Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Italy vs England - Euro 2024 Qualifier

Comments

• Options
    in fact. Ukraine will give those card waving cheats a totally different problem. and i can't wait to see it
  • Options
    I just don't get those bookings at all.

I'd like to see both Walker's and Shaw's first booking again. Weren't they having to go and get the ball themselves because the ball boys weren't getting it for England? It happened in the first ten minutes when Bellingham went behind the goal to collect the ball.
    Our players should have stayed on the pitch and waited. It's not their obligation to go off the pitch.
  • Options
    The thing about the bookings for Walker and Shaw for time wasting is that, ideally in my opinion, there should be more bookings for time wasting generally because it’s a fucking blight on the game. The trouble is, this referee is the only one in the world booking players for those particular offences because they were so minor. And of course, England get the one referee who would show a card in those situations while every ref we get where we want the opposition booked for time wasting, they let them get away with warning after warning.
    The ref made a proper tit of himself and he knew it once Shaw did the tackle giving him no choice but to highlight what a harsh card the first one was.
  • Options
    My god - Joe Cole must be the worst pundit in the history of punditry.
  • Options
    can't wait for rashford to get into the italian mugs 
  • Options
    The ref tried his hardest but Italy are so shit with 12 v 10 they still couldn’t win.
  • Options
    Harry Mcguire...again!!
    Thought he was awful...so slow in possession...always looked like a mistake waiting to happen ... reminded me at times of Mr Inniss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    I think we became under pressure because Bellingham, Rice and Philips who had bossed the midfield in the first half weren't so effective 2nd half as Rice was on a booking, Bellingham had a knock and wasn't as commanding and Phillips was short on minutes.
    Italy couldn't play as poor as they did 1st half and they didn't 

Superb result and Harry Kane was immense.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    I suspect that the way she was touching her ear her ear monitors weren't working and she couldn't hear the music, ironically, because they were in her ear and above the booing
  • Options
    No interview with Southgate for C4?
  • Options
    Italy are the European champs and hadn't lost for 14 matches in this competition.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    As usual Southgate doing his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Bloke honestly has no bottle
    AndyG said:
    As usual Southgate doing his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Bloke honestly has no bottle
    Taken many sudden death penalties yourself? 
    Nope but if had any brain or bravery he wouldn't revert everytime to trying to defend a lead when literally everyone knows defending isnt exactly our strong suit,  if he hadnt done that and just let the team.play to its strengths I would say the sudden death penalties wouldnt have happened. Oh and I suspect we would also have won atleast 1 WC and 1 Euros.

Bloke is a numb skull and just wont learn 

You know we just won right. Away from home against the other good team  in the group. 
    Yes ofcourse it is a great result I just dont get the Southgate love in. I appreciate I'm in the minority on here but I just think the last few years performances have been in spite of him and when the chips are down he costs us actually winning tournaments 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM

i know that was then...

but it could be again
  • Options
    Under his management.

Played 82.
    Won 50.
    Lost 14.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only disappointment for me was the sloppy passing at the beginning of the second half that handed them the momentum leading to their goal.
    We dominated the first half and the performance in the second half after the sending off was immense.
    To go there and get a win is a real achievement.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Did we score as he blew the whistle? 

Where did the ball end up ?
    I don't know but it was going that way and the keeper was miles out.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Nope but if had any brain or bravery he wouldn't revert everytime to trying to defend a lead when literally everyone knows defending isnt exactly our strong suit,  if he hadnt done that and just let the team.play to its strengths I would say the sudden death penalties wouldnt have happened. Oh and I suspect we would also have won atleast 1 WC and 1 Euros.

You know we just won right. Away from home against the other good team  in the group. 
    Yes ofcourse it is a great result I just dont get the Southgate love in. I appreciate I'm in the minority on here but I just think the last few years performances have been in spite of him and when the chips are down he costs us actually winning tournaments 
    We "lost" the Euros on a penalty shootout 
    We got knocked out of the last World Cup because unbelievably our record goal scorer chose that game to actually miss a penalty.
    Tonight we should have been 3-0 up at half time but some how a £100 million footballer missed the easiest chance you could wish for.

All Gareth's fault obviously.

Never forget the tournament before he got the job we lost to Iceland with Harry Kane taking corners.

You talk about the players available, in all honesty apart from the wide forwards and the full backs we don't really have many options.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    First team we've beaten in the FIFA top 10 rankings under Southgate?
    Didn't we best Spain etc in that first Nations League?  The one tome Southgate went really attacking for a week or so?
    Apart from the France game where he went 433, we had over 50% of the possession and lost because we missed a penalty?  Plus he made 3 or 4 attacking substitutions.

Or the world cup games we scored 6 in?

But that was the one week?

I am convinced a lot of people are so down on Southgate and most of them don't even know why.  Not winning the world cup is hardly a reason.

Because he is Palace and nothing good ever comes out of that club.

• Options
    Brownie12 said:
    My god - Joe Cole must be the worst pundit in the history of punditry.
    No way. He said after the game that Rice was the best player on the pitch (by a mile, or words to that effect) and I agree.

I was really looking forward to tonight's match. I really think we've got some class players in Bellingham and Rice. Rice is becoming my favourite England player ever and that's saying a lot after Gazza, Lineker, Beckham, Gerrard and others.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

I agree with you. I knew the second half would follow that pattern. Italy lack quality in front of goal but we did score two and should have got three and if a team like England do that, they will beat them. You have to see a pattern with the negativity which could cost us in tournaments. It isn't as if Southgate has poor players to pick from. We probably have as good as anybody in that respect.