Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SHEFF WED TICKETS PLACED ON PRIORITY SALE

Comments

• Options
    This is going to be a lively afternoon.
    Based on what?

Todays result.
    Can’t see how today’s results will affect next week as it was always going to be a tough game but we will see 

I don't mean on the pitch.
    Sorry mate you are losing me, why has it got a bit tasty between the fans because we lost and Wednesday won. Those results were a given long before today.
  • Options
    This is going to be a lively afternoon.
    Based on what?

Todays result.
    Can’t see how today’s results will affect next week as it was always going to be a tough game but we will see 

I don't mean on the pitch.
    Sorry mate you are losing me, why has it got a bit tasty between the fans because we lost and Wednesday won. Those results were a given long before today.

Our loss will mean nothing to them but they had a big win, and i bet a lot more will travel now without tickets on the hope they can get in.
  • Options
    I'd take a point next week, always a tricky place is the Valley.

You'll take three.
  • Options
    I have a group of mates who always come to a February home match - it’s to celebrate the life of our Sunday League team goalkeeper, who died far too young - they have selected the Sheff Wednesday match this year - normally about 15 people - they always buy tickets on the day of the match - decent blokes, not trouble makers at all

What does this mean for them ???
  • Options
    bolloxbolder said:
    For reasons of accuracy, the match was an fa cup third round one, which we won 2-1. Wednesday had the whole of the Covered End throughout the entirety of the match, in spite of Charlton trying to gain access via the East Terrace.

There was also a brief skirmish as a few fans entered via the exit near B block. There have been claims these were Millwall.

Rumoured in a hooligan book written by someone of this parish, that we run Wednesday after the game down Bugsby Way. I never saw that and tbh seems doubtful given the numbers they had that day.

Didn’t the 'Tango' fella walk through the covered end on his own in one of the matches before it was rebuilt?
  • Options
    bolloxbolder said:
    For reasons of accuracy, the match was an fa cup third round one, which we won 2-1. Wednesday had the whole of the Covered End throughout the entirety of the match, in spite of Charlton trying to gain access via the East Terrace.

There was also a brief skirmish as a few fans entered via the exit near B block. There have been claims these were Millwall.

Rumoured in a hooligan book written by someone of this parish, that we run Wednesday after the game down Bugsby Way. I never saw that and tbh seems doubtful given the numbers they had that day.

Didn’t the 'Tango' fella walk through the covered end on his own in one of the matches before it was rebuilt?
    Yes Tangoman walked through waving to everyone. 
  • Options
    I have a group of mates who always come to a February home match - it’s to celebrate the life of our Sunday League team goalkeeper, who died far too young - they have selected the Sheff Wednesday match this year - normally about 15 people - they always buy tickets on the day of the match - decent blokes, not trouble makers at all

It means someone on our ticketing data base will have to purchase the tickets. 
  • Options

You'll take three.
    Will we ? I'll hold you to that !! 😆 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You'll take three.
    hows life Operationpig? Haven't seen you for awhile. guess you must be confident about going up this year. should the bus schedule be worried? 
  • Options
    edited February 2023

You'll take three.
    "F*** off United, the city is ours".

Say hello to Steff for me next time in the NBT.

PS, the London Owls are in London Bridge pre-match if you fancy buying me a drink.
  • Options

You'll take three.
    "F*** off United, the city is ours".

Say hello to Steff for me next time in the NBT.

PS, the London Owls are in London Bridge pre-match if you fancy buying me a drink.
    If I get down I'll buy you all a drink!!! 😆 
  • Options

You'll take three.
    hows life Operationpig? Haven't seen you for awhile. guess you must be confident about going up this year. should the bus schedule be worried? 
    It's fine pal, I do look out for you guys, think you've had a rotten few years ( like us in a way ) but you've had some horrendous owners ! 
    Give us the 3 points Saturday as you really don't need them 😉

• Options
    bolloxbolder said:

I can remember that can't recall the exact year though.
  • Options
    I think this will be a cracking match, lots of goals conceded......
  • Options
    bolloxbolder said:

I can remember that can't recall the exact year though.
    When they were a Premier league team and I believe we beat them through a Mortimer pen and a Grant goal. FA Cup 3rd round. 
  • Options
    Hopefully tickets are selling well for this game, I'm hoping for 16,500+ to collect on a bet, although I'm not confident.
  • Options
    Hopefully tickets are selling well for this game, I'm hoping for 16,500+ to collect on a bet, although I'm not confident.
    You'll win this easily.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bit of a nothing game for us but a win would upset a load of massive's so id enjoy that plus I've always preferred the blades to that lot 
  • Options
    You'll win this easily.
    You think we'll have over 16,500 there on Saturday?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    You'll win this easily.
    You think we'll have over 16,500 there on Saturday?
    As an advertised gate yes, bums on seats no.
  • Options
    bit of a nothing game for us but a win would upset a load of massive's so id enjoy that plus I've always preferred the blades to that lot 
    The BBC were horrible people.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
  • Options
    Can anyone help with the purchase of a ticket via website,im taking my godson tomoz (poor kid…😬,),mind his been to about 6 games & we have won all of them…he is 10,I’m trying to get him a ticket but it won’t allow me to buy his ticket as it says i need to purchase an adult ticket also…but obviously i thought as an adult season ticket holder it kind of gives the game away,yet still won’t allow me to buy that single ticket and at the moment that only seat next to me is free…any clue if a way round it or do I have to wait for ticket office tom & hope that seat is still spare…thanks 
  • Options
    Did you get that sorted @NorthheathAddick?

No idea myself except for "safeguarding" reasons you'd want you're godson seated with you and I would use that as an argument with the ticket office. (Not that I predict an argument).

I've only seen victories myself too this season (6 out of 6 I think), but not going today...
  • Options

I'd call that a result.  
  • Options
    Acab said:
    TEL said:
    Wednesday sold out last week, I know of at least four are in the Charlton end.
    Wouldn't be the first time they got in the home end.....cup game back in the mid 70's.
    Yes they went in before 2pm. 
    That's right no real segregation back then, remember them swarming across the East terrace. To my knowledge they are the only mob outside of London to have taken The Covered End.

Leicester 1969. We lost 0-5 Firmani sacked after game. Also a large number of Sheff Utd 67 but can’t remember if they took the end.
    Have to say don't remember Leicester being in the Covered End, do remember Mike Kenning at left back. Eddie Firmani 50 years ahead of his time  :D