Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST meeting with Peter Storrie

124»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Given our experience Storrie has a very long way to go to convince me he isn’t just another person exploiting our distress for his personal gain.
    I hope to see credible delivery of sustainable Storrie substance soon.
    Perhaps an evening of interrogation at Bromley Addicks would be in order...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Given our experience Storrie has a very long way to go to convince me he isn’t just another person exploiting our distress for his personal gain.
    I will leave that to you. I wouldn’t want to attend anything to do with Bromley Addicks and they wouldn’t want me there either.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The takeover sounds on track to me. I expect the following over the next 5 weeks and will renew if so…

1. Takeover completes in April
    2. Lead investor Joseph Oughourlian announced (with Spiegel who will act as the front man for the consortium).
    3. Season tickets go on sale with usual early bird pricing until end of April.

Followed by:

4.  "Sensible" recruitment strategy announced in the summer
    5.  12 goal a season L2 striker signed to general excitement.  "He'll step up if he is given the service".
    6.  Leaburn and Kanu leave.
    7.  We'll get some loans in the January window "if we need to".
    8.  We beat Leyton Orient in the first game of the season leading to a cohort of CL members posting promotion odds.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I will leave that to you. I wouldn’t want to attend anything to do with Bromley Addicks and they wouldn’t want me there either.
    Seth, is there anything you do like aside from turnips?
    Quite a lot of things.
    I don’t see the need for that question.
    Nor the interjection that followed.
    I don’t like turnips at all, but swede mashed with black pepper is nice.
  • Options
    I've not been paying much attention in recent weeks, but reading this article leads me to conclude that we are in danger of yet another frying pan and fire scenario here.  Sangaard's flush is well and truly busted and we have yet another "experienced football man" running the show who has popped up out of the blue. Roland continues to insist on a value for the assets that is so ludicrously over what they are worth that one can only conclude that spite is his motive rather than any financial motive.  A situation which, if correct, is likely to  persist until he pops his duck-taped clogs and shuffles off to the great dancefloor in the sky.   We have Dean on a long term contract.  He is clearly a decent solid guy who has invested time and effort to "get" us and I wish him well but is he any good where it matters?  I have no more idea than the next guy or gal. We'll see when he gets "his own squad" although I'm not holding my breath what sort of  rag tag and bob tail band of travelling minstrels our recruitment team will put together for our delectation.  This is a team who recruited Bonne despite having actually seen him in action at first hand. Mind boggling. Deano has a bit of a job in front of him to upgrade/completely overhaul this squad in time for next season amid all the uncertainty that is likely to persist even under a new owner.  There will be many of the faithful who will not want to/not be able to part with money for a ST until the new squad is revealed and the price will have to be right this time to satisfy the waverers.    But apart from all that........................My whelm awaits a prod.  Sorry to be negative. I may get a pleasant surprise. 
  • Options
    I suspect Holden knows his budget for next year, irrespective of what is happening in terms of the ownership. The clue is him being in negotiations and agreeing a long term contract.
    But what if that budget is the one set by Spiegel and then if it goes tits up he’s back to TS cutting costs and slashing budgets. And if it’s one set by TS then it’ll either change if Spiegel takes over or he’s been lied to.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    This is obviously progressing and unlike the Methven deal looks unlikely to me to fall over. Storrie seems competent and I doubt he has reason to spin or bullshit. We can 100% be certain that Spiegel is heading this and unlikely to be alone. Judging by Storrie’s comments it looks to me likely that a conclusion is still a while off. I think we’ll have new owners by the seasons end. Assuming they are affluent and ambitious enough that’s decent timing for a good close season window. 

Only very recently he was in London pitching for investors and apparently failing. There isn't the resource needed behind this deal yet. It's another American with limited (football) funds and no knowledge of the game. Unless something changes this is Sandgaard 2.0 without the guitar.

As someone said above it's just words, why would we trust what Storrie says? 
    Should fall through then unless he finds investors then, won't get past the EFL tests if he can't fund the club for the minimum (2 seasons?).
    This test a bit strange IMO.

The EFL can't say how much you should spend, because that would be bonkers.  I would say a good guess would be that a serious, ambitious, owner would need to fund nearly 10 million quid a season whilst we are in league 1 and not a lot less in the championship, to start with.

Now if you wrote a business plan, to submit to the EFL that slashed academy spending and a whole host of other cost cutting measures (no matter how viable or aleffective they would be), maybe even factored in some net player sales.  How much funding would you need to prove to pass the test?
    I guess the EFL make their judgement on (say) the last three years accounts and have little interest in what you plan to do.
    But there is no obligation, as far as the EFL are concerned, to have a cat 2 academy with current levels of funding, a 27k seater stadium, a u21 team and all the other things say Morecambe haven't got.  Is there? 
    Absolutely correct. 

They want proof you can run the club for a minimum of two years, and that will be based on factual information based on the accounts. 

No way are they going to accept plans of what you may or may not do in the future. Even the EFL are not going to fall for that level of fantasy.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    This is obviously progressing and unlike the Methven deal looks unlikely to me to fall over. Storrie seems competent and I doubt he has reason to spin or bullshit. We can 100% be certain that Spiegel is heading this and unlikely to be alone. Judging by Storrie’s comments it looks to me likely that a conclusion is still a while off. I think we’ll have new owners by the seasons end. Assuming they are affluent and ambitious enough that’s decent timing for a good close season window. 

Only very recently he was in London pitching for investors and apparently failing. There isn't the resource needed behind this deal yet. It's another American with limited (football) funds and no knowledge of the game. Unless something changes this is Sandgaard 2.0 without the guitar.

As someone said above it's just words, why would we trust what Storrie says? 
    Should fall through then unless he finds investors then, won't get past the EFL tests if he can't fund the club for the minimum (2 seasons?).
    This test a bit strange IMO.

The EFL can't say how much you should spend, because that would be bonkers.  I would say a good guess would be that a serious, ambitious, owner would need to fund nearly 10 million quid a season whilst we are in league 1 and not a lot less in the championship, to start with.

Now if you wrote a business plan, to submit to the EFL that slashed academy spending and a whole host of other cost cutting measures (no matter how viable or aleffective they would be), maybe even factored in some net player sales.  How much funding would you need to prove to pass the test?
    I guess the EFL make their judgement on (say) the last three years accounts and have little interest in what you plan to do.
    But there is no obligation, as far as the EFL are concerned, to have a cat 2 academy with current levels of funding, a 27k seater stadium, a u21 team and all the other things say Morecambe haven't got.  Is there? 
    Absolutely correct. 

They want proof you can run the club for a minimum of two years, and that will be based on factual information based on the accounts. 

No way are they going to accept plans of what you may or may not do in the future. Even the EFL are not going to fall for that level of fantasy.
    But the point I am making is the EFL don't have to, or even shouldn't, be dictating budgets and things that are business decisions.

If you don't want to have an academy, open half your ground, have cheaper players, how much funding do you need to prove?

Why would you need to prove current/historic spending levels when you are going to slash costs?

I am not suggesting any of that is a good idea or even feasible.  The point is the EFL can't insist that Charlton have to lose x million a year and Morecambe don't. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Great work, CAST. Proud to be a member.

Can we put 'Sack Burgerboy' in the charter?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I don’t think JO is involved. 
    Blaaaady hope Jamie Oliver ain't involved n all, the dribbling c*** 🤞