Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Can't have two TT's -it gets confusing
  • edited July 2023
    Former Burton Midfielder Terry Taylor linked, according to FootyInsider.
    Been out injured since February, sounds suited to us.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/taylor-crossroads-recovers-deal-offered-8482038

I was wondering when someone would put up that news of his bad ankle. Some CL members had already made him captain and given the wonderful George Dobson the Elbow.

This new era is very harsh. 

Henry at 19 should go out on loan but the 18 year olds should carry on with their education on and off the field if they are still officially scholars at Cafc.

• Don't know anything about him so he could be great, but I do remember when we signed McGrandles he supposedly had Championship interest also!
  • https://youtu.be/J0dJp4Ovv0E

Loves a dead ball assist. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    No doubt those worrying about the error from the predictive text on Friday that two were coming in was delayed due to the takeover.

Can’t beat the grammar Police on a good day.
  • edited July 2023
    Terry Taylor you say?

Getting on a bit now.  But once a red always a red.

Edit: Cawley just confirmed we are in for him.
  • https://twitter.com/ntt20pod/status/1611433821236518913?s=46&t=mEmS51nyCqmemhJshcDkBA

Comments and a few clips on him as he was picked alongside Leaburn in the NTT20 podcasts top 21 players under 21 this year 
  • Could be that Taylor, as he is still quite young and coming back from an injury, will be cover for Dobson with a view to replacing him on the future
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Terry Taylor you say?

Getting on a bit now.  But once a red always a red.

Edit: Cawley just confirmed we are in for him.
    I remember when he used to commentate during the Attitude Era 
  • edited July 2023
    Like the Taylor move. Good profile. Makes sense economically as another free who is young enough to grow and command a decent future fee if successful. Assuming it doesn't mean that either Fraser or Dobson are off, it takes the pressure off Camara a little from a fitness perspective and it also means we might look at playing the diamond when we play with a back 4... and we all know what happened when we did that properly in L1!
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Cawley confirmed 
    Shouldn't that say former Burton Albion midfielder?
  • Please can we stop the dropping/replacing Dobson nonsense. He's club captain and one of the first names on the team sheet.
    This guy won’t have been signed to sit on the bench, I can’t see Camara not being in the team and Fraser has looked very impressive this pre-season and is a different player to Taylor anyway. Dobson has been great but that doesn’t mean he’s undroppable if a better player is available
  • Don’t know a lot about Taylor, hence the Twitter search and posting some stats and funny tweets when I find them…

I also noticed there’s been reported interest in him since as far back as last summer from Cheltenham, Sheffield United, Cardiff City, Hibernian and Plymouth.

He’s either in high demand or has a busy agent!
  • edited July 2023
    Please can we stop the dropping/replacing Dobson nonsense. He's club captain and one of the first names on the team sheet.
    He’s been very good for us but no one should be guaranteed a place after two mid table L1 finishes. We’re clearly shopping a level or two above where we were a year ago.

Same way Camara and Taylor shouldn’t walk into the team, but we should at least be open to the possibility that any player from last season could lose their place.
  • Have to say, seems like we're putting together a very decent side.

Feels weird