Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne - now at Southend (p29)

Comments

• I really don’t mean to pick on the bloke but that ball fortuitously dropped to him seven yards out with only the GK to beat. My old mum would have scored that. Glad he tucked it away but 
    I get that but also credit for him standing 10 yards out, unmarked and in space for the ball to fall to him in the first place
  • AMB would've been charging off his line to close down the angle there. Their keeper was woeful.
  • Very good finish, to be fair to him! 

We don’t seem like crossing into him/leaburn too much, which may have hindered his success this time arround
    I could have scored that and I’m nearly sixty and very overweight. Good finish my arse.
    No, you couldn't. I don't know why people say stuff like this. It's a decent goal. He has a shot drilled into his feet that he isn't expecting to hit him, turns and then puts it past the keeper. It's what you'd want a striker to do in that situation, and it's what most of ours haven't done this season. I get that he's made you sad because he hasn't been very good but there's no need to demean one of our players when he actually does something good.
    True but he is a striker and hasn’t scored in how many matches or even looked like he can. Forgive those of us that would expect him to have scored that one yesterday. It’s what strikers are supposed to do. 
  • edited April 2023
    Very good finish, to be fair to him! 

We don’t seem like crossing into him/leaburn too much, which may have hindered his success this time arround
    I could have scored that and I’m nearly sixty and very overweight. Good finish my arse.
    No, you couldn't. I don't know why people say stuff like this. It's a decent goal. He has a shot drilled into his feet that he isn't expecting to hit him, turns and then puts it past the keeper. It's what you'd want a striker to do in that situation, and it's what most of ours haven't done this season. I get that he's made you sad because he hasn't been very good but there's no need to demean one of our players when he actually does something good.
    True but he is a striker and hasn’t scored in how many matches or even looked like he can. Forgive those of us that would expect him to have scored that one yesterday. It’s what strikers are supposed to do. 
    That's not what I'm saying though. I did expect him to score that, it's his job. But he did score it and it was a good finish. All this 'I could have scored that, my mum could have scored that' shit is just weird though. He did his job, that's a good thing. Whining that it wasn't difficult enough for him so you can still be grumpy at him might not be the best use of time.
    It's not weird at all, 'My mum could've scored that' must be heard in every ground around the country every week. And this is a football forum. Hardly a harmful comment and wish we wouldn't be so precious about our players.

The crowd were singing Macauley's name after the goal so I'm sure he's fine.
  • Chunes said:

That's not what I'm saying though. I did expect him to score that, it's his job. But he did score it and it was a good finish. All this 'I could have scored that, my mum could have scored that' shit is just weird though. He did his job, that's a good thing. Whining that it wasn't difficult enough for him so you can still be grumpy at him might not be the best use of time.
    It's not weird at all, 'My mum could've scored that' must be heard in every ground around the country every week. And this is a football forum. Hardly a harmful comment and wish we wouldn't be so precious about our players.

The fact people regularly say daft things isn't quite the defence you think it is. I don't think it's harmful, I just think it's stupid. I think it's weird to see your player score and then go online to complain that the chance wasn't difficult enough. Odd stuff. Crack on though.
  • edited April 2023
    Bonne was in the right place to score. So often we have had central striker who aren't in the right place to score (or miss)  

Pleased Macauley scored but being the cheer leader for Daniel Kanu I want to see him and Leaburn on the field at the same time as the baller Rak Sakyi before we say good bye to Rak, who has been involved in more goals and assists than any other player under 21 this season in the top 4 divisions.
  • edited April 2023
    Chunes said:

The fact people regularly say daft things isn't quite the defence you think it is. I don't think it's harmful, I just think it's stupid. I think it's weird to see your player score and then go online to complain that the chance wasn't difficult enough. Odd stuff. Crack on though.
    Not sure if you're deliberately misrepresenting posters or are just angry but Large didn't "go online to complain the chance wasn't difficult enough," he replied to someone who said it was a really good finish and he disagreed with that assessment. It's a football forum at the end of the day and if you think that kind of thing is out of order then that seems "odd stuff." I also didn't say what you've said above. Have a cup of tea and enjoy your Sunday roast!
  • Sponsored links:

• So it's Larges mum up front alongside Redknapps dog Rosie at Bristol on Friday. Glad that's sorted.
  • So it's Larges mum up front alongside Redknapps dog Rosie at Bristol on Friday. Glad that's sorted.
    It was SHG who said his Mum could have scored it not me. I said I could have scored it at 59 and very overweight. Happy to take Bonne’s place on the bench on Friday. 
  • edited April 2023
    Despite what Garrymanilow may think, I reckon we'd all be gutted if our 10 year old child/grandchild missed that chance.

