Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Sheffield Wednesday | Saturday 25th February 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    I had a dream last night. It had nothing to do with today's game though.  My wife caught me with an old flame and was grilling me over it.

A will lose. 1-3
    Thers's nothing like being grilled over an old flame. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I had a dream last night. It had nothing to do with today's game though.  My wife caught me with an old flame and was grilling me over it.

A will lose. 1-3
    Thers's nothing like being grilled over an old flame. 
    Is that a euphonium or something? 😉
  • Options
    This thing about them being great fans. Just bumped into a couple in Greenwich. Rude short and ugly.
    Been to Hillsborough several times ironically never seen Charlton lose there. But on every occasion  some of their fans are looking to have a pop
  • Options
    C'mn on.... if we can draw with Brighton , we can get a point with this bunch. They are only Championship level.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Assuming he'll be there, will Storrie be the big news story today? Who's he going to be seen with? "Keep 'em peeled!" as Shaw Taylor used to say. 

Edit - I hadn't realized that Sandgaard & Spiegel had entered "exclusive" talks, as reported in the Mail (FWIW)
  • Options
    We are in limbo until a takeover - manager who won’t be here next year, players that know it, mid table, not going up, not going down, we will roll over and lose 3-0 to them 
  • Options
    Miserable lot of barstewards..
    I fancy our lot will have had a verbal kick up the arse and will rise to the occasion.
    2-1 with a late winner in front of the Covered End.
  • Options
    COYR I only ever want them to win. We're all supporters. 
  • Options
    Cant see anything past a 0-3
  • Options
    I agree with most and cant re anything but a defeat but this is CAFC and who would be that surprised if we won ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-0, Macauley Bonne hat-trick
    Cory Gibbs combined with Macaulay Bonne
    really no hope what so ever, let alone a hat-trick.

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    The sad reality is that Wednesday have a better team than us, and a better squad. If we are to get anything out of tomorrow, it will be the classic " give 110%, smash and grab" type game, which is a depressing thought.
    Our lot can barely muster a slap and tickle, let alone a smash and grab! 
    Smash and Grab played up front for Bristol Rovers we had H power.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I agree with most and cant re anything but a defeat but this is CAFC and who would be that surprised if we won ?
    Me
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Holden says some players with niggles and there has been illness in the squad this week, does not know who will be fit
    Fingers crossed Bonne has a niggle and sickness 
    Bonne not the problem just like Aneke not the problem just like Stockley was not the problem one thing in common that all these suffered from no service … said many times if they were missing chance after chance then there an argument .. but there not in fact don’t think
    Bonne had one single chance even to miss but  has created for others ..

I know CBT and JRS create very little for our forwards however I am struggling to think of chances Bonne has created for others?
    The goal for Raki v Barnsley and the one on one for Raki last week at Derby 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    This thing about them being great fans. Just bumped into a couple in Greenwich. Rude short and ugly.
    Been to Hillsborough several times ironically never seen Charlton lose there. But on every occasion  some of their fans are looking to have a pop
    I'll probably get called a cockney wanker again 
  • Options
    Wednesday will always be the team that cheated the EFL .. they should have been relegated which may have saved us and who knows where we would be now … the fact they got proven guilty and still allowed to keep player like Bannon on his wages is still totally unfair all round 
  • Options
    Head says 0-2, heart says 0-2, 
    Just give it a go boys, 
    COYRS!!
  • Options
    Which Charlton Team will turn up?  Hope its the one that can dish out a 3-1 result.
  • Options
    Close by. The beers say 1-0, the head says 0-2.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Hate to be this negative poster but I’m going today purely for my eldest who’s desperate to go again, I really can’t be arsed, I don’t even know if I’ll celebrate too much if we score, these last few seasons are killing it for me.  Long for the days where these games were a big occasion again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope we win today.
    At the moment I am not in a good place, having lost my darling 16 year old grandson 2 weeks ago. We saw him most days and he always asked me on Sunday how we went as he knew my fanaticism for Charlton.Anyone wanting to call out to the players to do it for Patryk Swannell is most welcome to do so.it would cheer me up no end after the terrible 2 weeks

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Remarkable that the team who keep the ball out of the net the most, are top of the League

In other promising news, Sheffield Wednesday have the best defensive record in the league and have kept four successive clean sheets against #cafc.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) February 25, 2023
  • Options
    Remarkable that the team who keep the ball out of the net the most, are top of the League

In other promising news, Sheffield Wednesday have the best defensive record in the league and have kept four successive clean sheets against #cafc.

2nd top scorers too. 
  • Options

2nd top scorers too. 
    Exactly... We're both right ;)
  • Options
    Yeah no idea who's playing LB in that lineup
  • Options
    CBT at WB probably 
  • Options
    Where are all our left backs  ??
  • Options
    I thought most on here said CBT could not defend, so how can he play WB?