Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne - now at Southend (p29)

Comments

• I reckon Bonne's contract will be renewed in the Summer. 
    I expect us to need to find a full set of strikers, with Leaburn probably off, Chucks doing what Chucks does and the black box not being able to come up with 3 or 4 names not being desperate to sell their souls to SE7.
  • TEL said:
    Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I think our problems are far more widespread than the player who is being trashed here.

Since Sandgaard introduced hard shot Martin into our recruitment system it's been one poor player after another or if I'm being kinder, players bought in to play systems they just are not suited to. The player in question here is just the same. Not suited to one up top. Nobody can cross a ball.... CBT in particular.... maybe the left and right backs, Kane and Penney were seen as the answer, but one was crocked on his debut and the other seems to have disappeared leaving us with who? 
    People are saying they have none or little affinity with any of our players.... is it any wonder when we have a bloke running recruitment that previously worked in a medical aid facility?

Nothing here will change until the Sandgaard family is no longer in a position of power at Charlton. People think as I did, that Duchatelet was a poor owner, Sandgaard is infinitely worse as he meddles via his boy in recruitment let alone any of his other self created disasters behind the scenes.
    Exactly This, sandgaard was hailed as the savior, but in reality the club has been slowly gutted as nepotism and meglomania is proven to be the recipe for failure.  All my worst fears about the Danish rock star have sadly been realized, while all my hopes for a fresh start and a decent, competitive team have been dashed
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Poor lad has gone 44 games without any service
    Games where Bonne has played more than 30 mins in those 44 games:
    5/7 for CAFC
    0/8 for QPR
    9/19 for Ipswich

So he's only been a bit part player for 30/44 games. Or two thirds of those games. Seems a bit unfair to judge him on what he's done anywhere but here this season.

So far it's 7MP, 0G, 0A so far and I bet he's even more pissed about it than you are. This was seen as his chance to redeem himself and it isn't working out so far. 
    Solskjær made a career of coming on as sub, scored plenty of goals though. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    5/7 for CAFC
    0/8 for QPR
    9/19 for Ipswich

So he's only been a bit part player for 30/44 games. Or two thirds of those games. Seems a bit unfair to judge him on what he's done anywhere but here this season.

So far it's 7MP, 0G, 0A so far and I bet he's even more pissed about it than you are. This was seen as his chance to redeem himself and it isn't working out so far. 
    Here is a secret. 

We're not Man Utd and Bonne isn't Solskjaer. 

We don't have Beckham whipping in crosses for any of our forwards.
  • What are his stats since he came back in terms of minutes played, attempts on goal, etc?

I remember him hitting the post and us scoring the rebound in his first game back, but has he even had a shot since?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    5/7 for CAFC
    0/8 for QPR
    9/19 for Ipswich

Here is a secret. 

According to stats posted on here last week we have the third most threatening winger in league one (CBT) and fifth most threatening winger in league one (JRS) so we should be seeing a better return 
  • Off_it said:
    What are his stats since he came back in terms of minutes played, attempts on goal, etc?

I remember him hitting the post and us scoring the rebound in his first game back, but has he even had a shot since?
    Too many minutes, not enough goals. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    5/7 for CAFC
    0/8 for QPR
    9/19 for Ipswich

Here is a secret. 

According to stats posted on here last week we have the third most threatening winger in league one (CBT) and fifth most threatening winger in league one (JRS) so we should be seeing a better return 
    The problem with the two of them though is they typically create chances for themselves through being fast and direct rather than creating that many chances for others. JRS is at his best taking the ball round players and shaping to cut in and shoot, and CBT is best running in straight lines and outpacing his man. Neither of them are good crossers or have the set up to bring a striker into the game. It's a shame that Kirk didn't offer more because he was supposed to be the support winger to create chances for others
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    5/7 for CAFC
    0/8 for QPR
    9/19 for Ipswich

Here is a secret. 

