Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trains, Planes & Automobiles - (Getting To Old Trafford)

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Train up
    Night drinking to celebrate the win
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
    Match don’t kick off until 8.pm so you won’t have long in the pub after you’ve left the ground, even less time if it goes to ET (cough cough).  Unless of course your hotel has a bar that will stay open, otherwise get some tinnies in 😉.
    I think it will probably go straight to pens like the previous rounds. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    CAFCTrev said:
    RedChaser said:
    Train up
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
    Match don’t kick off until 8.pm so you won’t have long in the pub after you’ve left the ground, even less time if it goes to ET (cough cough).  Unless of course your hotel has a bar that will stay open, otherwise get some tinnies in 😉.
    Doh! 🤦‍♂️ Even so won’t be leaving the ground until 10.30ish. Fortunately a few establishments will open until the early hours apparently.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    RedChaser said:
    Train up
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
    If we can cut out the 90 mins we have a chance 😉
  • Options
    Train from Euston 11:53
    Premier Inn  Deansgate
    Train Back Wed 11:35 

• Options
    Train at 13.53 staying in Manchester Piccadilly
    Train home 11-06 via Crewe.
  • Options
    train from hove, staying in travelodge
  • Options
    Wish me luck, leaving at 0900 tomorrow.
    From Larkfield?
    If a car goes past & they are mooning out of the window that will be us 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    1353 from Euston. 
    Will be available for post match discussions about Jimmy Seed and Millwall, for a small fee.
    Staying in what I’m hoping is a small boutique hotel, but which might easily turn out to be a flea pit or a bordello. 
  • Options
    I can't believe so many people are getting trains, are you 100% confident there's no train strikes going on , on the 10th and 11th, they always seem to be on strike at the moment, and its hard to keep up, if you're not a regular commuter?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't believe so many people are getting trains, are you 100% confident there's no train strikes going on , on the 10th and 11th, they always seem to be on strike at the moment, and its hard to keep up, if you're not a regular commuter?
    There are no train strikes next week, 14 days notice has to be given of any industrial action.
  • Options
    No train strikes next week, I think they have to give 14 days notice if they do strike.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, appreciate it!  <3
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    sholland said:
    I work for the NHS and am not able to get any time off work at this short notice. Luckily I can work remotely with 2 laptops. 
    I will be driving to Manchester from West Sussex after my Monday shift, working from my hotel room on Tuesday 07.00-15.00
    Then drive back Wednesday morning before work at 16.00
    Staying in Premier Inn Manchester City Centre West. 
    Never worked from a hotel room before, I had to upgrade the room to get a proper desk, chair and high speed internet. 
    Just go on strike for the Tuesday and Wednesday, sorted!
    I am a GMB member and the Sussex Branch did not meet the required threshold after members voting to go on strike. 
  • Options
    sholland said:
    se9addick said:
    sholland said:
    I work for the NHS and am not able to get any time off work at this short notice. Luckily I can work remotely with 2 laptops. 
    I will be driving to Manchester from West Sussex after my Monday shift, working from my hotel room on Tuesday 07.00-15.00
    Then drive back Wednesday morning before work at 16.00
    Staying in Premier Inn Manchester City Centre West. 
    Never worked from a hotel room before, I had to upgrade the room to get a proper desk, chair and high speed internet. 
    Just go on strike for the Tuesday and Wednesday, sorted!
    I am a GMB member and the Sussex Branch did not meet the required threshold after members voting to go on strike. 
    Did you tell them that Charlton were away to United? 
  • Options
    National Express up on Tuesday morning - opted for the coach because of the risk of strikes/ Avanti uselessness. Staying near Piccadilly, booked two nights so coming back Thursday morning. 
  • Options
    Two on coach from Charlton leaving 12.30.
    Probably not fully home until 3 or 4am.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    half day at work jump on train from crayford at 12.28 up to euston 1.55pm out into piccadilly at 4.05pm dump bags at motel one near station then into deansgate for beers pre match, back on the 11.55am the next day time for breaky and a couple of recovery pints 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also doing a half day at work, heading up at 12:47 from Rugby. Staying the night and heading back at 6:30 for work with presumably a very sore head.
  • Options
    ✈️🛫🛬🛩️
  • Options
    ✈️🛫🛬🛩️
    Got the 3 lads from Leitrim tickets, they’re flying over from Dublin the day of the match.
  • Options
    ✈️🛫🛬🛩️
    Got the 3 lads from Leitrim tickets, they’re flying over from Dublin the day of the match.
    A few from Cork going 🙏🏻
  • Options
    Plan on getting 11.13 from Euston. Drop bags in dodgy Travelodge somewhere, then straight to Deansgate or Piccadilly - then onto OT. After the game probably drink around Northern Quarter, there are lots of decent bars there and much better than Deansgate imo (however Deansgate closer to OT). 
    Open return train ticket for next day, so small lie in and hungover train back wondering what our allocation will be like for Forest away in the Semis. 
  • Options
    We managed to get cheap advance tickets by going Kings Cross to Leeds and then onto Manc from there. £60 return in total from London.
  • Options
    Coach spaces are available still btw. 
    As is Valley Parking. 

£33 is a good return price. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Coach spaces are available still btw. 
    As is Valley Parking. 

£33 is a good return price. 
    apart from having to get a coach