Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Alex Neil leaves Sunderland for Stoke, Sunderland make the playoffs, Stoke finish 16th

Blackburn sacked Mowbray who gets Sunderland into the playoffs.
    Pretty sure he retired, rather than sacked - happy to be corrected 
    You are correct he left at the end of his contract, apologies.
  • Options
    While they ultimately have "failed", coming 8th in the Championship is probably about par from where Millwall should be finishing with their resources, if not higher.

BUT it's a massive opportunity missed because that's the weakest playoff group in years. Clubs with the biggest parachute payments, or backing have really flopped this season, allowing Luton, Coventry and newly promoted Sunderland in. Norwich, Watford and Stoke have had shocking seasons, West Brom couldn't recover from the Steve Bruce handicap they started with, while Swansea just left it too late to start their winning run.
    No way is that par for them  .
    they’re properly punching 
    id say lower half of table is still a good season for them 
    can’t see them sniffing play offs next year but they’ve had a brilliant few years for them .
    Wouldn’t disagree with that. I think our budget is usually the 15th or 16th biggest in the league so for us to finish just outside the playoffs in the last few years is an overachievement 
    Heard your loss for this season is £14m.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Massively overachieved this season on one of the smallest budgets in the league. 

They’re fans having a go at coppers and coaches after - let’s not pretend some of ours wouldn’t behave in the same way. Also those slagging off the players and rowett we was similar back when curbs overachieved with us its football fans fickle lot. 

That being said them lot fucking it up is always great to see the cockiness at 3-1 is the good bit.

work with a millwall fan who text me “ plenty of our fans deserve this but I don’t” he’s oddly mates with a load of Charlton. 

And aside from match day feels no malice towards us. ( I’m of a similar view - I reserve my hate towards the cnuts in Surrey ), have done a few England aways with millwall, euro 2016 was about 50 of us in Marseille when the Russians tried having a pop. 

Millwall's results last couple of games was relegation form so it’s no real surprise they lost - 11 points out of a possible 30. over the course of a season with the same average would be 50 points so would of been just about safe. 

on subject of the playoffs. 

expect it to be a Sunderland Coventry final - which lets be honest is great for 2 clubs that looked dead a buried a few seasons back. 

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Who said lightening never strikes twice! Blackburn beat us 4-3 at the Valley to prevent us going back to the old 1st Division at the first attempt in 1958 and now they’ve put a spanner in the works just up the road with the same score 😁. And yes I was there 😉.
    I remember it well very sad day for me. Part of growing up. 
    That little sod Brian Douglas did the damage. 
    Really enjoyed today but know how they feel. 
    I was there for this I think ,we went 1.0 up then 4-1 down and got back to 4-3,remember one of their players doing cartwheels in front of the old main stand.
  • Options
    They would be gloating twice as much as we are.
  • Options
    For me that has been the hi-light of the season. 
    Thanks for that TS. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Foxycafc said:
    This is the only thing keeping me going through my English Lit exam today 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Only 90 minutes though, so it’s fiiiiiine
    Don’t fuck it up in the second half 
    Best of luck!
  • Options
    This was remarkable. 3 up at home in 40 mins and lost. 
    Like all teams, the damage is done along the way - I think they had 14 games without scoring..

I wonder if someone will come in for Rowett, as he has done an excellent job there on limited resources. 
  • Options
    @MillwallFan seen a bit of “rowett out” sentiment on the socials since yesterday, is this just Twitter or are the level headed in agreement here?  Seems harsh to me I think you’ve got a good manager.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who finds this thread somewhat embarrassing? 
    Absolutely agree.
    I was worried at the prospect but at least it had a happy ending. 😅
  • Options
    Rowlett linked to Palace job.
  • Options
    Who's Rowlett? And who are Palace is more to the point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    He plays ‘effective’ football. Won’t be fancy enough for Palace 
  • Options
    That was a proper collapse. Both within 90minutes and over the last 10 games of the season.
    I wonder if they’ll swan dive next season from the fallout of missing the play offs? That was their shot.

• Options
    They’ll do well to finish top half next year 
    id be happy for Rowett to stay or go to palace , reasonable enough fit for scum but don’t think he’ll be good enough for prem and I can’t see him getting top half with scum again 

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    He plays ‘effective’ football. Won’t be fancy enough for Palace 
    Heard Roy Hodgson is pushing hardest for rowett so he’s nailed on for his 6 month relegation escape contract in 2024. 
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    This is the only thing keeping me going through my English Lit exam today 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Only 90 minutes though, so it’s fiiiiiine
    Good luck Foxy
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I don’t feel sorry for them at all. I detest them. That’s as big a part of being a Charlton fan as anything else. That aside I think they’ve done very well and are currently Punching well above their weight. They are well run and have a very good owner. Unfortunately for them I doubt this years over achieving will be a springboard for another crack next season. They’re a relatively small Championship club with a relatively small Championship budget. I doubt they’ll have any additional support from JB to push on. They are in the position where their achievements this season will attract attention from other Championship clubs. I’m sure they will lose a couple this summer and retaining Rowett might not be that easy.
  • Options
    Rowett is a top manager. Can't see a premiership club taking a punt on him though.

Can someone please change the thread title to LOL millwall bottle promotion?
    Hmmm!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!