Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• nagAddick said:
    Anyone else been banned from ITTV ?
    I joined - posted one comment - 10 mins later I was banned - followed up by emails from Reams which used appalling language - odious individual (and to be clear, my comment was to simply question a comment of his, not using any bad language) 🤷
    How many times does AFKA have to ask for this nonsense not to be posted here? 
    Can see both sides here, and I understand AFKA 's standpoint on this, but keeping your dignity and turning the other cheek can't be easy, dishing it out is coming in one direction as I see it...🤷‍♂️
    He doesn’t even post here, so how is he dishing it out? If ITTV is that hateful, just don’t read it. Having to read about it all the time across numerous threads is tedious.
    Ignore it then? 
    Or people could just respect the wishes of the person that runs the forum?
    Or that 
  • So, what happened to the two I'm incoming? 
    Happy birthday!! 
    Your time is your own
    Two press releases
  • edited July 2023
    Scoham said:
    Smithy said:
    CafcWest said:
    Smithy said:
    I actually didn't clock that it's only 2 weeks until the season starts. We've got a huge amount to do in that time and hopefully Storrie's comments about needing 2 more to be competitive aren't actually a reflection of the business we're going to do before Orient.  
    Season starts in 2 weeks but the window is open until 1st September.  Not ideal getting new players in after the start but it looks like it may well be...
    Why waste the opportunity to pick up points early though? I'm sure we'll get more than 2 by September but it is disappointing given that the change of ownership hasn't actually prevented us from signing players. 
    The change of ownership hasn’t completed yet, if they intend to pay fees I can’t see that happening until it’s 100% done.
    Peter Storrie has just said that the takeover hasn't hindered transfers & there is money to cover signings & wages for June & July. 

Next excuse. 

We've been chasing Championship quality players. Unfortunately we missed out because they have signed for Championship clubs.
    Who to say one hasn’t signed? can be announced in the morning 

Who to say one hasn’t signed? can be announced in the morning 

do you know who it is @RonnieMoore
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Francis has landed at palace according to Fabrizio on twitter, very bizarre he’s gone from a trial with us to a ‘mid table’ prem team. 
    Previously on the books at Bournemouth so he might not be wanting to step all the way back to League One even if he doesn't end up back in the Prem.

He/his agent is probably aiming a bit higher right now (rightly or wrongly) and his trial here was more just a chance to get a run out.
  • Chris Francis has landed at palace according to Fabrizio on twitter, very bizarre he’s gone from a trial with us to a ‘mid table’ prem team. 
    He also went to Portugal with Sheff U. Perhaps we can get him on loan?
  • edited July 2023
    You'd like to think, like those clubs who get to play-offs about what division they'll be in, we have lists of targets pre and post takeover. 
    Paul Eliot and Steve Sutherland?
  • I wonder if we will aim for Francis on loan? He could LCB. We know how we like to collect injuries etc.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Not rocket science the new owners are talking about 6 new players .. but perhaps now our shopping list as changed ?
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Chris Francis has landed at palace according to Fabrizio on twitter, very bizarre he’s gone from a trial with us to a ‘mid table’ prem team. 
    Previously on the books at Bournemouth so he might not be wanting to step all the way back to League One even if he doesn't end up back in the Prem.

He/his agent is probably aiming a bit higher right now (rightly or wrongly) and his trial here was more just a chance to get a run out.

His agent doing a v.good job tbh. The bloke is nearly 21 and has 6 appearances in non-league to his name according to Google.

Anyone remember from his game with us if he even looked anywhere near league 1 level?
  • edited July 2023
    Jac_52 said:
    thenewbie said:
    Chris Francis has landed at palace according to Fabrizio on twitter, very bizarre he’s gone from a trial with us to a ‘mid table’ prem team. 

His agent doing a v.good job tbh. The bloke is nearly 21 and has 6 appearances in non-league to his name according to Google.

Anyone remember from his game with us if he even looked anywhere near league 1 level?
    Impossible to tell as it was against Welling. Given his age I expect Palace will loan him out, it’ll be interesting to see if he does and where he ends up. Hopefully we’ve not made a mistake.
  • Scoham said:
    Jac_52 said:
    thenewbie said:

Impossible to tell as it was against Welling. Given his age I expect Palace will loan him out, it’ll be interesting to see if he does and where he ends up. Hopefully we’ve not made a mistake.

Doubt we had much chance anyway if Sheff Utd and Palace were also interested. Holden said at the time he had other interest, maybe we did try and sign him 
  • Two I'm...sometime...🙄
  • I’m surprised that we’re not getting more names thrown about. It seems to have gone very very quiet. 
    We don't need more names thrown about, we need bodies through the door.  :smile:

• edited July 2023
    What we don’t need is bodies in the trunk in the left luggage office at Brighton station.