Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+post match p23): Man Utd vs Charlton | Tues 10 Jan 2023 (League Cup Quarter Final)

Comments

• Options
    Well played Addicks. Good effort!
  • Options
    Not the way I hoped this would finish. Lots of difference between 1-0 and 3-0.
    In a funny way I would rather lose 3-0 than 1-0.  Outstanding performance and of it finished 1-0 you could, and people will, spend hours pointing fingers and blaming little things on us not winning.

Brilliant performance in probably our second biggest game in 15 years.

Play like that every game and we could still get in the play offs.

Leave the if buts and maybes for next week.
  • Options
    Thank god I don't have to listen to this commentary anymore. Thought we were outstanding for what we were up against. 
    Agree
  • Options
    Proud of the team tonight and that scoreline is harsh.

Thought United were well within themselves first half, but second half they knew they were in a game and Ten Hag felt the need to bring on his big guns.

Hope we can put that kind of performance into the league now and make a charge up the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have them one hell of a game.  Well played all the boys they were magnificent 
  • Options
    Not embarrassed. Nervy start but plenty after that.
  • Options
    Can't fault that performance, harsh 3 nil. Let's hope we can play like that in the league 
  • Options
    3-0 stings. Great effort lads 
  • Options
    Hard luck guys, brilliant effort. Be proud, go and get pissed and turn up wherever you are playing on Saturday.  
  • Options
    Thanks ectoderm, I’m a bit kissed, but let’s keep the post-match thread here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The team did us proud, very pleased with the performance overall. No shame in losing like that, you can tell the class when Rashford came on but looks like we've got our fight back in the team. 
    Onwards to Saturday now, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Much better 2nd half. We were so much better with 3 at the back with Sessegnon and Clare pushing forward. I thought both CBT and Rak-Sakyi were very weak both defensively and going forward. 

Also, probably a step too far for Miles today. He looked a lot better at the end with Stockley.
    I think CBT and Rak-Sakyi can do a job at L1 level but today it showed their imitations. 
  • Options
    Last one was offside….they didn’t deserve 3-0. We played well second half
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Proud of the players and can’t have said that too many time the last few years. Gave everything and didn’t deserve those two late goals.
    Ref missed so much. 
    But on we go. 
    Chase those play offs now lads 

• Options
    You bet!