Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who should we keep, who should we let go ?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    What 'reckless aggression' do you mean from last season? Of Inniss' 3 unrescinded red cards, 2 were last-man fouls where he barely touched the opponent and the other was a second yellow for an attempt to score a last-minute winner against a Cotswolds village whom we should have mashed out of sight. Frankly if someone didn't go in hard to try and head that corner home I'd have been disappointed
    Reckless aggression is doing something stupidly aggressive for no discernable reason. I dont know why so many of our fans defend him, that attempt to score involved him literrally running full pelt and shoulder barging someone in the back for a ball he was never going to win when he was on a yellow in the midst of an injury crisis. Also what about the reds the season before ? Lets not mention the number of individual mistakes he has made and thr number of times he has skated on thin ice in matches, look at his record is he genuinley unlucky or maybe he is just reckless ? Does anyone look at him and actually think he is a CB who will get us promoted.
    Reckless aggression? How about the tackle he did on that Wimbledon player.

One of the worst tackles I have ever seen on a football pitch. He could have ended that player's career that night.

That should have been the end of him with us.
    The guy didnt even go off,if thats one of the worst tackles you have seen,I dont know what sort of football you watch.Have you forgotten Jason Pearce nearly decapitating a goalkeeper,Nabby Sarr lunging at a player near the east stand which did put the player off the pitch.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    What 'reckless aggression' do you mean from last season? Of Inniss' 3 unrescinded red cards, 2 were last-man fouls where he barely touched the opponent and the other was a second yellow for an attempt to score a last-minute winner against a Cotswolds village whom we should have mashed out of sight. Frankly if someone didn't go in hard to try and head that corner home I'd have been disappointed
    Reckless aggression is doing something stupidly aggressive for no discernable reason. I dont know why so many of our fans defend him, that attempt to score involved him literrally running full pelt and shoulder barging someone in the back for a ball he was never going to win when he was on a yellow in the midst of an injury crisis. Also what about the reds the season before ? Lets not mention the number of individual mistakes he has made and thr number of times he has skated on thin ice in matches, look at his record is he genuinley unlucky or maybe he is just reckless ? Does anyone look at him and actually think he is a CB who will get us promoted.

One of the worst tackles I have ever seen on a football pitch. He could have ended that player's career that night.

The guy didnt even go off,if thats one of the worst tackles you have seen,I dont know what sort of football you watch.Have you forgotten Jason Pearce nearly decapitating a goalkeeper,Nabby Sarr lunging at a player near the east stand which did put the player off the pitch.
    Was that Naby in the first minute?
  • Options
    It wasnt long into the game ,I was quite close and saw it coming and even yelled "Nabby No"
  • Options
    The Sarr red didn't result in an injury either. Another Trevor Kettle special, tackle was not violent. I threw my Bovril
  • Options
    Actually I can't remember a Charlton player doing a really nasty career threatening tackle, as opposed to Charlton players being on the receiving end like Matt Holmes and Grant Basey.
  • Options
    Actually I can't remember a Charlton player doing a really nasty career threatening tackle, as opposed to Charlton players being on the receiving end like Matt Holmes and Grant Basey.
    The infamous Darren Ambrose one on the first day of our Premiership relegation season? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Absolutley no way that was an accident either ball was gone by the time he lunged.

None the less, in isolation i could let it go but no player is that unlucky  to get the numver of cards he has added with his fitness concerns which could come back and his performances this season i really cant see why we extend his stay especially for a first team salary.

Now i know the keyboard hardmen will defend him and say our whole defence has been terrible, which is true, but he is supposed to be one of leaders and organise the defence. Frankly we have looked shocking this season defending as a unit. 

For whats its worth in a rosy world and we can sign better players id say thanks but time to move on but even if we cant unless he accepts a paycut equal to that of a squad player id still say bye to him.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    These red cards he 'should' have gotten - you know there's a pretty thorough retrospective punishment system? 

I look at him and I see a very useful squad member who's clearly good to have around the group, who can step in when required.
    Just casually forgetting his errors throughout the season that cost us matches ?
    Bristol Rovers was his fuckup and responsibility, sure. Everything else was collective mistakes in the main. All defenders make errors
    He has made more than just Bristol Rovers though. Even defending as a collective as our most experienced CB he is meant to organise and bring conposure, organised and composed are not words you can say about our defence this season.

There have also been plenty of times this season he has made mistakes and been bailed out by others around him.

By the way he isnt the only one in the team who needs to go.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The infamous Darren Ambrose one on the first day of our Premiership relegation season? 
    We were not relegated that season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After reading the CAST report I think we should hold on to them all. Sandgaard won’t be funding anything better.
    Exactly, we need to add but take Clare for example, if he goes were not signing a replacement, we're doing the equivalent of playing Chin, Claydon etc and making do.  We need improvements in about 6 positions already, we're not getting that and then signing another 4, 5 squad players.
  • Options
    After reading the CAST report I think we should hold on to them all. Sandgaard won’t be funding anything better.
    Exactly, we need to add but take Clare for example, if he goes were not signing a replacement, we're doing the equivalent of playing Chin, Claydon etc and making do.  We need improvements in about 6 positions already, we're not getting that and then signing another 4, 5 squad players.
    Truw but a lot of those players who werent good enough this season will still be on first team wages. They do need to see who is good enough to step up aswell from youth too first. Maybe Chin can do a job.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    "oooh you wouldn't say that to his face"

Why not, is he as much of a fucking nutter off the pitch as he is on it then? 

The bloke's a clown, an average at best league 1 defender and has only been largely injury free for 1 of his 3 seasons with us. Holden even left him out of the last game of the season to make sure he couldn't start next season with a 6 game ban, because he can't trust him to play 90 mins of football without getting sent off.
  • Options
    Genuinely surprised. Undoubtedly needed a shake up but worry about who the replacements might be. It's a bold cut and genuinely feel for Albie Morgan and hope he can kick on somewhere.
  • Options
    The Muscat tackle on Holmes was worthy of a life ban,probably one of the worst I have seen.
  • Options
    Wow, was not expecting to see a few of those on the released list and sad to see Clare and Albie go in particular (albeit latter was defo squad back up IMHO). Do not think we will sign either Hector nor Thomas. Former will be beyond us £s wise unless a lot of eggs are being put in one basket and I have a strong inkling where the latter may be headed unless our offer is strong enough to match/beat it.

suspect DJ and Kirk, plus possibly Lavelle are coming back to be sold. McGrandles could stay to back up Dobbo. 
  • Options
    Gutted to let Morgan go.

looking forward to his name popping up on future transfer rumour threads!
  • Options
    Interesting...do.we think this means there actually is money to spend? Seems some unexpected cuts if not don't you think?
  • Options
    Lavelle and McGrandles back in to replace Morgan and Inniss 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    WHAddick said:
    Interesting...do.we think this means there actually is money to spend? Seems some unexpected cuts if not don't you think?
    Don't think we can tell at this stage. We could quite easily go with Mitchell, Ness and Deji as 3 of our 4/5 first team CBs as well as pushing the likes of Roddy closer to the first team rather than bring in a few extra signings. I'd expect another mid table season at best if that was the case.
  • Options
    The history makers depart …. 
    Such a shame