Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• If Dobson gets replaced I will Seppuku myself in the Centre circle at half time.
    Thank god I Googled it. I initially thought Seppuku was the Japanese art of prolonged orgasm
    Ill do that when he scores.
  • edited July 2023
    Fraser high up just behind May and Dobbo, Camara and Taylor in midfield looks good to me.
    In a diamond then, because May’s not a lone striker? He played in a 3-5-2 as we’ve used in preseason.

For me we need a physical striker to compete with Leaburn for the place alongside May.
  • Scoham said:
    Fraser high up just behind May and Dobbo, Camara and Taylor in midfield looks good to me.
    In a diamond then, because May’s not a loan striker? He played in a 3-5-2 as we’ve used in preseason.

For me we need a physical striker to compete with Leaburn for the place alongside May.
    Unfortunately thats probably Aneke...

We equally need another nimble Striker to compete with May, unless the plan is for Campbell to have that role
  • edited July 2023
    Well fuck my boots.

I turn away for a couple of hours & a proper club has emerged from somewhere. One that actually signs players & assembles a squad before the season starts. 

Might have to get myself a season ticket. But first I will have to go to Mass & get absolution for doubting the new regime.
    Five Hail Marys & Three Our Fathers...
  • I love Dobbo but no player should be an automatic pick competition from TT might even push him to higher levels.
  • Edun officially confirmed.
    Link?
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Good signings but we still need a new striker. 
    Problem is that everyone else KNOWS we need a new striker. And given we've just been taken over, probably a fair few agents out there padding the figures a bit accordingly.

I have no doubt we're still working on getting a striker but getting the RIGHT striker is going to be a drawn out process. I expect we'll probably do it but it's going to take time.
  • Well fuck my boots.

I turn away for a couple of hours & a proper club has emerged from somewhere. One that actually signs players & assembles a squad before the season starts. 

Might have to get myself a season ticket. But first I will have to go to Mass & get absolution for doubting the new regime.

With a whisky chaser.
  • I posted a couple of days ago that we shouldn’t rule out Dobson leaving. He’s not Holdens player and because of a good last season he’s attracted interest. I said if it suited CAFC he might be moved on for a fee. If the money received (should he depart) is re invested into players Holden chooses and wants then I think it’s not terrible. 
  • Announce Taylor now 
  • Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun and Terry Charles Taylor. Loving the commitment to name diversity with this new transfer policy. Top notch.

• fenaddick said:
    I agree Taylor probably won’t displace Dobson (not straight away anyway) but it’s obvious that Dobson needs competition and cover. Taylor seems to fit that 
    Maybe Dobson wants to be off, to the Championship
  • How many more do we need, 5?
  • How many more do we need, 5?
    minimum 3 after Taylor I would say, hopefully 4. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn’t be surprised if McGrandle moves on.Personally I hope not, but I doubt he will make the squad now let alone the first team 
  • I posted a couple of days ago that we shouldn’t rule out Dobson leaving. He’s not Holdens player and because of a good last season he’s attracted interest. I said if it suited CAFC he might be moved on for a fee. If the money received (should he depart) is re invested into players Holden chooses and wants then I think it’s not terrible. 

As much as I like Dobson there is no way we'll be getting much of a fee for him. And seems mad to let him leave even if we do sign this new bloke I've never heard of from Burton. Plenty of games in the season and camara isn't guaranteed to be here all season either so we need quality backup.
  • One more, a striker, and we're sorted I think. Plenty of latitude to allow Jaiyesimi and Kirk to leave already.
  • edited July 2023
    In ElfsborgAddick said:
    Well fuck my boots.

With a whisky chaser.
    If you think I’m buying you a spirit you’re mistaken, it’s half a pint or Jack sh1t 😉.
  • Hopefully now the takeovers gone through players actually want to come here, and be a part of something special.
  • One more, a striker, and we're sorted I think. Plenty of latitude to allow Jaiyesimi and Kirk to leave already.
    Two strikers needed, a RB, three of four loans, DJ and McG to go.
  • edited July 2023
    One more, a striker, and we're sorted I think. Plenty of latitude to allow Jaiyesimi and Kirk to leave already.
    Still think we’re 4/5 short personally. I think we’ll hopefully see Taylor and a striker join on perms and then see 3/4 loans. 
    I think 2/3 will leave on perms ideally and a few youngsters will leave on loan. I think some departures could be a shock but we shall see.