Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Assistant Referee who elbowed Robertson is a Charlton fan.

According to the Daily Mail, Constantine Hatzidakis, the linesman who elbowed Liverpool’s Andy Robertson yesterday, is a Charlton fan. 

Comments

• Options
    If he had deliberately elbowed him he wouldn't have been able to whinge like he did.
  • Options
    lol!... Whats that got to do with his decision to elbow him?

Nice of the Mail to give us his life story, but then would expect nothing less from the press these days
  • Options
    Typical over-reaction of today’s pampered players, although not quite as embarrassing as the England captains reaction last week at Goodison.
    Exactly. Totally over the top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    He thought it was Pat Van Den Hauwe and told him that’s for Shaun Newton 
  • Options
    Is there a video?
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    It will be a platform for more abuse of officials especially at amateur level.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I think the starting point is what the appropriate outcome would have been if the lino had been a player. If there’s no case for leniency there it will be a struggle for the FA not to apply a sanction, albeit it doesn’t warrant a life ban or summary execution.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    Con came through the referee academy, at Charlton, which was set up by the late Jeff Pettitt. 

Did he get one to ones with Alan Shearer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he? Oh well, that's alright then. He can claim mitigating circumstances. They're bound to take pity on him and treat him leniently. I do hope the article also acknowledged the vital support role played by the loved ones of the officials because they always get overlooked and are deserving of so much more recognition. Let's hear it for them for a change 👏👏👏
  • Options
    Its a shame the PGMOL dont come out with a statement shrugging it off, bascially saying: "Well this is nothing compared to the abuse Officials get up and down the country"

Unfortunately can see that type of reaction doing a lot more harm than good
  • Options
    Its a shame the PGMOL dont come out with a statement shrugging it off, bascially saying: "Well this is nothing compared to the abuse Officials get up and down the country"

I thought that's what he was doing, shrugging it off I mean
  • Options

They certainly get a lot of abuse. However this is to a large extent their own fault. It used to be an offense to use foul and abusive language to a referee ( in fact I once got sent off for it, few compliants), but they have let it creep into the game like a lot of other rule breaking that is now considered "professional"!
  • Options
    I think the starting point is what the appropriate outcome would have been if the lino had been a player. If there’s no case for leniency there it will be a struggle for the FA not to apply a sanction, albeit it doesn’t warrant a life ban or summary execution.
    Without the benefit of any information other than the video clip above, I'd say a three match ban for a red card offence would be appropriate. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I was mates with Con when I was younger, we played football together, our season tickets were close to each other in the East stand and we went to away games together a couple of times. He and his family are good people and this thing is being blown way out of proportion. Robertson approached him, pretty sure he grabbed him and Con has shrugged him off. 

Given the abuse that officials receive from players, fans and managers it’s probably is a matter of time before one snaps and lamps someone - but that isn’t what happened here. 
    I already loved him, now I love him even more.
    Freedom of The Valley for our Con & a heroes welcome.

I can’t stand that Robertson fella & by the look of Con, if he really wanted to hurt him……….he wouldn’t have been able to complain about it 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    did he 'elbow' Robertson ? .. what I saw was the player taking hold of the official's arm or clothing and the official shrugging him off .. Robertson, a player I like as a whole hearted performer, should face a ban for touching a match official .. much ado about not a lot