Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Sheffield Wednesday | Saturday 25th February 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    the usual mantra is .. 'stop Bannan and stop Wednesday' .. not so sure it applies this time around .. should be a good game against the perennial underachievers but still MaSsIvE (sometimes)

CAFC 2 v Sheffield Wednesday 2
  • Options
    Struggling to muster any enthusiasm at all for our games at the moment. The Massives add a smidgen of interest but sadly I can’t see us stopping them. Comfortable win for the biggest club in the universe. When your think what a fixture this was a decade ago it just puts our current predicament in context. 
  • Options
    Traveling down in hope rather than expectation, as seems to be the case these days. 1-1.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    FFS, Holden used to be very clear and transparant about a player's situation from injury, but his latest on Leaburn just sounds the usual hazy/vague/opaque response we have now been used to for years.

I've just checked, his last start was 14th Jan V Barnsley - 6 weeks ago this weekend.
    Maybe they are putting him in cotton wool until the transfer window opens.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I'm going, but I couldn't be less enthused. I don't think we have a chance. 1-3 Wednesday.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    mendonca said:
    FFS, Holden used to be very clear and transparant about a player's situation from injury, but his latest on Leaburn just sounds the usual hazy/vague/opaque response we have now been used to for years.

I've just checked, his last start was 14th Jan V Barnsley - 6 weeks ago this weekend.
    I think Holden is as pissed off with the whole situation at the club as everybody else - the potential takeover bounce / new arrivals has fizzled out and we limp on with the circus - I’d be surprised if he is still here next year 
  • Options
    Not going to make this one on a flight to Glasgow in the morning for Sunday's league cup final
    But hopefully we make a game of it & get a result going for a 2-1 win to the mighty CAFC
    Come On You Reds  B)
  • Options
    The sad reality is that Wednesday have a better team than us, and a better squad. If we are to get anything out of tomorrow, it will be the classic " give 110%, smash and grab" type game, which is a depressing thought.
  • Options
    On the Owls talk Web sight. There was some mention of sickness in the squad.
    How many players going down sick does it take toget a game postponed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    Sickness in our camp too, according to Holden. 
  • Options
    Another no show from us, Saturday afternoon stroll 2 to 3-0 to them. Then have to put up with the pricks on the way back to London. And I hope Holdens post math appraisal is honest, not like last week. 
  • Options
    Really quite like Darren Moore. League one is full of arrogant managers and he isn't one of them and it would be good to see him have success this season. We are just rubbish and I am sure it will be a comfortable away win, 2-0 Wednesday.
  • Options
    This thing about them being great fans. Just bumped into a couple in Greenwich. Rude short and ugly.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Wheresmeticket? said:
    This thing about them being great fans. Just bumped into a couple in Greenwich. Rude short and ugly.

I really don't like Weds fans.

• Options
    Loved it when Holmes Dennis made Bannan look a prick. Hope someone sits on him tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Loved it when Holmes Dennis made Bannan look a prick. Hope someone sits on him tomorrow. 
    Shocked to find that was 2015
  • Options
    Are you still getting down The Valley?
    I've not seen you for some time. 
  • Options
    Lee Gregory to score anytime 9/4 is my opinion on it. 

Would love to shithouse a 1-0 win and send tango home crying 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi CE
    I, m afraid age has caught up with me and not mobile now. I still watch all the games and still get wound up though. A point would be good tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Scoham said:
    If he persists with 433 against Wed then we are in for a tough afternoon .. they will have worked out like others before them that overpowering us in mid and attacking the flanks is the way to beat us .. they will see that Raki and CBT do not defend. Big game for Holden. 

What team and formation would you go for?
    352 … 

AMB

Hector
    Inniss
    Ness 

Clare
    SS

Dobson
    Fraser 

Number 10
    role Aneke , Payne or Raki 

Bonne 
    Leaburn or Kanu 

all depends on fitness of course 

We haven't seen a 352 under Holden since that dreadful 3-1 loss away at Oxford just after Christmas. It was rightly canned after that - we looked much better with CBT and JRS on the pitch and able to supply the front men.

It would be brave to bring it back given that Rak-Sakyi and Blackett-Taylor are by far our most damaging outlets. But we do need additional defensive help and matching up Wednesday's formation might not be the worst idea in the world.

I'd have the same team as above but playing Fraser in the no.10 role with Dobson and Kilkenny sitting. Rak-Sakyi up front with Leaburn or Bonne if Miles isn't fit.
  • Options
    Hi CE
    I, m afraid age has caught up with me and not mobile now. I still watch all the games and still get wound up though. A point would be good tomorrow. 
    All the best to you. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Aren't Wednesday on some ridiculous unbeaten run ?  Just like Huddersfield in our promotion season under SCP when we put a stop to their unbeaten run. It's the Charlton way that we will win this one but lose against Accrington in our next home match.

2-0.....and they can stick their record up their arse. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    msomerton said:
    Sickness in our camp too, according to Holden. 
    A sickness across the entire club unfortunately. 
  • Options
    Wednesday @ evens buying money 
  • Options
    The sad reality is that Wednesday have a better team than us, and a better squad. If we are to get anything out of tomorrow, it will be the classic " give 110%, smash and grab" type game, which is a depressing thought.
    Our lot can barely muster a slap and tickle, let alone a smash and grab! 
  • Options
    I think this will be a draw.
  • Options
    I had a dream last night. It had nothing to do with today's game though.  My wife caught me with an old flame and was grilling me over it.

A will lose. 1-3