Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away clubs you’ve been to most

124»

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    15 - QPR (4 wins)
    15 - Fulham - 13 @ Craven Cottage, 2 @ Loftus Rd (2 wins)
    11 - Crystal Palace (1 win)
    11 - Derby - 8 @ Baseball Ground (3 wins)
    11 - Swindon (7 wins)
    11 - Watford (2 wins)
    10 - Millwall - 5 @ The Old Den (1 win)
    10 - Tottenham (2 wins) 

Bloody hell. That's an Alex record. You better stop going.
  • Options
    Back in the nineties my Reading supporting mate used to sit with me in the away end at Reading and I used to sit with him in the away end at Charlton. Did it about 6 times so my most visited away end is at the Valley. I never tamed down my celebrations if we scored.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Simonsen said:
    15 - QPR (4 wins)
    15 - Fulham - 13 @ Craven Cottage, 2 @ Loftus Rd (2 wins)
    11 - Crystal Palace (1 win)
    11 - Derby - 8 @ Baseball Ground (3 wins)
    11 - Swindon (7 wins)
    11 - Watford (2 wins)
    10 - Millwall - 5 @ The Old Den (1 win)
    10 - Tottenham (2 wins) 

Jesus. So if we include Watford as being in London you've seen 72 'derby' games and we won 12.
    Yep. The lack of success at Millwall & Crystal Palace has put a dent in things! 

But my overall away record is more successful; P409 W114 D91 L204; For 447 Against 625 Diff -178

75% of the away games were in the 80s & 90s. 
  • Options
    Newcastle four times, and bizarrely, three were wins. A 2-0 when Gritt scored the second, a 3-1 on a Tuesday night whe we travelled there as bottom club in the league, and that fantastic 4-3 win when we went 3-0 down after half an hour (I also caught a 2-1 win at Ayresome Park in the same era)
  • Options
    Newcastle four times, and bizarrely, three were wins. A 2-0 when Gritt scored the second, a 3-1 on a Tuesday night whe we travelled there as bottom club in the league, and that fantastic 4-3 win when we went 3-0 down after half an hour (I also caught a 2-1 win at Ayresome Park in the same era)
    The Ayresome win was the last minute penalty from Tommy Caton, after Alex Dyer fell over. 
  • Options
    Fulham, I should think.
  • Options
    Almost certainly Leeds, I actually go there about 4 times a week.  But I am sure I have seen us there 5 or 6 times.  

I think most of the teams that were in the prem at the same time as us 3 or 4 times.  Although it felt like I went to Filbert Street a lot.
  • Options
    Great question, I have no idea.
  • Options
    Palates & West Ham when we were tenants  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham, Swindon, Palarse
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Norwich. I live in Norwich and haven't missed a game we have played here since 1988. Also recall going one boxing day with my dad in the season we went up to the first division. Pretty sure we lost 2-1 after going ahead.
    It was 3 1. I sat next to Lee Allchorn (RIP) on the coach, everyone was sharing Christmas food (Turkey sarnies, mince pies, biscuits etc. I ate most of his brandy snaps.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Norwich. I live in Norwich and haven't missed a game we have played here since 1988. Also recall going one boxing day with my dad in the season we went up to the first division. Pretty sure we lost 2-1 after going ahead.
    It was 3 1. I sat next to Lee Allchorn (RIP) on the coach, everyone was sharing Christmas food (Turkey sarnies, mince pies, biscuits etc. I ate most of his brandy snaps.
    That was the day Mark Reid ran into the ref and knocked him flying, think it was all about a Norwich goal which didn’t cross the line. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    KettsJohn said:
    That was the day Mark Reid ran into the ref and knocked him flying, think it was all about a Norwich goal which didn’t cross the line. 
    Ref David Axcell and the shot was from Wayne Biggins. I was sat level with the "collision" and my view was that Mark Reid was lucky not to get a massive ban. 
  • Options
    Palace and West Ham for obvious reasons. 
    Gillingham, Brighton, Portsmouth, QPR, Fulham, Orient, Colchester off the top of my head. 
  • Options
    Barnsley - 4 times. Never seen us win. Yes, I’ll stop 
  • Options
    Bloody hell, with the exception of the groundshares, Portsmouth and Barnsley are a scarily high number.  Fulham and Ipswich too. Welling for a traditional pre season friendly or two and testimonial games. Been to Man City be it Maine Road or Etihad a few times as well 
  • Options
    Bloody hell, with the exception of the groundshares, Portsmouth and Barnsley are a scarily high number.  Fulham and Ipswich too. Welling for a traditional pre season friendly or two and testimonial games. Been to Man City be it Maine Road or Etihad a few times as well 
    I can get to Barnsley in about 40 mins so a bit misleading from me on that one
  • Options
    Peterborough and Fulham both 3 times 
  • Options
    Probably Newcastle - I lived up there for two years and went to a lot of their games. But I've only been to two games there vs Charlton.

Otherwise, versus Charlton - Ipswich eight matches. (Plus one game when my Dad was ref).

In total I have watched Charlton play 197 competitive away games at 97 different clubs (plus Brescia) at 114 different grounds (plus Wembley). 

Yes, sadly, I have a spreadsheet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillingham easily the most 
    The Shithole in Bermondsey doesn't count as its London, nor does Selhurst, QPR 
    I've been to Vicarage Road a lot and Luton a few times 
    Portsmouth is a ground I've been to a lot 
    Weirdly Sixfields I've done a few times and Wycombe 
    Forest I've been to about 4 times
    Stokes old ground and the new one a couple of times each 

• Options
    Off the top of my head the following all more than once:

Forest
    Man Utd
    Newcastle
    Southend
    Gillingham
    Southampton

West Ham and Palace don't really count as ground sharing at the time.
  • Options
    Pompey

Double digits...not many losses!
  • Options
    Huddersfield 11 times Bolton will be more.
  • Options
    I can get to Barnsley in about 40 mins so a bit misleading from me on that one
    You have my sympathy.
  • Options
    Barnsley - 4 times. Never seen us win. Yes, I’ll stop 
    For me it’s Oxford - 4 times . Never lost .😀
  • Options
    Brighton or gills 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I went through my ticket stubs in the summer last year. I was surprised to see I’ve been to Blackburn 7 times. 

Interestingly (for me anyway) been Sheffield Wednesday 6 times and Sheffield United only 2. 

• Options
    Southend
    Portsmouth
    Aston Villa