Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Hal1x said:
    AndyG said:
    Scoham said:
    Hidden in today’s article on the takeover completion being a formality is Storrie confirming a couple of signings are very close.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-executive-peter-storrie-final-part-of-takeover-process-is-a-formality/

We’re still looking at a couple more signings at the moment to conclude soon. That, again, is all within tha agreed cashflow position.
    I think this guy has done a great job considering what has been going on during his time here. Shame to see him go
    Do we know if he would want to stay? If he was to remain it would make the change over much smoother Charlie.
    It's another wage to pay.
    Have you not heard were loaded, about a dozen billionaires on board.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Sounds like they might even be players for fees if PS is mentioning agreed cashflow. 
    I don’t think that suggests they are players for fees. Just that an agreed monthly budget was in place.
  • Hal1x said:
    AndyG said:
    Scoham said:
    Hidden in today’s article on the takeover completion being a formality is Storrie confirming a couple of signings are very close.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-executive-peter-storrie-final-part-of-takeover-process-is-a-formality/

We’re still looking at a couple more signings at the moment to conclude soon. That, again, is all within tha agreed cashflow position.
    I think this guy has done a great job considering what has been going on during his time here. Shame to see him go
    Do we know if he would want to stay? If he was to remain it would make the change over much smoother Charlie.
    Well, Peter Storrie is past retirement age, so he may just be happy to take short-term tasks and consultancy work.
    Or stay at home and write his auto-biography. :)

• First Goalscorer sorted against us then

Got to be worth putting a tenner on it.

Just don't tell anyone you've done it, you'll gety mullered.  :smile:
  • Sambcafc said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Sounds like they might even be players for fees if PS is mentioning agreed cashflow. 
    I don’t think that suggests they are players for fees. Just that an agreed monthly budget was in place.
    Don't think we say either way. Istead and Jones were frees but May had a cost and there would be loan fees for Camara so I think its fair to assume there's some sort of actual budget for paying fees, even if its not the largest.
  • Edun and Sess I reckon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be great to get Nombe

• Just don't think Nombe is realistic sadly. Would be a massive statement though. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Sambcafc said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Don't think we say either way. Istead and Jones were frees but May had a cost and there would be loan fees for Camara so I think its fair to assume there's some sort of actual budget for paying fees, even if its not the largest.
    Istead and Jones may have been "frees" ..... but they still cost money.

Players always get a signing on fee when they sign. 
    If they come on a free, they are often able to negotiate themselves a bigger signing on fee.

In that case, instead of paying their previous club a transfee fee, in effect it's paid personally to the incoming player.

• I reckon a striker won't be too close, if it's true that we had Sam Smith lined up.
  • If I had my choice and a hope... Edun and Nombe.
    Would be astonishing if Nombe is one of the two. Clubs are poles apart on fee. Not saying it won’t happen but if I’m honest I think signing Nombe at all is very unlikely. Exeter hold all the good cards. Nombe is under contract and they’ve just got some cash from Leeds. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Edun must be one of the two, there's a lot of smoke around that rumour and has been since January.

The second I reckon is a player that's gone under the radar a tad, maybe a name we haven't really seen linked on here 
    Dean Holden himself said the other night, we're next looking to sign LWB .... and that there are several options under serious consideration.

• Are we taking ‘2 in today’ as legit?
  • Oggy Red said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sambcafc said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Istead and Jones may have been "frees" ..... but they still cost money.

Players always get a signing on fee when they sign. 
    If they come on a free, they are often able to negotiate themselves a bigger signing on fee.

In that case, instead of paying their previous club a transfee fee, in effect it's paid personally to the incoming player.

Well yes thats kind of my point (which I probably made badly.) There definitely IS a transfer budget even before everything is "official" and it can be used on contracted or non contracted players. 

What we don't is what that budget is and whether it will change once everything is rubber-stamped.
  • Sponsored links:

• TeeC said:
    Are we taking ‘2 in today’ as legit?
    Two I'm today
    Hello today, I’m tomorrow.
  • "All quiet on the Western Front"....... any news or even perhaps, a made-up rumour?
  • I’ve heard people were seen at the Valley, make of it what you will.
  • If I had my choice and a hope... Edun and Nombe.
    If I had my choice and a hope, Edun and Mbappe
  • Oggy Red said:
    "All quiet on the Western Front"....... any news or even perhaps, a made-up rumour?
    we've enquired about Harry Kane, keen for Alfie to have a strike partner now that Leaburn is out till Sept......how's that one?
  • I reckon a striker won't be too close, if it's true that we had Sam Smith lined up.
    New owners would like a new striker in by Aberdeen game .. 
    New owners would like a new striker in by Aberdeen game .. 
    Have I bought the club?  Because that is what I was hoping.
  • I’ve heard people were seen at the Valley, make of it what you will.
    Can't be true, I emailed the ticket office 2 hours ago and no reply yet
  • PWADDICK said:
    If I had my choice and a hope... Edun and Nombe.
    If I had my choice and a hope, Edun and Mbappe
    Falls into the dickhead category I'm afraid.