Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match thread; Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley | Saturday 14th January 2023-KO 3-00 PM

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Stig said:
    PWR

Why was AMB wearing a face mask?
    It's injury through plague, just like in Doctor Who. If you listed carefully you could hear him calling to Clare, 'are you my mummy'?
    Wrong type of mask for that @Stig ;)
    The nanogenes must have got confused then ;) 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    What a great little run that we have built and long may it continue. I don’t think many will fancy playing us at the moment.
    I’m so easily led and a litttle bullish of us but another win could see us eyeing up the seventh place spot
    We are not going down this year
  • Options
    Ness had a superb game. AMB just has an air of confidence and is a big unit.  Kane showed glimpses of quality. Fraser was excellent.  Campbell excellent.
    Enjoyable afternoon and we didn't even chuck them a goal late on to leave us all clinging on.
  • Options
    JonT_Abs said:
    mendonca said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Campbell's left foot should be insured for several million. It's a very rare artifact at this club. 
    What on earth does this even mean? Beer talk lol?!
    Sorry, clearly too cryptic

It was good to see a left footed player, playing on the left, using the flank, and providing good crosses because there has been very little of it this season due to available personnel. 

Steer clear of The Sun crossword it will blow your mind. 
    Pretty certain Campbell is right-footed. It’s great that he can go both sides. 
    Lookman was the last player we had who could properly do that
  • Options
    Aaron Henry won't even be twenty until next August.
    Indeed his birthday is the 31st which would've made him the youngest kid in his year when at school.
    I think he is a very good prospect, and it is not appropriate to judge him definitely just now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry's contract expires at the end of the season and he's refusing to sign a new one, so we probably won't see his potential come to fruition
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Henry's contract expires at the end of the season and he's refusing to sign a new one, so we probably won't see his potential come to fruition
    Oh!
    That is bad news as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We started with a teenage front line consisting of 3! 

The combined age of our front 3 at KO was 57 !
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Chunes said:

We can quote you on that can we ?
    You know him and his family ?
    His agent ?
    Source ?
  • Options
    Fantastic interview with Holden. Liked what he said about giving Campbell a chance on a hunch because of the way he performed in training yesterday. 

Really warming to the guy 
    Where is the interview please ?
  • Options
    Official site.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Chunes said:
    His agent ?
    Source ?
    Oddly aggro response. Sources on here, from two of the more reliable ITKers. The lad wants to play. Garner said he wanted him to sign three months ago. But that was three months ago. Hopefully something changes and he does but the clock is fast ticking.

Say what you like about TS but he's done a good job at getting our youngsters to sign long-term contracts. Henry's isn't running down by coincidence.
  • Options
    Holden didn’t know it was Campbell’s first senior goal till Charlotte Richardson told him!
  • Options
    Was running a bit late getting to the game today, touch & go if I would be in my seat in time for KO, then some twat decided to have an accident by Falconwood, which mean I missed the first 20 mins and still not seen Campbells goal. I thought we looked very tired today, so to come away with a victory against a very decent opponent is very pleasing. 

Nice to finally see us grinding out results when needed. To have any chance of success in this division, you need to know how to win ugly when needed, and we did exactly that today
  • Options
    Chunes said:

His agent ?
    Source ?
    Ben Garner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

His agent ?
    Source ?
    Ben Garner.

Cheers.
    Maybe it will change if Aaron Henry can get more game time under Holden.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    mendonca said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    Campbell's left foot should be insured for several million. It's a very rare artifact at this club. 
    What on earth does this even mean? Beer talk lol?!
    Sorry, clearly too cryptic

It was good to see a left footed player, playing on the left, using the flank, and providing good crosses because there has been very little of it this season due to available personnel. 

Steer clear of The Sun crossword it will blow your mind. 
    Pretty certain Campbell is right-footed. It’s great that he can go both sides. 
    Lookman was the last player we had who could properly do that
    Tbf, CBT has put in a couple of great crosses with his left foot recently. 
  • Options
    10 points every 5 games is what is needed for promotion from this league so let's hope we can sustain this form and there may be a slim hope of sneaking into 6th. Going to be some tough tests coming up so could be an exciting second half of the season. 
  • Options
    Personally think Stockley has been the anchor pulling us down the past 2 seasons. Never fitted a 4-3-3 which forced us into unfavorable formations for our players.

An agile and quick front 3, a little bit of confidence and momentum, and we are a decent outfit.
  • Options
    I thought we were pretty awful and very lucky to win. 

Only big difference was a bit of fight and desire which I can't remember seeing much of  this season. 

Please please can we sign a proven left footed left back. 

Enjoyed it though. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Can we get an update on the status of HMS Piss the league please?
    It's been in dry dock for a minor refit but has now been relaunched.
  • Options
    Less positive than most seem to be. Thought we were so open and amazed we didn’t concede. Not a great performance, obviously result great but we’re still way below the levels needed to be a promotion contender (next season), IMO. 

That said, the division is awful and if we had just invested a very modest amount on one or two proper players we’d probably be in the play off mixer now despite how utterly atrocious we’ve been this season. So it doesn’t take much.