Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Milton Keynes Dons vs Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 18th April 2023 | KO 7:45 PM

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023

Rak Saki is an enigma for me. Why does he have to always be on the right and cut inside? It's so predictable. Also his crosses are not dangerous enough. Get him down the left, onto the byline and putting in decent crosses for Leaburn to get some power in a header. 

Mmm I agree with this … although would still gladly take him again next season … as if!!! … but I’m not convinced that he is being used as effectively as he could be.  
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Karl Robinson purring about Albie Morgan for 90 minutes. Incredible vibe, I for one enjoyed it 
    Personally, I thought Morgan was decent as was everyone else today.
    But I couldn't understand why Robbo was raving about Morgan.
    He ran around a lot, but still gave the ball away, didn't follow his man enough and couldn't keep a corner kick on the pitch etc.
    Hopefully he buys him in the summer when he’s got a new job 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Footballs a funny old game reading some of these comments. 

Live half an hour away from MK, turned up 10 mins late, left 10 mins early. Absolutely shocking game of football and I am usually rose tinted. MK were awful, we were marginally better. 

Fair play to you hardy lot travelling back down to SE London after watching that dross! 

It must be the depressing stadium because I thought we played some decent passing football and bounced back well after the tennis bagel on Saturday. 
    Maybe it easily to watch sitting indoors in the warm but our passing was much better even if we couldn't find the killer pass more than once tonight.

We are a mid table team and that was a good 3 points.
  • Options
    Not a classic, but a well ground out away win. I expected more from MKD as they've been on a good run.

Payne was a real threat, Albie was very good, Thomas and Hector very solid.

Rak-Sakyi was off his game tonight, at this stage of his career he's still inconsistent.

Strange club and ground. Premier League facilities, L2 crowds.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Valley11 said:
    Holden on Charlton TV
    Really like him and apart from Ipswich we’ve been very decent and play with purpose.
    Get the takeover done, give him some money and the players he wants this summer and we’ll defo have a shot next season. 
        Totally agree with you Valley 11.
        Holden with the right backing could be a great
        Manager, we played well tonight in the second   
        Half, earned 3 points and a clean sheet and I 
        Am amazed we did not score more than one 
        Goal tonight 👍👍

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I suspect the lack of atmosphere and end of a disappointing season is contributing to the drab reviews of those that were there. Can imagine that first half being very dull if you had travelled and were sitting in a cold empty stadium.

From my warm armchair, it seemed to be a positive away performance where we were clearly the better side with the better players. Thought TT and Hector were excellent at the back and Dobson really grew into the game.

3 points from those two games isnt a bad return, just a shame Saturday was so embarrassingly terrible.

Really shows the gulf in class between the top and the bottom of this league. 
    100% agree.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Karl Robinson purring about Albie Morgan for 90 minutes. Incredible vibe, I for one enjoyed it 
    Gobby doesn't purr  - sounded like unintelligible gargling of gravel almost non stop for 90 minutes. Not an experiment to be repeated by CharltonTV.

• Options
    Credit to Holden for getting a performance out of that shower after Saturday - now watch them all start thinking about being on the beach against Morecambe. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had that dull affair and scum game on , I know what one gave me a lot more pleasure .

I thought Fraser was unbelievably wasteful for a lot of the night , he’s getting on my tits 
  • Options
    sm said:
    Leuth said:
    Gobby doesn't purr  - sounded like unintelligible gargling of gravel almost non stop for 90 minutes. Not an experiment to be repeated by CharltonTV.

To be fair I think the Good Albie turned up tonight - although he did allow his useless identical twin to take the corners.
  • Options
    Just got home, not a brilliant game of football and what a soulless club that is. We picked up second half. Certainly wasn’t a classic but enjoyed the win after experiencing the Ipswich game.
  • Options
    I genuinely believe that we could have a decent defence next season 

GK - AMB, JW
    RB - Egbo, Clare, Sess
    RCB - Hector, Ness, Mitchell
    LCB - Thomas, Mitchell
    LB - Sess, Thomas 
  • Options
    I dont expect Sess will be back next year 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Personally, I thought Morgan was decent as was everyone else today.
    But I couldn't understand why Robbo was raving about Morgan.
    He ran around a lot, but still gave the ball away, didn't follow his man enough and couldn't keep a corner kick on the pitch etc.
    ONE corner went straight out, and even then that could have been because someone was meant to have gone round to the back post to head it back. Morgan's reactions certainly suggested that - he was right in front of the away section, so you could see him complaining to someone.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    se9addick said:

GK - AMB, JW
    RB - Egbo, Clare, Sess
    LCB - Thomas, Mitchell
    LB - Sess, Thomas : 
    We conceded 6 goals 3 days ago and have spent the last few weeks looking like we could concede from any attack. One clean sheet against a relegation threatened side later and suddenly we've got a good defence again. This fanbase is insane.
    This.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

GK - AMB, JW
    RB - Egbo, Clare, Sess
    LCB - Thomas, Mitchell
    LB - Sess, Thomas 
    We know very little of Mitchell, hector is out of contract and has shown he could play in a better side, Sess is unlikely to return although out of contract. Do we want his injuries anyway.
    Thomas out of contract but wants to stay according to the SLP. Bang average.
    Egbo looks decent but we’ve seen little of him, Clare is an Albie Morgan in defence.

Innis is a bloody liability with a combination of injuries and red cards.
    Put simply we have no defence.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I couldn't understand half of what Robinson was going on about.
  • Options
    Never see the game well pleased we got the win mostly for our traveling fans well done to the team & all who traveled
     B) 
  • Options
    Seems like Payne and Morgan played well tonight, but I do hope it doesn't prolong the agony. 

If we are to challenge next season we need better consistency and they need to move on. 
  • Options
    A meaningless win, but a win none the less.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Generally thought we played well against an MKD team who were a lot worse than I expected. After last Saturdays nightmare, it was a good bounce back. After my rage on Saturday night, it's tempting to say we should sign that team up for next year, but as I haven't been drinking, let's be honest. It was a good win away for an average mid table side.
    Sess and JRS looked good. Fraser I thought looked slow and clumsy and frankly I would expect much better from a player like him. But we applied ourselves well, which is a lot after Saturday. Our future book about the epic battle for 10th spot with Shrewsbury may still have a few pages to be written.
  • Options
    My seat in the stadium was very comfortable and I could have dozed off a couple of times. I don't think we were great but we were sufficiently better than them.
  • Options
    Disapointing.  I hope any members of the our squad associated with MKD are ok?