Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Luke Plange on loan from CP is happening apparently 
    Forward, 18 appearances, 0 goals.
    Charltonised before he even gets here.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Croydon said:
    Luke Plange on loan from CP is happening apparently 
    Forward, 18 appearances, 0 goals.
    Must have shown something on loan at Lincoln for us to still be interested.

Are we sure he played up front for them?
    14 of those 18 games came from the bench 
  • Options
    how about his previous spell at Derby where he did the same? On stats alone id say lets not take the plange but there we go.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Would this first 11 get promotion?

AMB

Egbo
    Edun - Free from Blackburn
    Hector
    Tafazolli - Free from Wycombe

Fraser
    Dobson
    Brannagan - £1m from Oxford

Smith - Free from Cambridge
    Stockton - Free from Morecambe
    CBT

I like the Alfie May / Mo Eisa & Aaron Collins options but think Stockton would fit 433 better & is a low risk gamble being out of contract (that would allow us to spend any transfer budget we have on a quality CM).
    Fraser and CBT look the weak links, for every good game you get from them they follow it up with 3,4,5 very average games 

To get promoted you need consistency 
    Also I’d love to know when we last spent a million on a player 
    I remember when we spent £1.1 million on Izale Mcleod back in 2010. 

#NeverForget
    Plus Luke Varney at £2m in 2007

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Looks like the Exodus has begun. We are never to see Bonne, Penney or Kilkenny in a Charlton shirt again. 

I've cried so many tears that somehow none are coming with this announcement. 

Edited to add link: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-trio-wont-be-involved-at-cheltenham-as-their-addicks-careers-are-ended-ahead-of-final-day/
    Has anyone else noticed that so far only players whose names include a double n are shipping out? Not looking too rosy for Ryan.

Inevitable really
  • Options
    As things stand, in 25 mins the bidding war for Langstaff will begin. I don’t expect us to be seriously involved. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    As things stand, in 25 mins the bidding war for Langstaff will begin. I don’t expect us to be seriously involved. 
    Expect there to be interest in Ruben Rodrigues too... I hadnt heard of him until CallumCAFC mentioned him in his summer wishlist - But his stats look just as decent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rúben_Rodrigues_(footballer,_born_1996)
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Feels like a player that goes to Preston or someone like that 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Expect there to be interest in Ruben Rodrigues too... I hadnt heard of him until CallumCAFC mentioned him in his summer wishlist - But his stats look just as decent

How is he playing over here post Brexit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:

Were the rules quite in place in 2020?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just scored a late equaliser 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:

Were the rules quite in place in 2020?
    Possibly not, it's all a bit of a blur when mixed in with Covid and the ESI nonsense.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Portsmouth News report linking us to Jay Mingi 
    Left us under a bit of a cloud.  I'd be surprused
    Don't recall this at all.

Care to elaborate, please ? 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Portsmouth News report linking us to Jay Mingi 
    Left us under a bit of a cloud.  I'd be surprused
    The cloud is still over us, so…
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Looking back on Roland's reign he spent a heck of a lot on players.
    Money on transfer fees and wages was never the problem for us with RD in the early years. It was how it was spent. If he had employed people to run the football operation properly and achieved some sort of remote consistency with the coaching team, we could have been something. But what actually happened is he wasted millions on largely incapable players with the odd exception (e.g. JBG), and that helped to drive him to resentment and total apathy which then led to funding starvation across the club and brought the house down.
    In a nutshell.
  • Options
    I’d rather sign Shodipo permanently than Plange on loan if we’re looking at that Lincoln team 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I’d rather sign Shodipo permanently than Plange on loan if we’re looking at that Lincoln team 
    Plange was on loan at Lincoln from Palace
  • Options
    Scott Banks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    21 year old Palace winger, loaned to Bradford for the season - 21 starts, 8 sub, 6 goals (all league) and 4 assists (all comps).

They signed him from Dundee Utd, had 3 loan spells in Scotland which look unsuccessful based on appearances made.

Doesn’t scream L1 promotion player. Someone on our list but not at the top?

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Plange was meant to hapopen in January but, for some reason, didn't.  Pretty highly rated from what I hear but, like Jesurun , an unknown quantity
    Not really. He's had a decent number of games in mens team football.
  • Options
    If we were to get another player on loan from palace surely Ebiowei would be the best bet if they would let him go down to league 1 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    My Bradford supporting mate raves about him and says he's been their best player. Wand of a left foot but only any good at left wing apparently. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    My Bradford supporting mate raves about him and says he's been their best player. Wand of a left foot but only any good at left wing apparently. 
    We have players that awful in every position, so one that is good in a position would be a plus.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I’ll make up my own palace rumour then, wells Morrison.
    like JRS has had an outstanding season in PLD for Palace 
  • Options
    David Ozah at Palace?
  • Options
    Blow all these Palace rumours. Let's just sign the whole Palace youth team and be done with it.
  • Options
    Palace bring through a lot of talent. Tapping into that for us can only be a good thing. JRS doing so well can only have helped. Hope they see fit to give us a couple of gems next season.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    JBG on a free will always astound me. How on earth did we manage that one! 
    we offered him about 25k a week