Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who should we keep, who should we let go ?

Comments

• Options
    Keep the youngsters that have broken through this year - Leaburn, Ness, Mitchell, Campbell, AMB - but all should be considered squad players to help with their development. 

Keep the skipper. 

Get rid of the rest - all of them! 
  • Options
    Probably not the right night for this, but alongside the others that people have highlighted I would keep Fraser. 

I would also keep Thomas and Hector. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Probably not the right night for this, but alongside the others that people have highlighted I would keep Fraser. 

I didn’t know Thomas and Hector were Scottish 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:

I didn’t know Thomas and Hector were Scottish 😉
    Fifty caps each if they were! 
  • Options
    Really good idea to do this thread after a 6-0 defeat! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeh but it’s not any old 6-0 defeat, it’s been 102 years since the last one in the third tier.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why not?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Ideal world

To Go.
    Innis - terrible player and ridiculously poor discipline record.
    Clare - one of the most limited players I have seen.
    Wolacott - maybe we can get £50-100K and he is average L1 level.
    Bonne - useless.
    Payne - tries hard but L2 standard
    Henry - would need to be exceptional given his size and hasnt shown he is.
    Harness to go as has not pushed on
    Aneke and CBT to go for their respective injury records.
    Kirk, Lavelle, DJ, Gilby all to go as total junk.
    Gallen to go as his hit rate on players has been dreadful.
    M Sandgaard to go - because he knows naff all about football.

To stay
    Leaburn - will be superb
    Ness - not quite as convinced as some yet but has potential.
    Hector - maybe
    Albie - squad player only
    Fraser - squad player only
    AMB - good potential
    Dobson to stay - likely first teamer and nothing wrong with that.
    Egbo - I guess as he is better than L1 standard if fit but I suspect he is Aneke v2.
    Thomas - for his versatility and as a squad player only if cheap but not really fussed.

Bring in 5 really decent loanees and 5 stars of the future plus 5 more of the level of Sessignon (including him) and hope a few from the academy step up.

No idea
    McGrandles

Loanees
    No chance with JRS.
    All others can go.

Kanu, Mitchell, Campbell, Deji, Anderson, Adigun, Casey, Kone and others give pre season and then keep some in the squad and loan others.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Why not      indeed         
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Why not?
    Because people will end up slagging off players who are more than good enough for a squad place at least against the vast majority of League One opposition. I see you've bumped not only the Inniss but the Fraser thread with 'shit, get rid'. Not happening, sorry. Fraser doesn't even have his contract expire in the summer. He's a very good player at this level. Find something else to do with yourself than unleash your anger on our players. Can't you go and play some online chess? It's almost the cricket season ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it might be the right time as we have sandwiched an abject defeat and a win with a six nil win and a six nil defeat. No rose tinted glasses needed after that roller coaster. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    And the fact it’s already been done already, 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Why not?
    Because people will end up slagging off players who are more than good enough for a squad place at least against the vast majority of League One opposition. I see you've bumped not only the Inniss but the Fraser thread with 'shit, get rid'. Not happening, sorry. Fraser doesn't even have his contract expire in the summer. He's a very good player at this level. Find something else to do with yourself than unleash your anger on our players. Can't you go and play some online chess? It's almost the cricket season ffs
    The only problem with Fraser or Dobson is that they are booked in to appear in 46 games plus with no respite or ability to change the formation to accommodate their resting. I'm with you Leuth on Fraser, but he and Dobson need two more midfielders to give them a chance. 
  • Options
    Not bothered if they all went 
    embarrassing lame outfit 
    obviously they won’t all go but would hope we sign better than 90% which again won’t happen
    we need a miracle for promotion at anytime in the next couple of seasons 
  • Options
    Why so angry? It's an end of season game and we're stuck in midtable. We were always going to get well beaten today in all likelihood. I didn't watch it (I've watched all our other games recently) because I knew something like this would happen (and because my girlfriend wanted a day out). The time to get angry is if this keeps happening, when it matters. I'm much angrier about our struggles earlier in the season against weaker teams than a cricket-season shellacking by a team who'll probably be aiming at the Premiership next season
  • Options
    Oh shit, you actually went there. Okay fine, haha
  • Options
    None all a waste of space and money 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Why so angry? It's an end of season game and we're stuck in midtable. We were always going to get well beaten today in all likelihood. I didn't watch it (I've watched all our other games recently) because I knew something like this would happen (and because my girlfriend wanted a day out). The time to get angry is if this keeps happening, when it matters. I'm much angrier about our struggles earlier in the season against weaker teams than a cricket-season shellacking by a team who'll probably be aiming at the Premiership next season
    Because I spent a whole day and a couple of hundred quid to watch us get done 6 nil in division three, with the sort of performance that was beyond embarrassment. I can almost accept lack of quality, because you get what you pay for, but I won't accept a lack of effort, commitment and passion, and yesterday was pitiful. 