NB I'm pleased for Bonne and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  • Even though I’m his harshest critic, I’m genuinely pleased for Bonne that he scored as it’s never nice being the butt of so much ire. Fair play to him. I hope it’s his last for us though as he clearly shouldn’t be here next year and he’s preventing young Kanu who might be here next year getting some experience. Giving Bonne game time to help him get a contract at a lower level next year is a waste of our time. 
    It was SHG who said his Mum could have scored it not me. I said I could have scored it at 59 and very overweight. Happy to take Bonne’s place on the bench on Friday. 
    Sadly my mum has a bit of a hamstring tweak so won’t be available on Saturday. To keep stirring the pot, Bonne’s goal was about as routine a goal for a striker as you can get. Nothing special, unmarked seven yards out. Glad he scored of course but if he’s retained in the summer we’re bolloxed.
    Charltonised without ever kicking a ball for us. Sad. 
    Sorry Large, we’ve got you pencilled in to play fullback, what with all the injuries we have. You’ll have to wait for your chance in your favoured position. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Not sure if you're deliberately misrepresenting posters or are just angry but Large didn't "go online to complain the chance wasn't difficult enough," he replied to someone who said it was a really good finish and he disagreed with that assessment. It's a football forum at the end of the day and if you think that kind of thing is out of order then that seems "odd stuff." I also didn't say what you've said above. Have a cup of tea and enjoy your Sunday roast!
    I'll be honest, I don't think I have the energy to try to explain this to you any further so instead I will wish you a beautiful rest of your Sunday. 6-0 eh! What a weekend.
  • If everyone’s Mums are so great at football I reckon a few more of our fans should nominate their Mums to do the crossbar challenge for them because most of these Mums’ sons can’t even kick a ball straight and off the ground. 
    Slightly worried about the possible answers to this query but has a woman taken the crossbar challenge? 
    I’m somewhat less than regular these days so may have missed one?
  • Sponsored links:

Sadly my mum has a bit of a hamstring tweak so won’t be available on Saturday. To keep stirring the pot, Bonne’s goal was about as routine a goal for a striker as you can get. Nothing special, unmarked seven yards out. Glad he scored of course but if he’s retained in the summer we’re bolloxed.
    Not related to Chuks is she?

• edited April 2023
    With regards to Macca's finish on Saturday, I have to say I thought it was top class. Definitely showed a predatory instinct to be in the right place at the right time and tuck away the chance - he'd definitely be worth another 2m fee from QPR. Please.
  • Fumbluff said:
    If everyone’s Mums are so great at football I reckon a few more of our fans should nominate their Mums to do the crossbar challenge for them because most of these Mums’ sons can’t even kick a ball straight and off the ground. 
    Slightly worried about the possible answers to this query but has a woman taken the crossbar challenge? 
    I’m somewhat less than regular these days so may have missed one?
    One did a year or two back and was a coat of paint away from hitting it too
  • Despite what Garrymanilow may think, I reckon we'd all be gutted if our 10 year old child/grandchild missed that chance.

NB I'm pleased for Bonne and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    100%
    My 11 year old grandson scored his 25th goal of the season on Sunday, if he ever missed a chance like Bonne had he would be grounded 
  • He was awful when he re-joined and I was never a fan.  But since he has got fitter and some of the rust has dropped away he has been slowly improving.  Still not a fan but he does put in a shift, if largely unproductive generally.  Think some of it is down to us not playing in a style/formation that suits him.
  • He still looked over to the linesman to check he wasn't offside. He should know that he isn't. Please don'tlet him sore 3 or 4 now and get given a contract. We must get better than him.
    To be fair, after some of the dreadful officiating we’ve had this season he was probably checking he hadn’t been flagged offside, as opposed to actually being offside.
  • Chunes said:

Your mum gets around! 
  • Think we should/can do better than him, but would prefer us to bring in ‘an other’ and replace Chuks with Bonne- who after a good preseason could do alright