Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+post match p23): Man Utd vs Charlton | Tues 10 Jan 2023 (League Cup Quarter Final)

Comments

• Options
    Good effort from the lads, they gave their all. Two late goals from an England striker (when all we had to offer from the bench was Stockley & Payne) will make the score line look like it was a one sided game in tomorrow’s papers, but we didn’t disgrace ourselves. I hope the players & manager went over to thank the travelling fans, the tv coverage ended before I could see if they did.

Hopefully we made a good amount 💰 - as long as it doesn’t go straight into sandgaard’s wallet!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    "Got the job done comfortably" and "relaxed professional performance by United, completely in control" the first 2 comments by these pundits and so I'm turning that shit off.
    To be fair, from their perspective, there weren’t any serious scares. We kept them honest which we can be very proud of because they are light years ahead of us in all sorts of ways, but we didn’t ever look truly like we’d be able to hurt them. I don’t think that necessarily takes anything away from performance to say that, I think we did absolutely as well as could be reasonably expected. Anything more would’ve been fairytale stuff which you can hope for but never  expect. 
    you could say that, alternatively on 89 minutes at 1-0 - if we get a dangerous set-piece, one piece of magic and score. That's all it would have took so not really that comfortable or relaxed was it until the second went in which was in injury time. So yeah, they had a comfortable and relaxed last 3 minutes I guess??
  • Options
    The supporters were magnificent everyone a winner, incredible support.
  • Options
    Shows any prospective owner what this club is about and where it’s potential lies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Numbers said:
    The whole of our end after the final whistle singing Charlton till i die, spine tingling
    Wonder how many will be at The Valley on Saturday.

Well played Charlton now show the fight in Division One. Board Owner or owners give the club the backing it deserves.
    Forest Green on the 14th Feb will go to general sale immediately.
  • Options
    Some good stuff in the first and last few paragraphs here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64149053
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    McAteer gone straight to the top of people I'd like to punch list
    Agreed him the referee and Taylor Blackett commentator are my current top 3 followed by sadiq 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    meldrew66 said:
    Dobbo loves this club, doesn’t he!? Am I reading too much into the long goodbye/applause he gave us at the end?
    Yes
  • Options
    We’ll done all those there tonight
  • Options
    At the game.
    Proud of all the lads, they gave everything out there.
    Two of United's biggest names made the difference in the end, but there is no disgrace in that.
    Support was immense.
  • Options
    On the coach starting a loooong schlepp back.
    Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. The ref gave us nothing yet we didn’t get a yellow card, they got a few.
    Credit to Holden for getting them going in the second half.
    Their fans started leaving as early as 75 mins. Eh?
    For those who watched the stream did we come across as loud, sustained and loyal as it sounded in the ground?
    I suppose that gaff is called the theatre of dreams because their fans seemed asleep.
    Nobody outside us will give us much credit but we were represented us well on and off the pitch.
  • Options
    3-0 flattered them. 

What an atmosphere. Well done to the players, can't fault any of them.

Same with the travelling fans...well done all.

Genuinely proud. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    On the coach starting a loooong schlepp back.
    Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. The ref gave us nothing yet we didn’t get a yellow card, they got a few.
    Credit to Holden for getting them going in the second half.
    Their fans started leaving as early as 75 mins. Eh?
    For those who watched the stream did we come across as loud, sustained and loyal as it sounded in the ground?
    I suppose that gaff is called the theatre of dreams because their fans seemed asleep.
    Nobody outside us will give us much credit but we were represented us well on and off the pitch.
    Sounded like we were the home team. Sounded amazing.