Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• seth plum said:
    Henry Molineux duh!
    He'd be thrown to the Wolves. 

• seth plum said:
    Isn’t a credible third goalkeeper the current priority?
    Screw the left back we urgently need, who the hell is gonna play in the goal in the pizza cup!? 
    Are we still in that shit fffs 

rush goalie then or no one 
  • The team that lost 2-1 to Cheltenham a few weeks later is even better…

• The team that lost 2-1 to Cheltenham a few weeks later is even better…

There was a team when Arter and Watson started together too ..
  • edited July 2023
    The team that lost 2-1 to Cheltenham a few weeks later is even better…

The first half in that match was one of the most inept I had watched over the 1200 odd cafc matches I had seen live considering the opposition. 2 nil down and only Craig Macgillivray kept the score below 4 in that 1st half.
    No pace in that 11.
    Leko came as Sub in 2nd half and we played on the front foot to end up 1-2.
  • For me we are 2 players short going into the first game if we play 3-5-2 (A striker and a LWB) and only 1 player short  if we go in playing 4-3-3 (a lb).

Other players needed over the course of the window, but those two positions for me are the most urgent. 
  • Wasn't sure to post this in the post match wealdstone or here, but two seasons ago in our opener this was our line up, I would argue our team is now significantly better.

A midfield trio of Fraser - Camara - Dobson compared to Clare - Morgan - Dobson is such a skill gap imo, especially as Dobson has become more comfortable now and has improved since he first joined.

It does make me optimistic for this season. 3-4 more  players of genuine quality and I get the feeling we are in for a good season, especially as the league looks much weaker than the previous 2.

League really does look much weaker compared to last 2 seasons, definitely time to take advantage! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    Experienced tells you that unless you have two really good Left and Right wing backs the 3-5-2 will be exposed on occasions. 
    JJ went with 3-5-2 which was initially successful but the other coaches countered this and got in the space behind the marauding wing backs when caught upfield after a move breaks down. 
    JJ took us from 22nd to 9th before slipping back to 13th after we became predictable.

Man City may only have a Plan A but Cafc definitely need a *4-3-3 and *3-5-2 which when you train daily as professionals shouldn't be impossible to switch to during a match as players are subbed. 

*Other formations are available 💁🏻‍♂️
  • edited July 2023

What about this bad boy

we actually won this game.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

What about this bad boy

Was that Crewe away first game of the season?
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

What about this bad boy

Yes
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

What about this bad boy

From memory despite the really poor results in the first dozen or so games we beat Crewe at home but not sure if that was the team 🤔
  • edited July 2023
    cafc_se7 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

What about this bad boy

From memory despite the really poor results in the first dozen or so games we beat Crewe at home but not sure if that was the team 🤔
    It was away at Crewe last, first game of the 20/21 season. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

What about this bad boy

At least there's effort in that team (expect even Gilbey put a shift in that early in the season). 
  • edited July 2023
    Away at Crewe 👍

On paper that does look weak but the truth was the likes of Bonne and Gilbey did have some good games or good parts of games around that time. (Just a few !)

Also more running in the team against Crewe than the line up against Cheltenham.
    Doughty, Gilbey, Washington, Lapslie and 17 year old Barker all had legs. Even Pratley liked to charge around though he was covering CB that day.

Agree that we should look better come the first game of the 23/24 season 🤞
  • Wasn't sure to post this in the post match wealdstone or here, but two seasons ago in our opener this was our line up, I would argue our team is now significantly better.

A midfield trio of Fraser - Camara - Dobson compared to Clare - Morgan - Dobson is such a skill gap imo, especially as Dobson has become more comfortable now and has improved since he first joined.

It does make me optimistic for this season. 3-4 more  players of genuine quality and I get the feeling we are in for a good season, especially as the league looks much weaker than the previous 2.

Jaiyesimi should have been so much better for us, shouldn’t he. 
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    STILL don't have a left back
    Two seasons on!
    We haven’t had a left back since Jay Dasilva 
  • No rumours then.
  • redbuttle said:
    No rumours then.
    Not even a crap link from Alan Nixon that is five days out of date…
  • Edit , note to self, don’t post when angry, having just read former Charlton teams, starting elevens.
  • The other thing that changes this week is teams will stop playing 22/23 players in ever game and start fine tuning the 14/15 that will play more often than not.  There could be players we are after, especially at championship clubs, that they wanted to keep to make up the numbers.

Equally we could start to see some outward movement for the same reason.