Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away clubs you’ve been to most

Off to Derby on Saturday and reckon it’s my 6th time to either the Baseball Ground or Pride Park to see Charlton. I reckon that’s the most I’ve seen us elsewhere, definitely outside London.

What ones are yours? 

Comments

• Options
    Portsmouth. 7 times.First one was in 1999 and haven’t missed an away game there since then (excluding behind door season)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Luton
    Peterborough 
    Manchester United 
    Watford
    Oxford 
    Cambridge United

• Options
    Forest by a country mile. Worked and lived up there for 10 years and my company sponsored them so done much corporate entertainment etc. at the City Ground.
  • Options
    Palace.
  • Options
    Lincoln 2, Millwall 2, MK Dons 2. Nothing else twice I think. Feel like Lincoln is the only one with a chance of making it to 3. I need to take more pictures of that museum 
  • Options
    Pompey
    Man Utd 
    Middlesbrough (pulled some lads from Redcar in Tenerife in the early 90s 😳 ) 

prolly 6-7 times excluding the London stuff 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Lincoln 2, Millwall 2, MK Dons 2. Nothing else twice I think. Feel like Lincoln is the only one with a chance of making it to 3. I need to take more pictures of that museum 
    Which museum is that Leuth?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Which museum is that Leuth?
    The Museum of Lincolnshire Life! One of the best museums I've ever been to. I will never not rave about it. Rest of Lincoln's pretty good too 
  • Options
    Luton, Fleetwood, QPR and Wycombe all 4 times.

The large number of Fleetwood and Wycombe games reflects our status over the last few years...
  • Options

The large number of Fleetwood and Wycombe games reflects our status over the last few years...
    Fleetwood FOUR TIMES?! That's not going to be beaten for most insane/impressive thing in this thread 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably Portsmouth, then Millwall or QPR followed by Reading/Southampton/Brighton/Chelsea/Spurs/Oxford - can't think of anywhere else I've been to 3+ times
  • Options
    Brighton many times over various grounds, Millwall old and new Den on numerous occasions.  
  • Options
    Probably QPR or Millwall.  
  • Options
    Millwall (Old and New) the most of the London clubs - outside of London mostly no more than one or two visits to any ground but probably Shrewsbury the most.
  • Options
    Had a quick count up and think it's Everton & Blackburn at 7 times each.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Wembley  ;) (granted it's a ground/stadium and not a club).
  • Options
    Huddersfield !
  • Options
    Probably Brentford and Arsenal (Highbury) for me
  • Options
    Oldham something like 14-15 times, we always seemed to be playing them in the 70s and 80s
  • Options
    Got to be Pompey for me

First went there 90/91 Peakie rocket and only think I’ve missed 2 since then

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Palace.
    I don't think that we can count 'home' matches at Selhurst or Upton Park.

For me, it must be teams that we played away a lot between 86-01 as I virtually never go away now.

I suppose about five must be the record, probably either Carrow Road, Filbert Street, Fratton Park, Vicarage Road. I think that there must be over twenty grounds that I've visited 3 or 4 times in fact.
    I can remember at least 4 (1 by plane!) at St James's Park as they were such memorable games: 1-1, 1-3, 3-4 and finally the 'It's Kenny's Kingdom' FA Cup match during which time I was at Uni in Carlisle - see how I'm real Charlton - I chose to live in the town of our best chances of promotion , lol.
  • Options
    At a guess and not including London games, I'd say Ipswich, Norwich and maybe Gillingham and Watford.
  • Options
    Carrow Road, Portsmouth and Shithurst Park
  • Options
    Luton
    Orient 
    Palace 
    Portsmouth 
    Millwall 
    QPR 
    Gillingham 
  • Options
    At a guess and not including London games, I'd say Ipswich, Norwich and maybe Gillingham and Watford.
    Yeah, Ipswich must also be four, maybe five times for me too. I've even been again since whilst living in France.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Fleetwood FOUR TIMES?! That's not going to be beaten for most insane/impressive thing in this thread 
    I enjoy the Fleetwood away experience, combining it with a weekend in Blackpool. Indeed This season's was the first Charlton game there (excluding lockdown) I've missed, as it clashed with Kent playing the 50 over final in Nottingham!
  • Options
    Wembley  ;) (granted it's a ground/stadium and not a club).
    Thought your cup final was against us.
  • Options
    Welling 
  • Options
    Palace and Millwall most, but Oxford possibly after that where I once had the honour of picking the man of the match.
  • Options
    Portsmouth, Norwich, Wolves, Leeds