Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• AndyG said:
    If we pull this off then we must be decent odds for promotion @ 16/1
    Can only get 5/1 apparently
  • Yes, we could do with a striker but not any old striker. I think the qulaity we have in midfield allows us to play one up front and Fraser can be a number 10. I can't think which striker we might go for unless it is a megabucks signing. I think we will be able to play through most League One sides, even the better ones so a new striker needs to be decent on the ball.
    Tonight showed our lack of height up front at the moment. I recall Anderson sticking in a good cross and nobody attacking it.
  • Anyone checked out ‘Grecians Life’ to see if Nombe from Exeter is a goer?
  • Rossman92 said:
    Don’t know about the rest of you but I’m already having fun 
    Wait until pigott scores after 5 minutes….
    That’s all right as long as it’s not 95 min winner 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    NabySarr said:
    JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:
    Can only get 5/1 apparently
    16/1 is to win the league. Printing money 
    I’m on hols, so couldn’t put a bet on, but my mate put a bet on for me. 
    He got 16/1 top 3 finish e/w 1/4 odds and 16/1 top 4 finish e/w 5th odds. 
    I lose money every year (excluding play offs season), but feel pretty good about these bets.
    (Sky Bet)
  • AndyG said:

Just to clarify 16/1 is to win League 1. Current options are, to a win stake of £20 or £10 EW (and including that in the return):

(1) Win only at 16/1 with Bet365, Skybet, William Hill, BetVictor and Betfred for a £340 return

(2) EW at 16/1, first 3, with Bet365, William Hill, BetVictor and Betfred returns at 1/4 the odds a place, £220 if we win or £50 if we finish 2nd or 3rd

(3) EW at 16/1, first 4, with Skybet returns at 1/5 the odds a place, £212 if we win or £42 if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th  

(4) Top 2 finish at 8/1 with Skybet and BetVictor, returns £180

(5) Top 6 finish with Bet365 and William Hill @ 2/1, a £60 return

Prices correct and best available at the time of posting. Some bookies, depending on their Traders' opinion, will stand their ground despite any meaningful interest whereas others will run scared at the sight of a fiver. Ladbrokes have got wind of our recruitment policy and yesterday significantly cut their prices across the board e.g. they are now 7/2 for promotion as opposed to the 5/1 they were

Good luck everyone!

• Exeter fans are in meltdown at the minute due to the amount of players they’re losing. Their biggest concern is in defence but not sure if all this makes it even less likely that Nombe will leave, or makes it more likely as they need the funds to build the squad up.
  • Smithy said:
    Exeter fans are in meltdown at the minute due to the amount of players they’re losing. Their biggest concern is in defence but not sure if all this makes it even less likely that Nombe will leave, or makes it more likely as they need the funds to build the squad up.

Cash plus Elerewe on a seasons loan  :# 
  • CB is an interesting one , I'm still slightly iffy about Thomas as a cover option and not sure if Mitchell actually ends up being a CB at men's level. Something that if another experienced head became available that then allowed Deji to go and get games I wouldn't be against that? I'm thinking someone like when we had Leon Cort. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Mitchell but he was exposed for pace by the Millwall goal. I think it shows he has more of a future as a central defender.
  • We finished above them by 6 points so would be a huge move for him too :smile:

• MarcusH26 said:
    CB is an interesting one , I'm still slightly iffy about Thomas as a cover option and not sure if Mitchell actually ends up being a CB at men's level. Something that if another experienced head became available that then allowed Deji to go and get games I wouldn't be against that? I'm thinking someone like when we had Leon Cort. 
    I agree, I suspect that while we are not (currently) actively searching for another CB and it's not a priority, if a suitable candidate just happened to become available for a good price/wage we'd not rule it out off hand.

Same as the GK situation with AMB showing potential signs of being a bit fragile. We have much more pressing priorities but if something comes up we'll certainly consider it.

Not ITK, just my hunch.
  • I’ve always felt Fraser was either overrated or underperforming, but he looks a different player in the pre-seasons. 
    Kirk and McGrandles also appear to have improved, perhaps because the team around them has too?
    All good signs. 
  • NOMBE SIGNING WOULD BE HUGE!!! 🙏🏻
    Haven't seen much of him so have no idea what type of striker he is but would he work alongside May? I'd have thought ideally we need a bigger guy alongside him but looking on wiki Nombe is only 5ft 11, so not much bigger than May.

Also i don't think Exeter really need to sell as they just got 1m+ sell on fee when Ampadu signed for Leeds.
  • We know we tried to sign a RWB and striker in Dabo and Smith, under promising perhaps? Holden going out there and saying yes we’re desperate for a striker (and have just been taken over) could only increase asking prices.

With Anderson breaking through and Taylor coming in I can see McGrandles going, while DJ and Kirk are obvious ones too.