Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Barnsley | Saturday 14th January 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Going by myself today, how do I go about going in a different stand if I want? 

Have you got a ticket?
  • Options
    What stand are your seats in?
  • Options
    The good news, we are camping. However, phone reception needs to disappear for Charlton to win. Still, 5 and a bit hours, a flood or bushfire is never far away.
    COYR
  • Options
    I will be tuning in from southern Sri Lanka subject to power cuts. 

Bonne pen for us.
  • Options
    Think we'll win 3-2 with Bonne scoring 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    This very much has ‘big game going under the radar’ feel to it 
  • Options
    Hoping that Bonne apologises before the game to all the fans offended by his 'outrageous' comments on social media - still a lot of people very upset.

He also needs to apologise for not being a better footballer.

The apologies should enable everyone to move on.
    Does not need to .. the comments were aimed at QPR not Charlton as Richard Crawley confirmed 
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I will be tuning in from southern Sri Lanka subject to power cuts. 

Bonne pen for us.
    You get around!

Gutted I can't go today. Wife working so stuck home with the kids.

3-3 thriller. We go 3-1 up pay the price for tired legs. 

Bonne scores and his thread goes wild with ITYS's. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There has been fire in a train at London Bridge don’t know what platform or if it will
    affect trains coming down the Charlton line ??
    but might be worth checking if that’s your route 

• Options
    Chunes said:
    What stand are your seats in?
    West stand, but hoping to go north upper. Will blag it in 
  • Options
    There has been fire in a train at London Bridge don’t know what platform or if it will
    affect trains coming down the Charlton line ??
    but might be worth checking if that’s your route 

Latest - London Bridge to Charlton

• Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Kane, Inniss, Ness, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Payne, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Campbell

Subs: Harness, O’Connell, Clare, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor, Bonne, Stockley

• Options
    Not sure on Payne and Campbell being selected over Morgan and CBT 🤔
  • Options
    We have forwards on the bench! Playing JRS and Campbell can be very unpredictable. 
  • Options
    Kane , Campbell and Payne in for Clare CBT and Morgan COYRS!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Kane, Inniss, Ness, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Payne, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Campbell

Subs: Harness, O’Connell, Clare, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor, Bonne, Stockley

1 too many changes for me. Nice to have two adult center fowards on the bench though.
  • Options
    No Kirk in the squad... Didnt the Lifers with the long number for a Username suggest that he was on his way to a Yorkshire team after the weekend?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Likely a fitness issue I'd assume otherwise Payne and Campbell are strange selections. 
  • Options
    I suspect it's due to the latter two needing rest after a hectic week. 

Campbell starting ahead of Kirk and DJ, neither of whom are on the bench, indicates to me that both might be moving on this window. 
  • Options
    CBT looked knackered against United but I'm surprised Morgan is left out. Fraser probably can't get forward as much with Payne in there. 
  • Options
    A but harsh on Clare but he was run ragged Tuesday evening. Good to see shave attacking options on the bench.....we might just need them !
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of Campbell starting tbh, doesn’t look ready at all for the step up whenever he’s played
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Campbell starting ahead of Kirk and DJ, neither of whom are on the bench, indicates to me that both might be moving on this window. 
    Good point. I haven't been that impressed by Payne since he joined, hope he has a good game.
  • Options
    No Kirk in the squad... Didnt the Lifers with the long number for a Username suggest that he was on his way to a Yorkshire team after the weekend?
    Feels that way. Will definitely need to bring in another winger if we are going to continue to play 4-3-3.

We can’t rely on Campbell, and CBT seems incapable of stringing 3 games starting together.
  • Options
    Stockley can’t be close to a move then. Good to see Campbell in the XI. 
  • Options
    From what I've seen so far this season Campbell doesn't look ready yet for the first team. DJ and Kirk must be off?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Hopefully.