Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne - now at Southend (p29)

Comments

• He literally doesn't do what he is paid to do. 

• I don't want to slag the guy off too much as he clearly is capable of scoring goals based on his record but currently looks a million miles off it
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

Bonne has scored 1 goal in his last 40 games. 
    1 goal in his last 42 games 
    1 goal in his last 43 games
    Sigh... 44 games
  • He’s non league standard, stealing a living in the pro game. Awful player. 
  • It's like he's given up trying. Got lazy off of the good service he had from our Championship season and his start to last season.
  • His lack of goals have already relegated us once before, don’t be shocked if this absolute donkey single-handedly sends us down again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Please no more Bonne.. he is a terrible player.. not only that the attitude is awful!!

• Talal said:
    His lack of goals have already relegated us once before, don’t be shocked if this absolute donkey single-handedly sends us down again.
    Now come on. He's dreadful but if there's a striker to blame for us getting relegated it isn't Bonne. 
    100% 
  • He’s been poor but no coincidence that none of our strikers look like scoring at the moment. Change in formation needed asap. Try 4-4-2 even a diamond with miles and bonne see what happens then.
  • Can't believe I was disappointed we didn't give him a 18 month contract rather than 6 months. He just doesn't look like scoring 
  • Has he had a shot on target yet?
  • Louis Mendez found another nice way of putting it: "Macauley Bonne hasn’t scored in 420 days."
  • I thought the price we got for him from QPR was great business. I didn't think he was great then but now..............
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob said:
    He’s non league standard, stealing a living in the pro game. Awful player. 
    The perplexing thing is, he was a much better player when we plucked him from non league, than he is now after a few seasons playing and training with Championship and League One clubs.

He always had his flaws, but there was at least something there to work with during that season in the Championship. He might as well not be in the pitch now. 
    I thought we bought him from Orient? 🧐
  • These are the performances from someone who only has a contract to the end of the season. Dread to think how bad he'd be on an Aneke contract. 
  • Solidgone said:
    Rob said:
    He’s non league standard, stealing a living in the pro game. Awful player. 
    The perplexing thing is, he was a much better player when we plucked him from non league, than he is now after a few seasons playing and training with Championship and League One clubs.

He always had his flaws, but there was at least something there to work with during that season in the Championship. He might as well not be in the pitch now. 
    I thought we bought him from Orient? 🧐
    Who were in the National League in 2018/19, which was his last season with them before we signed him. 
  • When he returned I’m pretty sure he said he had a point to prove. He’s made it.
  • Will he score before the seasons over, I think it’s fair to say he’s not had a great start, reminds me of Josh Parker, & Hemed, could be end up being another zero achievement, where’s Gary Goals when you need him?
  • Spongefoot, I’d forgotten about him, wondering if Bonne could earn the monicker of Banjo Bonne.
  • Feel sorry for him, he tries his best but he is simply nowhere near good enough. We signed him because he was free, ability came second to that. Reckon he will drift into non league football next season. 
  • Will he score before the seasons over, I think it’s fair to say he’s not had a great start, reminds me of Josh Parker, & Hemed, could be end up being another zero achievement, where’s Gary Goals when you need him?
     Both Parker and Hemed got assists didn't they?
  • edited March 2023
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I can't accept Josh Parker slander after how well he played in the play-off final, link-up play was crucial and more than played his part in the most important game of our season
    Yeah, Hemed is a fair comparison. But Parker, despite not scoring, contributed a lot more than Bonne has managed this time around. To be fair though, Parker was signed to support and be a foil for Taylor, not to carry the front line on his own. Had he been expected to do the job being asked of Bonne I doubt held have done better.

In fact, you might say Bonne hasn't been the same since he lost Taylor as a partner.