Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trains, Planes & Automobiles - (Getting To Old Trafford)

Comments

• Options
    life
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Anyone staying at the Yotel Deansgate hotel?
    No, but am in Deansgate at the Leonardo. Used to be a Jurys Inn apparently.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    DOUCHER said:
    In the office Tuesday AM, 1:30pm train from Euston, staying near Manchester Piccadilly station, 9:15am back on Weds, back at my desk in the office around midday Weds, hoping no one notices I was gone! 
     Very similar - 2.13 train out 11ish train back in morning - Brittania seems ok hotel ? In between Piccadilly and deansgate and cheap - any views on Brittania ? and where is everybody headed late afternoon early evening pre match and after ? 
    Just booked 2 rooms in brittania £49 each room bang in the middle of the night like after.🍺🍺🍺cour
    This is what I’m thinking - location location location 😂😂
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    In the office Tuesday AM, 1:30pm train from Euston, staying near Manchester Piccadilly station, 9:15am back on Weds, back at my desk in the office around midday Weds, hoping no one notices I was gone! 
     Very similar - 2.13 train out 11ish train back in morning - Brittania seems ok hotel ? In between Piccadilly and deansgate and cheap - any views on Brittania ? and where is everybody headed late afternoon early evening pre match and after ? 
    unfortunately I stayed there about 10-12 years ago, and I'm led to believe it's not improved.

you are on the same train as us though up there
    👍I’m guessing there won’t be a dedicated away pub as such before game ?? Check twitter and play by ear ?? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    R0TW said:
    Stewart said:
    Anyone staying at the Yotel Deansgate hotel?
    No, but it doesn't sound very promising.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/nov/09/YOTEL named even bigger shithole than Brittannia

Link doesn’t work. But it looks ok to me. 

You've been whooshed with a fake link. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    unfortunately I stayed there about 10-12 years ago, and I'm led to believe it's not improved.

👍I’m guessing there won’t be a dedicated away pub as such before game ?? Check twitter and play by ear ?? 
    If 9500 people turn up in the same pub, service might be a bit slow  ;)
  • Options
    All sorted,
    11.53 up
    10.55 back
    and a night in the Piccadilly hotel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve been doing away jollies with Charlton for 30 years now and I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to one as much as this. 

Just waiting fo the illness / snow / train problems / Covid lockdown / WW2 bomb discovery to come along and nause it all up
    You left out the forecast monsoon and flooding 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

If 9500 people turn up in the same pub, service might be a bit slow  ;)
    just checking they weren't opening the manchester arena for us to use as a fans bar - when big guns like us roll in to town, special measures are needed  :D:smiley:  
  • Options
    I’ve been doing away jollies with Charlton for 30 years now and I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to one as much as this. 

Just waiting fo the illness / snow / train problems / Covid lockdown / WW2 bomb discovery to come along and nause it all up
    imagine if we win or get a draw - i don't think that possibility has crossed anybody's mind yet - i keep telling the 'youth' about the win at blackburn when they were champions - it can happen !!!  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

imagine if we win or get a draw - i don't think that possibility has crossed anybody's mind yet - i keep telling the 'youth' about the win at blackburn when they were champions - it can happen !!!  
    We can’t get a draw, it’s win or lose on the night
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    imagine if we win or get a draw   
    Goes straight to pens after 90 mins , so there will be a result but no replay 

• Options
    All sorted,
    11.53 up
    10.55 back
    and a night in the Piccadilly hotel.
    A few Cork fans in the Piccadilly area 👍🏼
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Blackburn were Champions back in 1995. Our win in the FA Cup at Ewood Park was February 1994
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    shirty5 said:
    DOUCHER said:

Blackburn were Champions back in 1995. Our win in the FA Cup at Ewood Park was February 1994
    fair enough - man u haven't been champions for a few years !! - in fact scratch that - they look lie next years champions - no scratch that, that don't work either - anyway, they were a very good side 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    imagine if we win or get a draw   
    Goes straight to pens after 90 mins , so there will be a result but no replay 

i'm gonna post something that's right soon... i know, been waiting 15 years... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drive up, park up, watch the game, drive back. Hope to be home by 3am. Kids will have a duvet on the back seat and I'll have some pro plus in the front.
  • Options
    drive up, park up, watch the game, drive back. Hope to be home by 3am. Kids will have a duvet on the back seat and I'll have some pro plus in the front.
    Same here . Obviously being a bit further north it won't be as long on the road. I'm hoping three to three and a half hours each way . 
  • Options
    Same here . Obviously being a bit further north it won't be as long on the road. I'm hoping three to three and a half hours each way . 
    I'm west country so M6 - M5 shouldn't be too bad - its getting out of Manchester that's more challenging! Have a safe trip...
  • Options
    The Alan Hotel looks good, if anyone's still looking.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I think the shower’s in the bedroom so would be a little awkward if sharing with a mate.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I think the shower’s in the bedroom so would be a little awkward if sharing with a mate.
    That would be weird. But they have doors to the bathrooms 👍
  • Options
    It’s only for one night Britannia price is good
  • Options
    cazo said:
    It’s only for one night Britannia price is good
    The bar there used to be buzzing. Lots of minor celebs for some reason. Back in the eighties that was. And the disco in the basement was mad. 
    No idea what it’s like now though. 
  • Options
    £49 a night love it or lump it doubles or singles £24.50 each👍
  • Options
    Booked quite late and got somewhere called Poplar House, i think its in the right area!