Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SHEFF WED TICKETS PLACED ON PRIORITY SALE

Comments

• Options
    TEL said:
    Wednesday sold out last week, I know of at least four are in the Charlton end.
    Wouldn't be the first time they got in the home end.....cup game back in the mid 70's.
    Yes they went in before 2pm. 
    That's right no real segregation back then, remember them swarming across the East terrace. To my knowledge they are the only mob outside of London to have taken The Covered End.

Forest on a Friday night.
    77 wasn't it? they turned a car over in Floyd Road
  • Options
    Rest easy people, 'my lot' are averaging 65 years of age.
  • Options
    71/72 season was very naughty 
    Wednesday in the Covered End very early
    Charlton singing
    oh tweedle dee
    oh tweedle dum
    we are the Charlton
    and we never run

fighting all through first half and a load of Charlton arrived at HT
    Carried on after the game 
    Was a 2-2 draw I think but don’t remember much about the match

• Options
    Without wishing to dampened the reminiscing about Charlton Agro amongst the 60+ Lifers !
    Isn't it an opportunity missed by the club to sell more Away tickets to the Massives?....Sheffield Wednesday were always going to sell out and have done 10 days before the fixture. Surely club could have offered additional Away seats from the start, in the upper West Stand (like the recent Ipswich cup game) or in the East Stand... isn't this a opportunity missed for additional revenue for the club ? It would also be great for the atmosphere  to have a larger away support? 
    ...back to the B Mob defending the covered end in late 60's & 70s........ ! 
  • Options
    It worked well to have more away fans on the West stand for the Brighton game
    Not sure it would be so ‘peaceful’ with the Massives!
  • Options
    My first recollection of B Mob was around about 1980.
  • Options
    Without wishing to dampened the reminiscing about Charlton Agro amongst the 60+ Lifers !
    Isn't it an opportunity missed by the club to sell more Away tickets to the Massives?....Sheffield Wednesday were always going to sell out and have done 10 days before the fixture. Surely club could have offered additional Away seats from the start, in the upper West Stand (like the recent Ipswich cup game) or in the East Stand... isn't this a opportunity missed for additional revenue for the club ? It would also be great for the atmosphere  to have a larger away support? 

And as a sign of goodwill a one goal  start as well.
  • Options
    We can but dream 
    3k of away fans sold out 10 days before an away trip nearly 200 miles away 

One of only 2 clubs in a city with a population of over 700k, and they're going for promotion.

Not exactly a shock they're well supported.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you gave Sheff W additional seats anywhere in the home ends you would have all sorts of trouble, as they have some very unfriendly fans.
    How many times have you been to Hillsborough?
  • Options
    Tickets seem to be selling well in the Covered end. Just got mine but nowhere near usual spot.
  • Options
    No, even it it does give us more money, I personally don’t like having thousands of away fans in home areas, 3000+ in the away end is enough. 
  • Options
    Time we played them before had 4 in the home end started giving it of course when the stewards were removing them from the ground. Fuck em 
  • Options
    Charlton singing
    oh tweedle dee
    oh tweedle dum
    we are the Charlton
    and we never run

Charlton singing
    oh tweedle dee
    oh tweedle dum
    we are the Charlton
    and we never run

Yes it’s the only time I ever got hit at a Charlton game - this Weds fan caught me a glancing blow and as he continued his momentum past me a Charlton fan grabbed him and whacked him on one of the metal barriers we used to have. 
    It was bedlam all game long but eventually the Weds fans got kicked out or left 
  • Options
    I’ve been twice to Sheffield Wed never had any probs at Hillsborough or at Sheffield Utd - like the city son was at Sheffield Uni so stayed a lot - I would like to see the club accommodate larger away support in West or East stand - would rather see sections full than home sections only partially occupied - it worked well for Brighton match surely with good segregation, policing and stewarding it’s additional revenue for club and allows away fans opportunity to enjoy seeing their team & creates a better atmosphere. 
    The dark days of 70’s aggro are surely in the past ? I don’t look fondly back to hooligans of 70’s & 80’s - I know it’s not totally dead but largely only arises rarely these days  
  • Options
    For reasons of accuracy, the match was an fa cup third round one, which we won 2-1. Wednesday had the whole of the Covered End throughout the entirety of the match, in spite of Charlton trying to gain access via the East Terrace.

There was also a brief skirmish as a few fans entered via the exit near B block. There have been claims these were Millwall.

Rumoured in a hooligan book written by someone of this parish, that we run Wednesday after the game down Bugsby Way. I never saw that and tbh seems doubtful given the numbers they had that day.
  • Options
    For reasons of accuracy, the match was an fa cup third round one, which we won 2-1. Wednesday had the whole of the Covered End throughout the entirety of the match, in spite of Charlton trying to gain access via the East Terrace.

There was also a brief skirmish as a few fans entered via the exit near B block. There have been claims these were Millwall.

Rumoured in a hooligan book written by someone of this parish, that we run Wednesday after the game down Bugsby Way. I never saw that and tbh seems doubtful given the numbers they had that day.
    1976....3rd round, Pompey in the 4th round and Wolves in the 5th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023

Correct. I remember arriving at 2.15 to take up my usual Covered End standing spot & the CE was crammed full of yellow & green scarved norveners.

And you're quite right they didn't go anywhere, they were all there, all game. 

Re current situation there's been fighting/agitating outside Hillsborough in recent visits (which we don't see elsewhere apart from Millwall & Palace).

The costs of keeping the norvern hordes away from friendly Charlton fans in east or west is simply not practical and why would we want a plan to get our fans/scarfers attacked in any case?

Also their better behaved S/T fans will possibly have tickets already & it may be the London away day fans that would be in the home stands. 

I'm pretty confident they would kick off if they were losing. 

Clubs like Bournemouth & Brighton are exceptions, where we should be ok. 
  • Options
    This is going to be a lively afternoon.
  • Options
    Based on what?
  • Options
    Based on what?

Todays result.
  • Options
    Based on what?

Todays result.
    Can’t see how today’s results will affect next week as it was always going to be a tough game but we will see 
  • Options
    Based on what?

Todays result.
    Can’t see how today’s results will affect next week as it was always going to be a tough game but we will see 

I don't mean on the pitch.
  • Options
    I’ve been twice to Sheffield Wed never had any probs at Hillsborough or at Sheffield Utd - like the city son was at Sheffield Uni so stayed a lot - I would like to see the club accommodate larger away support in West or East stand - would rather see sections full than home sections only partially occupied - it worked well for Brighton match surely with good segregation, policing and stewarding it’s additional revenue for club and allows away fans opportunity to enjoy seeing their team & creates a better atmosphere. 
    The dark days of 70’s aggro are surely in the past ? I don’t look fondly back to hooligans of 70’s & 80’s - I know it’s not totally dead but largely only arises rarely these days  
    So if we have 12/13000 in attendance you would like to see any spare seats given to away fans if demand is there?
    how depressing 
  • Options
    I'd take a point next week, always a tricky place is the Valley.

• Options
    We need Wednesday to go up they’ll be stronger next season and more of a threat than plymouth

need them out of league one so no one can threaten our stroll to winning the league next season