Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne - now at Southend (p29)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    It's an assumption to say that Bonne is cheap. He's just come off of Championship wages, I doubt he's now a low League One earner.
    Yeah this is a good point, though I imagine wherever he ends up he’s going to have to take a wage hit.

Either way, for me, whether our budget is big or small, I’d rather allocate a bigger percentage of it towards a first team winger, central midfielder, centre back, left back, and right back than 3rd/4th choice striker. 
  • Chunes said:
    It's an assumption to say that Bonne is cheap. He's just come off of Championship wages, I doubt he's now a low League One earner.
    All the more reason not to keep him then.
  • If he doesn’t sign here on a longer contract, I’d put money on him signing again for l1 new boys Leyton Orient 
  • edited April 2023
    If he doesn’t sign here on a longer contract, I’d put money on him signing again for l1 new boys Leyton Orient 
    I thought that a while back, if he ends ip staying here, it probably means a takeover isn’t going to happen, and we have a very low budget.

I’ve always been keen to give Macca a chance to improve, as I thought it would take a few games under his belt to get his fitness and touch up.

I know a lot on here, have written him off completely, he’s definitely a player with a point to prove, I hope he ends the season on 7 goals.
  • He’s pony , he’s had his flash in the pan Nicky Ajose one off season 
    Awful player , if we’re serious about promotion as stated above you don’t start with signing the 3rd 4th choice striker

• Can I just clarify something?  Has anyone actually seen him attempt to use a banjo to hit a cow on the arse?  If you haven't please stop using this lazy analogy.  He may be perfectly competent to assault cows with stringed instruments and it is not reasonable to assume this is not the case, just because he can't hit a ball into a smallish area on a football pitch.
  • Definitely wouldn't keep him , think he'll end up back at Orient if they get promoted. Even if we're talking a 3rd choice option and we keep Miles , I just don't think he's worth keeping. 
  • limeygent said:
    Can't imagine that "the jury is still out," he's useless. My grandmother could have scored his recent goals.
    As I say he scored 10 in 12 at the start of last season. He then went on one of his barren runs for whatever reason. Your grandmother might well have been able to score some of these but not all I suspect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgWMmX8rebw
    Some cracking goals there TBF. Especially liked the one where he controlled the long high ball beautifully, beat the defender for pace then smacked it into the roof of the net 
    I didn't know he had that in his locker!

Looking forward to seeing how he performs against his old team today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bonne liking Ipswich posts on Instagram about the result today, absolutely clueless
  • I’m not a fan, but he was our best player today. Actually made an effort, held the ball up and laid it off quite well. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Bonne liking Ipswich posts on Instagram about the result today, absolutely clueless
    I don’t rate him but this isn’t true. He likes their posts but hasn’t liked anything regarding today..
  • Addick_8 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Bonne liking Ipswich posts on Instagram about the result today, absolutely clueless
    I don’t rate him but this isn’t true. He likes their posts but hasn’t liked anything regarding today..
    it is true, he's unliked it now but it did happen 
  • When you unlike something, you've almost provided your own proof of guilt. Especially if a screenshot is captured of your original like!

Dozy and dim to say the least.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Addick_8 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    That shirt is awful, It makes me feel physically sick. NO I'M NOT BEING DRAMATIC.......Tom.
  • Copied from post match thread:

I've never had anything against him until now.
    Fancy liking a picture of fans celebrating you yourself losing 6-0! I'd be pissed off if a teammate in Sunday League did that. I hope Dobbo at least lays into him.

• Sponsored links:

• Macauley Bonne, Macauley GONE!!! 
  • Isn't he an Ipswich fan? It's not the biggest crime in the world but liking that sort of thing on social media is asking for trouble needlessly 
  • Social media is the root of all evil. Sadly people read to much into things then start twisting it, we are all guilty of doing this. 
  • Doesn't bother me at all, blokes as much use as a chocolate teapot. There's not a chance he plays anymore games for us so not worth it at all. If he is here for next season then I won't be renewing my season ticket.  
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Addick_8 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Apologies, I missed this.
    Hope he doesn’t play another minute. Give them to Kanu. 
  • Poorly judged especially after how he left previously. Main issue with Bonne is that he is shit at football.
  • Poorly judged especially after how he left previously. Main issue with Bonne is that he is shit at football.
    Plus imo shows a poor recruitment policy behind the scenes.  Backed up by bringing Aneke back, these signings went well.
    I wonder who we'll bring back next season for an easy payday.

• It wasn’t just the once, I hope that Holden using the no dickhead rule and fucks him off tomorrow. 
  • Gallen needs to go for bringing this shit footballer back to the club.  Genuinely awful recruitment.