Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Masters 2023 (Golf)

No thread, so i thought i would start one. One of the biggest events on the golfing calendar with a few of the best in the world coming in red hot form. Could this be the year Rory wins? He is certainly back to his best and will be a force..

Personally i can see it being between Rory, Scheffler and Speith, but it will never be that straight forward will it? I don't want to back Rory as i'll be happy if he wins regardless and feels slightly low still on the odds front.

My team (bets)
Scheffler win only
Speith
Cantlay
Koepka
Speith
Willett
Rose
Chris Kirk
Min Woo Lee
Mackenzie Hughes

EW on Paddy is paying 10 places so it feels a decent shout on a few, who are we all backing?

Regardless lets go Rory! 

Comments

• Options
    Rahm (Win)
    DJ and Louis (each-way)

Always back Louis!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rahm (Win)
    DJ and Louis (each-way)

Always back Louis!!
    snap Bob - always have a flutter on Louis (100/1 as well at the mo)

also done Cameron Smith
  • Options
    Schauffele for me this year.
  • Options
    Mcllroy 
    Finau
    Schauffele
    Rose
    Hoge 
  • Options
    Scheffler rightly fav but no juice in the price. Cameron Young and Viktor Hovland ew for me
  • Options
    When is this being held this year?
    Would like to watch it on TV
  • Options
    Anyone that beats Scheffler wins it. 
    He’s been on fire lately.
  • Options
    Starts this Thursday
  • Options
    Yeah, cant see past him tbh and will probably take the 7/1 on the nose
  • Options
    Starts this Thursday
    Cheers for that. In which case I am unable to watch any of it,which is a pity . Even the wife enjoys it with all the 
    around the greens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, cant see past him tbh and will probably take the 7/1 on the nose
    Though only a fiver max, SkyBet have him at 15/2 in their ‘hotshots’ market.
    Ever so slightly better odds, plus you get a free bet equal to the number of day1 birdies he makes. Worth a look.
  • Options
    I think one of the big three will win but the odds are stupidly low so I’ve done each way on the following:

Theegala
    Burns
    Hatton
    Young
    Meronk
    Bradley. 

• Options
    Morikawa, Cam Young and Finau. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Got to be McIlroy's year. I read that he has spoken to Tiger & Nicklaus and has decided to be a bit more strategic in his play. Look for him to be laying it up at 2 and more cautious at 11 & 17.

Augusta also brings out the unfancied player so it might not be one of the big 3 this week. Recent years we've had Danny Willett & Matsuyama win it. 
  • Options
    Convinced it’s Rory’s year. Been putting better and his game is in great nick. 7/1 looks skinny but gut tells me it’s his time.
  • Options
    It's going to be wet/soft so should suit the best drivers so Rory comes into his own.

Justin Rose ew first round leader (8 places with Paddy Power).  His stats as first round leader at The Masters are crazy good!
  • Options
    Think im leaning towards Spieth.
    Also looking for a decent priced outsider. The sports book are offering 12 places I think?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Each way bets - 10 places with Paddypower : best value IMHO:

Conners 40-1
    Koepka 40-1
    Hoge 80-1
    Rose 50-1
    Willett 125-1
    Schwartzel 175-1
    Mickleson 200-1 
    Na 300-1…….finished 14th, 12th and 13th in the last 3 years, 2,1 and 1 shot off 10th!

Scheffler to win : 7-1

• Options
    I've done Speith, Homa, Zalatoris, Conners, Rose & Kokrak leaving out the big 3. Weather looks bad and will obviously be a factor. Wouldn't be surprised if its a Monday finish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully the forecasted weather will suit the Europeans & Aussies more than the Americans
  • Options
    I haven't seen the weather forecast.....what are they saying ? 
  • Options
    Mcilroy with 150-1 Chris Kirk close behind
  • Options

Skorchio Scorchio GIF - Skorchio Scorchio Fast Show - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    Lots of rain... potential there that they won't get four rounds in before Sunday night.
  • Options
    After a day at the races yesterday it appears I put bets on Scheffler to win, Min Woo Lee and Morikaya each way.

Love the Masters. Fear it’s going to be a LIV / Non-Liv side show dominating the punditry 
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Hopefully the forecasted weather will suit the Europeans & Aussies more than the Americans
    Why?
  • Options
    Not sure you can look much past McIlroy or Sheffler on current form but have put some money on Sam Burns. Also feel that Tommy Fleetwood has the potential to have good Masters this year so have stuck an E/W bet on him as well.
  • Options
    Not sure you can look much past McIlroy or Sheffler on current form but have put some money on Sam Burns. Also feel that Tommy Fleetwood has the potential to have good Masters this year so have stuck an E/W bet on him as well.
    Fleetwood flatters to deceive. Can be having a cracker of a round & suddenly 3 putts from nowhere & he falls apart. He was in the running at Sawgrass & then couldn't buy a putt. 

Will be good to be shouting at "cheater" Mickelson again and laughing at Dechambaue taking 75 shots on a course he reckons should be a par 64. Oh how we've missed those LIV boys.....😄
  • Options
    Seamus Power hit back to back holes in one during the par 3 competition.