Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• nagAddick said:
    Anyone else been banned from ITTV ?
    I was banned randomly a few weeks back.

• Smithy said:
    I actually didn't clock that it's only 2 weeks until the season starts. We've got a huge amount to do in that time and hopefully Storrie's comments about needing 2 more to be competitive aren't actually a reflection of the business we're going to do before Orient.  
    Season starts in 2 weeks but the window is open until 1st September.  Not ideal getting new players in after the start but it looks like it may well be...
  • CafcSCP said:
    nagAddick said:
    I was banned randomly a few weeks back.
    E
    You are part of a large club 😁
  • CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    I actually didn't clock that it's only 2 weeks until the season starts. We've got a huge amount to do in that time and hopefully Storrie's comments about needing 2 more to be competitive aren't actually a reflection of the business we're going to do before Orient.  
    Season starts in 2 weeks but the window is open until 1st September.  Not ideal getting new players in after the start but it looks like it may well be...
    Why waste the opportunity to pick up points early though? I'm sure we'll get more than 2 by September but it is disappointing given that the change of ownership hasn't actually prevented us from signing players. 
  • I see that there are 30 new posts so think there must be a new signing in the offing. 

But no its just stupid posts about other clubs signings / unveilings. 

Glad some of you are happy. 2 weeks before the season starts & we are (yet again) woefully short of quality players. Yes, we've finally got a striker but that's the problem. We only have 1 (I dont count Kanu). 

Currently 5/10 and wont be top 6 at this rate. 
    Being happy with the players bought in SO FAR isn't the same as saying or believing that we don't need more business done. May is a good signing, Camara is a good signing, Hector is a good signing, Isted and Jones have promise at least and Thomas can at least fall into "does a job" territory.

What we've done so far has been pretty good, that is a fact. We still need to do a lot more of it. That is ALSO a fact. They are not mutually exclusive.
  • When do the Premier League announce their squads ?
  • nagAddick said:
    How can I get back on it 
    Maybe stop being a nag?
  • Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Why waste the opportunity to pick up points early though? I'm sure we'll get more than 2 by September but it is disappointing given that the change of ownership hasn't actually prevented us from signing players. 
    The change of ownership hasn’t completed yet, if they intend to pay fees I can’t see that happening until it’s 100% done.
  • Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    The change of ownership hasn’t completed yet, if they intend to pay fees I can’t see that happening until it’s 100% done.
    Good point 
  • Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Maybe, but they paid a fee for Alfie May?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    May?
  • Any word on the two I’m today?
    I'm tomorrow...it seems...🤷‍♂️
  • edited July 2023
    Melrose said:
    Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Both can be true. I assume it was included in the agreed June/July budget going on what Storrie said in the SLP article this morning. Was also only around £250k and potentially paid in instalments - perhaps acceptable to TS, but another £x00k might not have been.
  • Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    We paid for May 
  • CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Then be prepared for more mid table mediocrity. Like last season & the season before. 

Ok, maybe not mid table but certainly not top 6 material. 
  • Scoham said:
    Melrose said:
    Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Both can be true. I assume it was included in the agreed June/July budget going on what Storrie said in the SLP article this morning. Was also only around £250k and potentially paid in instalments - perhaps acceptable to TS, but another £x00k might not have been.
    Fair do's Scoham.
  • nagAddick said:
    I joined - posted one comment - 10 mins later I was banned - followed up by emails from Reams which used appalling language - odious individual (and to be clear, my comment was to simply question a comment of his, not using any bad language) 🤷
  • Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Peter Storrie has just said that the takeover hasn't hindered transfers & there is money to cover signings & wages for June & July. 

Next excuse. 

• Oggy Red said:
    "All quiet on the Western Front"....... any news or even perhaps, a made-up rumour?

I saw Admiral Muskwe standing outside Charlton Asda smashing a box of Jaffa Cakes.
    Who's got the Kenneth W pic/gif?...
  • CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Then be prepared for more mid table mediocrity. Like last season & the season before. 

Ok, maybe not mid table but certainly not top 6 material. 
    I'd like to suggest having a day off. Instead of sharing your grumpiness, go out and have some fun. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    Peter Storrie has just said that the takeover hasn't hindered transfers & there is money to cover signings & wages for June & July. 

Next excuse. 

That is correct look who we brought in and the clubs we have beaten to get them .. 
  • WHAddick said:
    Oggy Red said:
    "All quiet on the Western Front"....... any news or even perhaps, a made-up rumour?

I saw Admiral Muskwe standing outside Charlton Asda smashing a box of Jaffa Cakes.
    Who's got the Kenneth W pic/gif?...
    Only too happy to oblige...

• Lovely..thanks ET
  • edited July 2023
    nagAddick said:
    I joined - posted one comment - 10 mins later I was banned - followed up by emails from Reams which used appalling language - odious individual (and to be clear, my comment was to simply question a comment of his, not using any bad language) 🤷
    How many times does AFKA have to ask for this nonsense not to be posted here? 
    Can see both sides here, and I understand AFKA 's standpoint on this, but keeping your dignity and turning the other cheek can't be easy, dishing it out is coming in one direction as I see it...🤷‍♂️
  • edited July 2023
    Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:

Next excuse. 

It’s not an excuse, it’s not unlikely that the new owners want to announce a signing or two after they take over and that agreed budget won’t necessarily stretch to paying fees for more players.

I also doubt TS would have spent as much as the new owners intend to had the takeover dragged on another month.
  • Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:

Next excuse. 

Players going elsewhere? Smith supposedly went to reading over us. Maybe there are more that we don't know about.
  • nagAddick said:
    How many times does AFKA have to ask for this nonsense not to be posted here? 
    Can see both sides here, and I understand AFKA 's standpoint on this, but keeping your dignity and turning the other cheek can't be easy, dishing it out is coming in one direction as I see it...🤷‍♂️
    He doesn’t even post here, so how is he dishing it out? If ITTV is that hateful, just don’t read it. Having to read about it all the time across numerous threads is tedious.
    Ignore it then? 
  • edited July 2023
    Farewell message from Thomas
    On web