Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trains, Planes & Automobiles - (Getting To Old Trafford)

Comments

• Options
    Have got Jury Service from Monday!!!, IF i can scoot Tuesday late AM, then drive up and back!!, 
  • Options
    Train up 9am ish Tuesday. Football museum in afternoon. Match. Hotel in Salford Quays. Train home Wednesday 2pm ish. 
    Well worth a visit.

Especially the men's urinals.  You'll see what I mean if you go.
  • Options
    11.33 up 

Work meeting at 3 (so I can claim train and hotel on expenses) it will be in a pub.

Staying at the midland nice and handy for the after party at Albert Schloss 
  • Options
    Train up 9am ish Tuesday. Football museum in afternoon. Match. Hotel in Salford Quays. Train home Wednesday 2pm ish. 
    Well worth a visit.

I’ll have to rely on my husband, dad or uncle to inform me. 
  • Options
    Well worth a visit.

It's a man thing Suzi. Last time I went there they had goals in the urinals with small footballs.  I got a hat trick including one off the cross bar.
  • Options
    A proper away day isn't complete without a train journey imo. getting the 15:13 from Euston, staying at the Holiday Inn. back Wednesday 13:30
    Me and my mate will be on the 15:13. Sadly gotta be back in London for early Wednesday so hiring a car back to London then dropping it off in London, hopefully will be home by 3am.
  • Options
    Well worth a visit.

It's a man thing Suzi. Last time I went there they had goals in the urinals with small footballs.  I got a hat trick including one off the cross bar.
    I hope you cleared up the mess once you finished! 😉
  • Options
    3.30  from Euston Tues, staying with a mate (who's a United fan) back on train at 10 to 9 Wed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Peveril of The Peak is an excellent pub for the discerning beer drinker if people arrive early or leave late thus having time to visit.
    And 3 min from there is The Britons Protection 2 good pubs close to each other and about 40 min from the ground.
  • Options
    Noticed that there are a couple of early trains on the Wednesday morning after 5am if any one can't get a hotel room.....find somewhere to drink/eat for a 'few' hours and get on one of them trains....not ideal but if needs must.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Peveril of The Peak is an excellent pub for the discerning beer drinker if people arrive early or leave late thus having time to visit.
    Not sure how I've managed to miss that place, cheers!
  • Options
    Have got Jury Service from Monday!!!, IF i can scoot Tuesday late AM, then drive up and back!!, 
    Tell them at the start that you do not believe in imprisonment, so would be unable to convict anyone if that were a likely outcome. They will tell you it's your duty and you will to have to serve but then discretely tell you to go before the day's out. You're welcome...
  • Options
    have had a stinker but if we can secure tickets tomorrow morning, could be a reprieve -  will be working a.m, training it up early afternoon - on lash , stopping over and training it back in morning and working pm  
  • Options
    Due to work commitments on Wednesday, we’re driving up from Maidstone Tues am and straight back after. No drinking for me, apart from tea and red-bull.

Having done Morecambe away midweek in the same vain last year I think i’m mentally prepared.

To be honest, I’ve done Manchester to death when England played at OT whilst Wembley was renovated, so not too gutted about missing the night out.
  • Options
    Due to work commitments on Wednesday, we’re driving up from Maidstone Tues am and straight back after. No drinking for me, apart from tea and red-bull.

Having done Morecambe away midweek in the same vain last year I think i’m mentally prepared.

To be honest, I’ve done Manchester to death when England played at OT whilst Wembley was renovated, so not too gutted about missing the night out.
    Best and safe place for the car mate please. 
  • Options
    No idea yet mate, not looked into it. I drove up for Eng v Tukey at COMS a few years back and just parked at a city centre p&d which worked well enough.
  • Options
    In the office Tuesday AM, 1:30pm train from Euston, staying near Manchester Piccadilly station, 9:15am back on Weds, back at my desk in the office around midday Weds, hoping no one notices I was gone! 
  • Options
    No idea yet mate, not looked into it. I drove up for Eng v Tukey at COMS a few years back and just parked at a city centre p&d which worked well enough.
    👍👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Direct train from Bournemouth. Meeting up with my son and his fiance in the Northern quarter. He's driving the three of us back on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Travelling up from Woolwich after work on Monday night by train, got a Premier Inn booked in the city centre. Working from the hotel room on Tuesday and then the game, got the day off work on Weds for the journey back. 
  • Options
    cazo said:

Best and safe place for the car mate please. 
    West Stand carp park, only £3.
  • Options
    Wake up at half time in Manila. Taxi to airport. Celebrate victory with bacon roll for breakfast. Arrive in Iloilo as celebrating Charlton fans leave Manchester nightclubs. Await semi-final draw.
  • Options
    In the office Tuesday AM, 1:30pm train from Euston, staying near Manchester Piccadilly station, 9:15am back on Weds, back at my desk in the office around midday Weds, hoping no one notices I was gone! 
     Very similar - 2.13 train out 11ish train back in morning - Brittania seems ok hotel ? In between Piccadilly and deansgate and cheap - any views on Brittania ? and where is everybody headed late afternoon early evening pre match and after ? 
  • Options
    Anyone staying at the Yotel Deansgate hotel?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
     Very similar - 2.13 train out 11ish train back in morning - Brittania seems ok hotel ? In between Piccadilly and deansgate and cheap - any views on Brittania ? and where is everybody headed late afternoon early evening pre match and after ? 
    unfortunately I stayed there about 10-12 years ago, and I'm led to believe it's not improved.

you are on the same train as us though up there
  • Options
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/nov/09/britannia-named-worst-uk-hotel-chain-for-tenth-year-in-a-row
    they also own Pontins and they came bottom of the Which? best holiday park list
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Just booked 2 rooms in brittania £49 each room bang in the middle of the night like after.🍺🍺🍺cour