2 has already gone in the bin, some points to Holden for that at least.
    Really dark time to be Sam Lavelle though. That's two consecutive managers who had had a look at him with key defenders out injured and still chosen to pick children over him. Must surely be the end of his road for us
  • Options
    The 'Lads it's only Pompey' speech at half time worked a treat ;) 
  • Options
    Let's hope for more of the same. A bit of consistency and we can finish top ten.    
  • Options
    Absolutely chuffed for everyone that turned up at Frats. It's been turgid watching the last few months
    Oh cmon!!... Lets be honest, they went to Fratton Park knowing we were going to win

That comment is like applauding Man City fans for travelling to see their side win 9-0 @ Welling!!

Bet tickets will sell out in five minutes for the trip to Pompey next season ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't understand how we can put in an effort like following the mess on away at Oxford. Great team performance and tactics were perfect for the opposition.

• Options
    For once we had decent shape...apart from at defending corners! Two great goals from Rak-Sakyi and Fraser, plus Leaburn might have have scored. Great to see CBT fully involved for + 90 minutes. Innis took no chances and smacked the ball into touch, aka Rufus, and Ness also played well. One great stop by Ashley Maynard otherwise, overall, Pompey were awful, lucky to get their goal. They will not go up this year! Cawleys out? Oh and Piggot had a poor first half and got taken off. Don't see him improving our front line.
  • Options
    Deserved that, was worried when they scored the equaliser thought we’d see the same old Charlton in the second half but Holden seems to have organised us and we slowly killed off the game. 

Fingers crossed for 2023, hopefully we strengthen in Jan dream for the playoffs and really press next year if a miracle doesn’t happen. COYR!
  • Options
    Good performance. Well happy.
  • Options
    Sacrificed points in the prediction league to guarantee our win today. I hope you all appreciate my selflessness
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Credit to Dean Holden. the formation and sharp were spot on. We had a good spine today with Eliot Ness being my outstanding player at the back. Thought Dobson, Morgan and Private Fraser dominated the midfield and Leaburn looked like a seasoned pro leading the line. Plenty of pace out wide that scared the shit out of the Pompei full backs. Aside the lapse of concentration by Clare for their goal, a thoroughly superb performance and a much deserved win. Play-offs, anyone?
    If he can bring Al Capone down he should have no trouble keeping us up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great performance really enjoyed that. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Decent performance. You would expect those effort levels as a minimum every week.
    Hopefully that is the end of 3-5-2 and Holden stays well clear of it in future.
    Am still not convinced by the cente backs and Clare is increasingly showing that he isn't a right back.
    Hoping to see a centre back, possibly right and left backs and a starting striker arrive in Janaury.
    I'd also like to see a quality addition to central midfield as neither Morgan or Payne convince me at all.
    Am not getting overly excited as we are a real bogey side for Portsmouth and lets not pretend that they were anything but woeful.

• Options
    Much needed victory! Just hope it enables us to build up enough momentum to stay away from the bottom 4!
  • Options
    Today, and in the second half at Oxford, we had a formation that fits the players we have, rather than try to fit the players into a formation. We still need a left-footed left back; although  Sess is fine he'd probably be even better on the right. 

I do wonder if there will be a bit of a clearout in January: DJ, Kirk, MacGillivray, JFC and Lavelle could all do with a move.....as long as they're replaced!
  • Options
    I think dobsons contract is up in the summer??

He needs to sign for Charlton in the next few weeks