Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+post match p23): Man Utd vs Charlton | Tues 10 Jan 2023 (League Cup Quarter Final)

Comments

• Options
    Great performance. Shame the way it ended. Second half was really decent. Need to build on the last few weeks now and kick on.
  • Options
    We were decent first half and I thought very good second. Nothing to be ashamed about with that performance at all.

Hopefully a nice rest, and then reset for the Barnsley game this weekend. It’s down to Holden as a manager now, but if he can keep the standard and work rate up from the last few weeks, and we can string some wins together - we could start to move up that league one table. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    No heart in that performance. I know we’re League 1 but we haven’t turned up yet. I’m not sure what Holden can do. 
    If we hadn't "turned up" we would be 4-0 down by now.
    Nope. We were crap 1st half. Only United’s sloppy finishing kept it 1-0 at HT. Much better 2nd half when Holden made some changes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointing to concede two late goals. Whole team put a shift in.

Rashford in great form at present. Maguire looked very poor at times...

• Options
    Very proud of them all tonight. 

Even Fraser who I think cost us the second by stopping running on the ball to ask for a foul whilst he was technically still in possession. 

That was farcical, but he did so much well second half, it was just mad to lose your head there.
  • Options
    Would be great to see spirited performances like that 2nd half, week in week out.
  • Options
    He had to go and spoil it by bringing Rashford on.
    No disgrace getting beaten. Well done lads. 
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Even Fraser who I think cost us the second by stopping running on the ball to ask for a foul whilst he was technically still in possession. 

That was farcical, but he did so much well second half, it was just mad to lose your head there.
    He was pushed off balance and knew he couldn’t retain the ball. Very harsh to call him out for that. Thought Fraser was very good tonight 
    Play to the whistle. I don't care who you're playing in what tournament, you play to the whistle.

The rest of his second half was really good. Hence his rating still being an 8 from me! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame we fucked it up to make it it 3 nil instead of 1 nil. 

We did alright. Sessegnon shouldn't of come off.  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ben18 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

He was pushed off balance and knew he couldn’t retain the ball. Very harsh to call him out for that. Thought Fraser was very good tonight 
    Play to the whistle. I don't care who you're playing in what tournament, you play to the whistle.

The rest of his second half was really good. Hence his rating still being an 8 from me! 
    Even if he played to the whistle he'd still have lost the ball. 
  • Options
    Terrific performance from the boys and crowd - 

You never know this could give us some momentum going into the last quarter of the season. 

Great to be mixing it with the big boys again - it was actually a really "Charlton" performance - fight, grit, just lacking that bit of quality to unlock things 

• Options
    anyway to the real action... Barnsley then Peterborough. need to win both. 
  • Options
    Never been prouder. A brilliant performance tonight against 12 men. The score line does not reflect what happened on the pitch one bit.
  • Options
    Also - I like the way Holden managed the game. Change in formation seemed a crazy move but it worked.
    Hopefully a tired bunch of players can pick themselves up for London Road. Not quite OT. 
  • Options
    Ref gave us nothing. Great effort by the boys, left it all on the pitch. Our fans were outstanding!! 
    The foul on Morgan that was not a foul, and AMB handling it outside the area spring to mind for us.

I don’t think he was that good, but also not terrible, for either side to be honest. 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Had to finish us off with first team players. Couldn’t do it with the youth. Says something about how well we done. 
    Hardly the youth, probably started with seven internationals Inc Anthony whose left big toe cost more than our entire squad.