The problem with the two of them though is they typically create chances for themselves through being fast and direct rather than creating that many chances for others. JRS is at his best taking the ball round players and shaping to cut in and shoot, and CBT is best running in straight lines and outpacing his man. Neither of them are good crossers or have the set up to bring a striker into the game. It's a shame that Kirk didn't offer more because he was supposed to be the support winger to create chances for others
    Spot on. 

If we want chances created for others, Kirk, Fraser and Payne have our best return rate for assists. 

Here's our assists for this season:

• Sponsored links:

• LOL Stockley and Morgan same Goals and Assists!
  • Just for the record I laughed when I saw the stats and said who compiled them, Stevie Wonder. But I was informed they were official and both players are better than I am suggesting 
  • Just for the record I laughed when I saw the stats and said who compiled them, Stevie Wonder. But I was informed they were official and both players are better than I am suggesting 
    JRS must have become the top scoring winger in the league by being non-threatening I suppose
  • I retract my previous comment regarding Bonne. Bonne is pony!!! 
  • Please no more excuses for this absolute joke of a so called football player. 2 pathetic shots with one going off for a throwing. Doesn't know the offside rule. First touch is woeful than has the cheek to moan at other players.
  • edited February 2023
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

Bonne has scored 1 goal in his last 40 games. 
    1 goal in his last 42 games 
    1 goal in his last 43 games
  • Nicholas said:
    Please no more excuses for this absolute joke of a so called football player. 2 pathetic shots with one going off for a throwing. Doesn't know the offside rule. First touch is woeful than has the cheek to moan at other players.

Won a couple of headers in the first half though.

🙃
  • Wasn't a Stockley fan but Bonne is just atrocious.  Regularly offside.  Slow.  Can't trap a ball.  First touch is hopeless.  Gets the odd header that normally goes to the opposition.  If fact he is so bad I sometimes wonder if he is doing it on purpose as a dig at the fans that abused him on twitter.  My guess is zero goals this season (I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see him scoring).
  • edited February 2023
    mendonca said:
    We've downgraded from Stockley. 
    I don't think we have. The new one is shorter, yet actually seems to win more headers... That is all

• Sponsored links:

• It's getting embarrassing to watch now.
  • Him and Penney slogging out in the battle to prove who is the worst footballer at Charlton .
    Two proper heavyweights from the Ipswich reserve side
    Penney so far is worse, but tries. 

Bonne doesn't even sprint.
  • CafcWest said:
    Wasn't a Stockley fan but Bonne is just atrocious.  Regularly offside.  Slow.  Can't trap a ball.  First touch is hopeless.  Gets the odd header that normally goes to the opposition.  If fact he is so bad I sometimes wonder if he is doing it on purpose as a dig at the fans that abused him on twitter.  My guess is zero goals this season (I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see him scoring).
    It’s his career that is falling off a Cliff, so to wonder that he’s doing it on purpose would be idiotic if you was Bonne. 

Not good enough from what he has served up since he came back to the club in January. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    5/7 for CAFC
    0/8 for QPR
    9/19 for Ipswich

A striker coming on against tiring defenders is still supposed to score. He's had 30 tries of that, plus 14 starts and scored 1 goal. 

Do you still rate this bloke Daz?
    I don't particularly rate him no, I do like to treat players fairly. Don't get me wrong he's running out of time. 
    Ignore this. After half an hour last night it was offside or flick on and nothing else of use. 
  • If Bonne is here until the end of the season, I'd like to point out that winter officially ended yesterday
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

Bonne has scored 1 goal in his last 40 games. 
    1 goal in his last 42 games 
    1 goal in his last 43 games
    Bound to get a penalty soon and he will grab that if he's not been subbed.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    5/7 for CAFC
    0/8 for QPR
    9/19 for Ipswich

Here is a secret. 

Agree with this but suspect they also think they have a better chance of scoring than passing towards Bonne.