Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• be gobsmacked if it's Taylor, Plymouth recently had a bid turned down.
  • fenaddick said:
    Not seen much of Nombe (or any concrete links really), does anyone know if he’s good in the air? At just under 6 foot he’s not exactly a big man in a traditional strikers sense. Feel like a partner to Alfie May needs to be strong in the air 
    I think he takes ( and scores) their pens so will team up nicely with May 😄.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Former Burton Midfielder Terry Taylor linked, according to FootyInsider.
    I'd be surprised at this, he has Championship interest 
    Just see this has come from Pete O'Rourke so it's going to have legs. Plymouth was linked with him a good couple of weeks ago.
  • iaitch said:
    Stansfield? 
    He's been all around the world.
    I yi yi yi yi yi yi
  • Depends how much money we're throwing at it
  • Terry Taylor, unreal signing if we pull that off. I’m 100% sure there would be championship interest.
    Holding midfielder?
    Yes
  • Would also displace Dobson in midfield if true, IMO. 
    I was confused when I saw this as the tweet describes him as ‘former Burton midfielder’ and I can only see info about him signing a 2 year contract in 2021. How can Burton turn down a bid if he’s a free agent?
  • Sponsored links:

aah, see he's out of contract but offered a new deal so it's compo we'd have to pay due to his age. Doesn't look ginger though.
    Agreed. Though as a first choice midfield 3, Taylor, Camara and Fraser would have to be up there in the league's best, on paper anyway. Shame for Dobson but he'd be the "logical" one to give way in this purely hypothetical scenario.
  • if Taylor happens surely McGrandles will move on or at least Henry out on a long loan.
  • fenaddick said:
    be gobsmacked if it's Taylor, Plymouth recently had a bid turned down.
    I was confused when I saw this as the tweet describes him as ‘former Burton midfielder’ and I can only see info about him signing a 2 year contract in 2021. How can Burton turn down a bid if he’s a free agent?
    Under 23 so compensation, presumably Plymouth offered something to try to avoid a tribunal, but it wasn't enough for Burton.
  • Swisdom said:
    Honestly I don’t know who it was but he was very Scottish apparently.  Possibly from Aberdeen
    That's just one of their players turning up early for Saturday as he's heard there are rail strikes and didn't want to miss the biggest game of his career....😂😂😂
  • AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    Honestly I don’t know who it was but he was very Scottish apparently.  Possibly from Aberdeen
    Are you sure it just wasnt one of their players turning up early for the match lol
    Shit....beat me to it 😄.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    2 done today

edun and another.  

Clues to A. N. Other, please Steve 🤔
    That's actually his name.
  • A new kid on the block may come along and straight away the mainstay of our midfield and captain has to make way 🤦🏻‍♂️
    You couldn't make it up. 
    It's a 16 man game now and still a 46 match season so we need a strong 18 and young players in the 24 to do a job.

• if Taylor happens surely McGrandles will move on or at least Henry out on a long loan.
    I wont be surprised if Henry leaves on loan, especially as he only played 23mins against Wealdstone

Never looks good when a sub gets subbed
  • I see Taylor has more recently played for the Wales youth set up, maybe the start of us becoming the London branch of the Wales national team again
  • edited July 2023
    AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    Are you sure it just wasnt one of their players turning up early for the match lol
    Shit....beat me to it 😄.
    Don't beat yourself up. You may have finished second in a two horse race but you added more content.

#moralvictoryforgolfie
  • edited July 2023
    fenaddick said:
    I see Taylor has more recently played for the Wales youth set up, maybe the start of us becoming the London branch of the Wales national team again
    Qualified through his Welsh mother.
    Born in Scotland as was Greg Shields
  • I’m not going to lie I’ve never heard of Taylor but sounds really positive. Get him, Edun and a top striker then all we really need are a couple of loans to bulk out the squad imo