Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• Options
    No love lost for Millwall. But respect to Millwall Fan. This is not the time to gloat. It's about time we looked at ourselves as a club. What a fucking shambles we are. Just back from Fulham v Leicester (friends support them). Light years away from where we are
  • Options
    Am I the only one who finds this thread somewhat embarrassing? 

I think it’s great … it’s what local rivalry is all about.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Glad they didn’t make it but commiserations to @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan as they seem like nice fellas 
    cheers mate. Not going to lie, a bit gutted to throw it away after being 3-1 up and cruising. Second half we was shit. Didn’t really deserve to make top 6 going on the last couple of months. Can’t be bothered to read through the 100’s of posts on here but don’t blame you all for having a good laugh. We’ve had our fair share over the last couple of years. And as I’ve said on here before, what’s football without rivalries and banter. 
    This why we should want other teams fans on here. No shitty personal insults, just give and take. What it’s all about.
    I'll not include SE25 with this.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Glad they didn’t make it but commiserations to @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan as they seem like nice fellas 
    cheers mate. Not going to lie, a bit gutted to throw it away after being 3-1 up and cruising. Second half we was shit. Didn’t really deserve to make top 6 going on the last couple of months. Can’t be bothered to read through the 100’s of posts on here but don’t blame you all for having a good laugh. We’ve had our fair share over the last couple of years. And as I’ve said on here before, what’s football without rivalries and banter. 
    Classy post
  • Options
    Who cares? Drink it in

https://youtu.be/rhJt2rEze0s
    Got to be the most un-Millwall fan,Millwall fan I’ve ever seen. Bizarre but funny. 
    Finchley, Stone Island, "bloody hell" instead of "you C*nt". Only 1/3rd proper 'Wall.
  • Options
    While they ultimately have "failed", coming 8th in the Championship is probably about par from where Millwall should be finishing with their resources, if not higher.

BUT it's a massive opportunity missed because that's the weakest playoff group in years. Clubs with the biggest parachute payments, or backing have really flopped this season, allowing Luton, Coventry and newly promoted Sunderland in. Norwich, Watford and Stoke have had shocking seasons, West Brom couldn't recover from the Steve Bruce handicap they started with, while Swansea just left it too late to start their winning run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who cares? Drink it in

Matey black flat cap and jacket 10.10 onwards after its 3-3 
    pointing , shhhhh , slit throat gesture , counting up to 3 (showing off to his friends) offering rovers fans out , tongue doing a bit of gurning/mouth sweeping if any substance left about …..vintage scum 
  • Options
    Just stuck £10 on Millwall to win, so it might just work.
    It worked!
    See, that's how you bet on football. Financial compensation to soften the annoyance of their success, or the joy of their failure compensating for the financial loss.

Actually, I take that back, THIS is how you bet on football:
    I still can't believe it , i came out of gambling retirement ( shitty betdaq acccount i never blocked myself from , for the match and mates betfair for the rest) to ensure their failure backing them for promotion , top 6 , laying blackburn to win and then when it was 3-3 laying the draw saved me a small fortune , all money well spent to see the empty stands as they did a lap at the end and their sad faces and even seeing a mate with his stupid wanky flat cap at 3-3 on the screen .
    @oohaahmortimer I thank you for your sacrifice, and hope your next chocolate binge miraculously has none of the usual side effects.
  • Options
    While they ultimately have "failed", coming 8th in the Championship is probably about par from where Millwall should be finishing with their resources, if not higher.

BUT it's a massive opportunity missed because that's the weakest playoff group in years. Clubs with the biggest parachute payments, or backing have really flopped this season, allowing Luton, Coventry and newly promoted Sunderland in. Norwich, Watford and Stoke have had shocking seasons, West Brom couldn't recover from the Steve Bruce handicap they started with, while Swansea just left it too late to start their winning run.
    No way is that par for them  .
    they’re properly punching 
    id say lower half of table is still a good season for them 
    can’t see them sniffing play offs next year but they’ve had a brilliant few years for them .
  • Options

Also when you look at 3 of the 4 sides in the championship playoffs and where they were a few seasons ago, it shows that if we ever get ourselves sorted at board level and have a plan, the potential for us is there.
    Huge if.
  • Options
    Who cares? Drink it in

such a tough pill to swallow.
    said the guy holding camera.

He has so much to learn about football . Best you get use to it.
    Didnt have a clue or any understanding of The Lions.
  • Options

can’t see them sniffing play offs next year but they’ve had a brilliant few years for them .
    Wouldn’t disagree with that. I think our budget is usually the 15th or 16th biggest in the league so for us to finish just outside the playoffs in the last few years is an overachievement 
    It's overachievement financially, but you've consistently been threatening the playoffs since you came up so there is a level of expectation now, especially as a very steady club.

Indeed it's your 3rd 8th place in 6 seasons.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Wouldn’t disagree with that. I think our budget is usually the 15th or 16th biggest in the league so for us to finish just outside the playoffs in the last few years is an overachievement 
    if we were doing that every season in the Championship i'd be a happy fan tbh - decent games/officials and crowds. mid table with the occasionally outside chance
  • Options
    Is he really a millwall fan?! Aside from being nothing like any millwall fan I’ve ever met, and from Finchley, he refers to them as millwall the whole way through and never once as us or we! Really weird   
    I'm sure he's a blogger who goes to any interesting games. Not really a spanner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!