I stayed to the end to let them know how I felt - amazed to see plenty clapping the team off. 
    I would love to know why someone would - un-ironically - clap the players off yesterday? 
  • Options
    Ideal world

To Go.
    Bonne - useless.

To stay
    Leaburn - will be superb
    Hector - maybe
    AMB - good potential
    Egbo - I guess as he is better than L1 standard if fit but I suspect he is Aneke v2.
    Thomas - for his versatility and as a squad player only if cheap but not really fussed.

Bring in 5 really decent loanees and 5 stars of the future plus 5 more of the level of Sessignon (including him) and hope a few from the academy step up.

No idea
    McGrandles

Loanees
    No chance with JRS.
    All others can go.

Kanu, Mitchell, Campbell, Deji, Anderson, Adigun, Casey, Kone and others give pre season and then keep some in the squad and loan others.

You can add Steve Gallen to that list. His recruitment has been appalling. His go-to player to change our season .. Macaulay ‘kin Bonne!!! WTF
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Out of interest, who did Powell keep hold of prior to splashing out on his new recruits?
    Jackson was the main one and youngsters like Solly, Waggy and Harriott.

He brought in Hamer, Wiggins, Morrison, Taylor, Cort, Hollands, Stephens, Hayes and BWP initially if I remember rightly. Yann arrived a bit later in the season.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Ideal world

To Go.
    Bonne - useless.

To stay
    Leaburn - will be superb
    Hector - maybe
    AMB - good potential

No idea
    McGrandles

Loanees
    No chance with JRS.
    All others can go.

You can add Steve Gallen to that list. His recruitment has been appalling. His go-to player to change our season .. Macaulay ‘kin Bonne!!! WTF

He is already on it!  Absolutely has to go.  Thought it for a while but brining Bonne back was such clear evidence.
  • Options
    Get rid of
    innis , Clare, Morgan, Penney, Bonne, harness 

try and flog 
    Kirk, lavelle, DJ, McGrandles , aneke (mutual agreement to terminate?) 

keep
    hector, leaburn, Dobson, AMB, egbo , Fraser, sess (if possible), ness & Mitchell 

Keep, if last option 
    thomas, Campbell (otherwise loan out), 

grim reading really 
    Grim indeed but pretty much how I see it.
    Same. It is grim reading, but if we want out of the league then wholesale changes are needed.
  • Options
    I said at the start of the season that if we are banking on the likes of Inniss, Morgan and Aneke being the spine of the team we will finish mid table. 
    We have so many players in and around our starting eleven that are simply not good enough to challenge for promotion. 
    All we can do as fan's is hope the takeover happens quickly and we recruit better for next season. 
    I won't be holding my breath though. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Keep
    Dobson- He's done more than enough over 2 years to justify been kept
    Leaburn- Must Keep hold
    Maynard-Brewer- Like him and want him to succeed
    Wollacott- Decent keeper, worth keeping
    Campbell
    Kanu
    Mitchell
    Ness

I'd tell Egbo and Morgan if I was in charge, you are not part of my plans but if you perform over summer in training and pre season, keep fit and work hard you have a chance. That at least puts the ball in there court to perform.

Let go the rest of them.

Changed mind on last one. Think Clare time is up 

• Options
    If we manage to "replace" Jes Rak-Sakyi I will be astonished.
    The rest are pretty much interchangeable with any of the other hapless punters in the "realistic budget" pool we will no doubt be fishing in.
    Who cares.
    Any decent academy product will be sold, the rest aren't good enough.
    I have an overwhelming feeling that Spiegel and co will be another treading water ownership that we have to endure whilst they discover they can't do it on the cheap or without proper football expertise and infrastructure.
    I'm sick of spending emotion, money and precious retirement time on this shit.
    And before anybody jumps in with Spiegel isn't even in yet, or it's not your money, or don't be negative, save your breath.
    I'm having an infantile rant and be damned, so you can fcuk off an'all.
    I feel really guilty that I brainwashed my Dorset born and bred son into this crap.
    So, I will no doubt renew my season ticket even whilst I deabte whether I'll bother to use it.
    Cnuts

• Options
    Let go
    Morgan
    Innis
    Bonne
    Henry
    Aneke
    Lavelle
    Jaiyesimi
    Gilbey
    McGrandles
    Kirk
    Thomas 
    All loanees to return to parent clubs only one I would take back is JR-S but he will be in the Championship next season. 

Try to re-sign Hector. Yesterday was a real blip, BUT may help him assess where he is at atm and stay at this level, who knows…?
    That is a lot of rebuilding btw - massive overhaul due and quite right! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    Because I spent a whole day and a couple of hundred quid to watch us get done 6 nil in division three, with the sort of performance that was beyond embarrassment. I can almost accept lack of quality, because you get what you pay for, but I won't accept a lack of effort, commitment and passion, and yesterday was pitiful. 

I stayed to the end to let them know how I felt - amazed to see plenty clapping the team off. 
    I would love to know why someone would - un-ironically - clap the players off yesterday? 
    Happy clappers!