Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Masters 2023 (Golf)

Comments

• Options
    I've done McIlroy e/w on Skybet and Scheffler outright and 'hotshot' on Skybet. I've done a few others at e/w on Virgin bet that includes Rahm, Fleetwood, Hatton and Speith.
    Skybet paying to 12th place and Virgin to 8th place.
  • Options
    It's just like the grand national, you can get some great Each way or place bets and it always throws up a story. 

Oosthuizen
    Rose 
    Cantlay
    Rahm 

• Options
    lolwray said:
    It's just like the grand national, you can get some great Each way or place bets and it always throws up a story. 

Oosthuizen
    Rose 
    Cantlay
    Rahm 

Rose is no good over the fences, more suited to the flat
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Each way bets - 10 places with Paddypower : best value IMHO:

Conners 40-1  ....8th in 2021, 10th 2020
    Koepka 40-1 ....7th in 2020, 2nd 2019, 11th 2017
    Hoge 80-1
    Rose 50-1 ....... 7th in 2021, 12th 2018, 2nd 2017
    Willett 125-1 .....12th 2022, 1st 2016
    Schwartzel 175-1 .....10th 2022, 3rd 2017
    Mickleson 200-1 ... 2nd 2015, 3rd 2012, 1 2010
    Na 300-1…….finished 14th, 12th and 13th in the last 3 years, 2,1 and 1 shot off 10th!

Scheffler to win : 7-1

I stand by my 'best value each way' bets. I've added recent best finishes for context of their proven ability around Augusta National. All bets are 1/5th e/w bets, 10 places with Paddypower
  • Options
    I would like Fleetwood the come good for a change and have 4 good rounds instead of the usual 3. As I am working nights on Sat & Sun hugely disappointed BBC have for the first time in 40+ years elected to not show any of it due to budget cuts (I think some presenters wages should be cut instead) 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    All my bets below-:
    Virgin Bet
    Dustin Johnson 25/1, Tommy Fleetwood 50/1, Justin Rose 50/1, Jon Rahm 9/1, Jordon Speith 16/1,
    Tyrrell Hatton 50/1,  all e/w paying first 8 places.
    Rory Mcilroy 13/2 and Scottie Scheffler 13/2 both e/w

Sky Bet
    Scottie Scheffler Hotshot and outright winner 7/1 single
    Rory Mcilroy 7/1 first 8 places e/w
  • Options
    Hovland started like a train. -5 after 9.

Rham double bogeyed the 1st then birdied the 2nd. Then after a couple more  birdies eagled the 8th to be -3.

Woods +2.
    Lowery -3 
  • Options
    Hovland started like a train. -5 after 9.

Rham double bogeyed the 1st then birdied the 2nd. Then after a couple more  birdies eagled the 8th to be -3.

Woods +2.
    Lowery -3 
    Got Hovland as 1st round leader so long may he continue!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I’ve gone all in on Conners. Fancy him. Slow start though. 

Done Finau and Zalatoris ew 

was going to go Im and Lowry but decided not to. Bad decision looking at Lowrys start. 
  • Options
    McIlroy seems to have a lot of shit first rounds in the majors 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve gone all in on Conners. Fancy him. Slow start though. 

Done Finau and Zalatoris ew 

was going to go Im and Lowry but decided not to. Bad decision looking at Lowrys start. 

Zalatoris withdrew earlier today.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    McIlroy seems to have a lot of shit first rounds in the majors 
    He does indeed. Not just slow starts but error strewn starts. Look at the players on 4 & 5 under and most are bogey free. Rory has had 2 bogeys & a double. His approach to 13 was very poor. 

I fear his challenge this week is over already.
  • Options
    Just turned it on. FFS Rory!
  • Options
    My boy Kirk was +4 after 5 holes, then -3 after 15 holes. Bogied the last to finish -2. On that basis he played 10 holes yesterday in -7. Am expecting a big round from him today. Backed him at 150-1, now he’s 250-1. Confusing.
  • Options
    Would like to see Rahm win - only one major victory so far.

Will probably be Koepka or Scheffler.
  • Options

He is not out of touch and I expect him to be a lot closer to the top of the leader board come end of play today.
  • Options
    Went Speith win and Bradley E/W.
    Fairly happy after round 1
  • Options
    Had Rahm to be first round leader so decent but was gutted when Koepka sunk his final birdie. Got Rory to win and Finau and Rose EW so looking forward to a bit of weekend viewing. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Unless he starts to find birdies from somewhere, McIlroy will be missing the cut.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    bobmunro said:

He is not out of touch and I expect him to be a lot closer to the top of the leader board come end of play today.
    This lasted well.

As it stands the leader (Koepka) is at -11

Rory is +4 and looking like he could miss the cut.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another dreadful shot from Rory.
  • Options
    Another dreadful shot from Rory.
    Now +5 thru 11, 3 shots from the current cut figure of +2.
    Might get saved by the bad weather if it turns as bad as predicted for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Rory gets one back with a birdie on the par 5 13th (+4).
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

This lasted well.

As it stands the leader (Koepka) is at -11

Rory is +4 and looking like he could miss the cut.

This only goes to prove one thing, I know the square root of feck all about golf!
  • Options
    Brooks looking very good through two completed rounds.

Bennett the amateur 2nd on the leaderboard... could be the story of the weekend if he can keep going.
  • Options
    Rory has a 6 foot put for eagle but misses badly, but gets a birdie (+3 thru 15).
  • Options
    A poor finish from Rory and two bogeys in the last three holes see him finish at +5. He's very unlikely to make the cut.
    The hooters go off and play is suspended due to the possibility of lightning.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Each way bets - 10 places with Paddypower : best value IMHO:

Conners 40-1  ....8th in 2021, 10th 2020
    Koepka 40-1 ....7th in 2020, 2nd 2019, 11th 2017
    Hoge 80-1
    Rose 50-1 ....... 7th in 2021, 12th 2018, 2nd 2017
    Willett 125-1 .....12th 2022, 1st 2016
    Schwartzel 175-1 .....10th 2022, 3rd 2017
    Mickleson 200-1 ... 2nd 2015, 3rd 2012, 1 2010
    Na 300-1…….finished 14th, 12th and 13th in the last 3 years, 2,1 and 1 shot off 10th!

Scheffler to win : 7-1

I stand by my 'best value each way' bets. I've added recent best finishes for context of their proven ability around Augusta National. All bets are 1/5th e/w bets, 10 places with Paddypower
    So far, so good with a 40-1 in 1st and 200-1 + 50-1 hanging on to 10th, equivalent to 40-1 and 8-1 payout. 
  • Options
    Those trees coming down was crazy. You'd hope they've done an inspection of the course overnight to make sure there's no others in danger of falling but that's quite a job for someone.