Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Milton Keynes Dons vs Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 18th April 2023 | KO 7:45 PM

Comments

• Options
    Well done for all of you who went, and thanks for sharing your thoughts

Through thick n thin…
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    A good game! 

First half was a mixed bag with the odd bit of decent play, we got the ball into the danger zone a lot however it was MK Dons who had the better real chance(s) on goal, but, ultimately, a lack of quality from both sides meant it was 0-0 and looking like a fair result overall for the match.

Second half, Dons flew out and had us under pressure for a good 15 minutes, but, then we got a hold of the ball and had our own spell which saw us rewarded with a well worked goal. After that, the game became much more open and end to end up until the final 15 (injury time included) when Dons upped the pressure again and had us pinned back. 

Second half felt very much like two teams chasing a playoff spot which, both sets of fans would have thought it'd be at the start of the season. 

Special mention to Robinson who tbh I've always liked and thought he did well on the coms, wasn't unbearable and gave some good analysis, although given his baffling thoughts on Albie Morgan he had probably been on the sauce all day.
  • Options

• Options
    Big up the fans that travelled tonight! See you on Saturday
  • Options

Your support means everything... thank you, Addicks!  We'll see you back at The Valley on Saturday

imageimageimage
  • Options

Good response

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmmmm. Has someone been bollocked?
  • Options
    Hmmmmm. Has someone been bollocked?
    Who?
  • Options
    A good win against an in form team

• Options
    Watched on the stream last night and it just proved what we all know - we are a much better team than the one that lost at Ipswich but no where good enough to challenge for promotion. We are where we are -10th - a middle of the table team.

For me, one of the most interesting things was watching Clare, Hector, Thomas and Morgan - all players whose contracts are up - put in good performances after woeful ones last Saturday. It's going to be fascinating to see whether they get offered new deals or not. Holden faces some very difficult decisions.

• Options
    I'll add that Robinson's obvious resentment at Sean Clare was another delightful aspect of his commentary. Only came through a couple of times but genuinely joyous to hear him chunter. The yang to Albie's yin
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I'll add that Robinson's obvious resentment at Sean Clare was another delightful aspect of his commentary. Only came through a couple of times but genuinely joyous to hear him chunter. The yang to Albie's yin
    What did he say?
  • Options
    Overall a good performance, Albie, hector and Payne all played very well.

Really enjoyed Robinson commentating, surprisingly. He seems a good guy who loved his time here.

Take a listen to the BBC Moment of Truth podcast that focuses on him and Paul Warne. It's superb and did two things for me

1. I would love Warne to manage us one day - what a top man and coach
    2. Robbo is a decent guy, he just loves to talk and talk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor first half, the highlight being the finger tip save by AMB from Leko who was MK's only real bright spark. Dons came out pushing for a goal for 10 mins of the second half and then just melted away. It was weird, as if something had been put in their half time tea and it suddenly kicked in. Charlton played keep ball for a couple of minutes and then started carving out chances whilst MK just kept giving us the ball back to have another go. Then a couple of their players collapsed on the ground looking exhausted. 

Frankly the game should have been put to bed long before the seven minutes of extra time and slight MK revival. R-S was the main culprit missing the target twice. But he did fine to tee up Payne who did his finest Archie Gemmill impersonation in gleefully lashing the ball in the net.

Mentions for the back two who were very good together and the Morgan/Dobson pair up who drove the team forward during that second half. Good bounce back from Saturday with a clean sheet and three points from one of our bogy grounds. Oh and Millwall lost at home to Brum. 
  • Options
    Attendance  was announced as 6,600 - don’t think it was anything like that in reality. 
  • Options
    JoshCAFC with the worst set of player marks since prime Billy_Mix. What the absolute hell lol
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Thomas keeps playing like he is to end of season I’d give him a contact and release innis. 
    Do we really need conditions to release Inniss? 
    Just pack him off to Fleetwood with Stockley and be done with it.

Edit: In fact, stick at least half the squad in the boot of a big f*** *ff car, drive it up to the north west and let the likes of Accrington and Crewe take their pick.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    se9addick said:
    I genuinely believe that we could have a decent defence next season 

GK - AMB, JW
    RB - Egbo, Clare, Sess
    RCB - Hector, Ness, Mitchell
    LCB - Thomas, Mitchell
    LB - Sess, Thomas : 
    We conceded 6 goals 3 days ago and have spent the last few weeks looking like we could concede from any attack. One clean sheet against a relegation threatened side later and suddenly we've got a good defence again. This fanbase is insane.
    Funny stuff isn't it. 

Don't concede against a team that's scored 40 goals in 43 games and suddenly we're world beaters. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Only watched from 40 minutes onwards. Despite their 7 game unbeaten run, they remain 3 points from the drop, which points to a side that aren't that great, over a season.

It reminds me of the two Ronnie's sketch about class.....

https://youtu.be/UDIHrX-Jp2E

I think we're middle class (at best)! 
  • Options
    This win does little to absolve the squad from the Ipswich disgrace. The thing is, once we go a couple behind, they all too often bottle it, opt out, down tools .. been said umpteen times before, I don't mind losing to a better team if our players give it a good go, to lay down and surrender (while still taking their wages) is NOT ever acceptable.
    Bright side .. brining in the hard working, hard nut Payne did a lot of good .. he's been criminally underused this season
  • Options
    This win does little to absolve the squad from the Ipswich disgrace. The thing is, once we go a couple behind, they all too often bottle it, opt out, down tools .. been said umpteen times before, I don't mind losing to a better team if our players give it a good go, to lay down and surrender (while still taking their wages) is NOT ever acceptable.
    Bright side .. brining in the hard working, hard nut Payne did a lot of good .. he's been criminally underused this season
    TBF, we were 2 down when the ref passed up on giving us what I thought was a clear penalty.