Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• seth plum said:
    Isn’t a credible third goalkeeper the current priority?
    No.
  • We've been shopping in Poundland and hunting through bins behind the back of Greg's. Now it's time to go to M&S
  • M&S?? What pay more for still crap quality!

• seth plum said:
    It’s not a priority, we can get an emergency loan if needed unlike outfield positions.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I think the transfer window has 3 distinct phases and we are just reaching the end of phase 1.

1) Specific players you want and have been looking at or working on before the season ended.  Probably tried for some of them in January.

2) Out of contract players who were originally looking for a higher level and players that become avaliable once their current club sign their replacements.  The "youth" loans start to become avaliable.

3) Panic by both buying and selling clubs as well as players who haven't got deals.

I still think we will pick up two more from 1 and the rest of our business will be done in 2 possibly after the season starts.
    That sounds reasonable, Storrie's comments about more being lined up and links with Edun (who was previously linked in January) do suggest we're after first choices.

I suspect that Leaburn's injury has probably changed another striker from the 2nd category to the first.
  • I think Edun wants more than we want to pay. I suspect we might be pursuing other options at this point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Edun wants more than we want to pay. I suspect we might be pursuing other options at this point. 
    I suspect it’s the fee Blackburn want. He’s in the last year of his contract and they want to sell him rather than loan him out for a year and lose him for free next summer. 
    I suspect it’s the fee Blackburn want. He’s in the last year of his contract and they want to sell him rather than loan him out for a year and lose him for free next summer. 
    Maybe but don’t think so.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Not rocket science the new owners are talking about 6 new players .. but perhaps now our shopping list as changed ?
    Some would have to leave to accommodate that many.
  • **not a rumour**

Benik Afobe? Currently training with Arsenal and a free agent, I could imagine him being a good strike partner for May, not long term but if we are looking for a shot at promotion
  • Two quality full/wing backs, another decent striker and then one more midfielder to join Payne & McGrandles as back up to our first choice midfield.

Job done IMO. 
  • edited July 2023
    Ferryman said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not rocket science the new owners are talking about 6 new players .. but perhaps now our shopping list as changed ?
    Some would have to leave to accommodate that many.
    I suspect that at a minimum Kirk and DJ will leave, maybe one more.  

I still think we need 3 full/wingbacks, 1 CM, 2 strikers. 

Edit: we need the LWB and 1 striker ASAP.
  • We need a left back, a right back, a striker and probably two more (formation dependent).

Kirk and DJ to go and let's see where that gets us.

I'd hope this is all done in the next 7 days.  The season is two weeks away and let's start well, not play catch up!

• LWB x 2 (Edun & Another)
    RWB x 1 (Sessegnon or similar)
    AM x 1 (Better than Payne)
    ST x 1 (Nombe or similar)

Another CM and get rid of DJ and Kirk would be a bonus IMO.

Long way to go I agree
  • Striker and left wing back are the priority positions we need in before the Orient game. Even then CBT can play at wing back for that game as we should be attacking Orient at home 

An extra midfielder and another wing back are definitely needed but that isn’t an urgent priority unless we get an injury 
  • Now were American will we be getting Yankees over here more regularly, and will we have a USA academy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    Now were American will we be getting Yankees over here more regularly, and will we have a USA academy?
    Talking of that do we still have that set up in the Middle East wherever it was ?
  • seth plum said:
    Screw the left back we urgently need, who the hell is gonna play in the goal in the pizza cup!? 
    Steve Sutherland's mate John Fuller used to play in goal for one of the Midland Bank teams
  • nagAddick said:
    Anyone else been banned from ITTV ?
    I joined - posted one comment - 10 mins later I was banned - followed up by emails from Reams which used appalling language - odious individual (and to be clear, my comment was to simply question a comment of his, not using any bad language) 🤷

Power corrupts.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Now let's get back to some transfer rumours and give me 'a left field' signing;
    Who's left footed.
  • Charwill said:
    M&S?? What pay more for still crap quality!

Oh I don’t know Chary, I’ve just come back with a lemon curd Swiss roll, absolutely gorgeous!
  • nagAddick said:
    I joined - posted one comment - 10 mins later I was banned - followed up by emails from Reams which used appalling language - odious individual (and to be clear, my comment was to simply question a comment of his, not using any bad language) 🤷

Power corrupts.
    Who's left footed.
    I am Sam, but I can barely run these days.
  • It would have been Kone, but if both Isted and AMB are unavailable who is next in line?
  • Henry Molineux duh!
  • nagAddick said:

Power corrupts.
    Who's left footed.
    I am Sam, but I can barely run these days.

Ideally we want a LWB or an attacking LB but if no luck in the next month could you MIA play as a holding LB 🤔
  • AndyG said:
    Hal1x said:
    Now were American will we be getting Yankees over here more regularly, and will we have a USA academy?
    Talking of that do we still have that set up in the Middle East wherever it was ?

Wasn't it John Robinson and now all at Coventry or somewhere instead after TS cut it?