Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited July 2023
    Scoham said:
    Hopefully that also means the need for a decent striker is also sorted and completed...then we can start the offloading...🤞
  • edited July 2023
    I'm hoping the new regime get themselves a top top quality medical team who take one look at Chuks and say we've been managing him all wrong..
    Get to work, and we have a fit , strong and resilient Chuks who tears the league apart!

Am I over egging this new dawn??
  • mendonca said:
    Cawley has given good information of late. TS and MS must have triedto alienate him too. 

Kanu, Henry, Mitchell or Deji loan (surprised by the comments on the latter's knee)

McGrandles seems surplus to requirements

DJ and Kirk can hopefully get moved on. They won't offer anything in a sustained bout of games.

Aneke is up to the club

Cawley has always been fed info from the club, including the TS ownership
  • I'd sell McGrandles, DJ and maybe Kirk but he's played well in our friendlies. Would love to sell Chuks but can't see anyone taking him, so hopefully we can finally get his injury troubles sorted.

I hope we sign a RWB and a ST
  • Scoham said:
    We know we tried to sign a RWB and striker in Dabo and Smith, under promising perhaps? Holden going out there and saying yes we’re desperate for a striker (and have just been taken over) could only increase asking prices.

With Anderson breaking through and Taylor coming in I can see McGrandles going, while DJ and Kirk are obvious ones too.
    Just realised that Aaron Henry was on the bench last night, and didnt come on at all... Only outfielder not to get minutes

Bit telling for me - Reckon he'll be off on loan, as his minutes are getting very limited for someone who has appeared in the last two squads
    The problem is that he tends to do nothing while on! He will be caught making mistakes if trying to push extra hard to impress, as always wants to play that killer pass. Even Welling's midfielders could read them easily.
  • mendonca said:
    Scoham said:
    We know we tried to sign a RWB and striker in Dabo and Smith, under promising perhaps? Holden going out there and saying yes we’re desperate for a striker (and have just been taken over) could only increase asking prices.

With Anderson breaking through and Taylor coming in I can see McGrandles going, while DJ and Kirk are obvious ones too.
    Just realised that Aaron Henry was on the bench last night, and didnt come on at all... Only outfielder not to get minutes

Bit telling for me - Reckon he'll be off on loan, as his minutes are getting very limited for someone who has appeared in the last two squads
    The problem is that he tends to do nothing while on! He will be caught making mistakes if trying to push extra hard to impress, as always wants to play that killer pass. Even Welling's midfielders could read them easily.
     Holden clearly sees physicality as a big part of success at this level. The signing of Thomas will confirm that.
    Henry too lightweight at the moment
  • I'd sell McGrandles, DJ and maybe Kirk but he's played well in our friendlies. Would love to sell Chuks but can't see anyone taking him, so hopefully we can finally get his injury troubles sorted.

The club would love to sell those three, but nobody will pay a fee for them, I bet we are struggling to get them away on frees!
    We will probably have to pay a percentage of their salaries to lose them. I think we may decide to keep Kirk. IMHO
  • I still think we need 4/5 players so it makes sense to ship out a few now, before finalising the squad. 
    As long as we don’t leave ourselves short, then that will be key, after the departures. 
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    I still think we need 4/5 players so it makes sense to ship out a few now, before finalising the squad. 
    As long as we don’t leave ourselves short, then that will be key, after the departures. 
    What positions? LWB, RWB, CB and two strikers?
  • Scoham said:
    mart77 said:
    I still think we need 4/5 players so it makes sense to ship out a few now, before finalising the squad. 
    What positions? LWB, RWB, CB and two strikers?
    Spot on Scoham. Still hoping to see a top CB, RWB & striker signed up. A back up striker and LWB could hopefully come from the loan market then. 
    We HAVE to go up this year. I really hope the new regime have seen the past squad failings and don’t leave us short going into yet another season in League One. 
  • I reckon if Kirk goes... It'll be on Deadline Day
  • I wouldn't hate it if we kept Kirk but I also fully accept that he will likely disappoint us again if he stays. At the moment our strikers are May, Leaburn and Aneke. Two of those are injured and in both cases it's not an isolated event. Even if we get in another striker I think it's worth having a 5th to cover for the inevitable Chuks injury and the risk of only having two fit strikers and needing to change the game. Curbs almost always had five strikers chipping in, it ensures you can always give the opposition a different problem when you need to
  • The only senior I would release would be DJ and loan out Henry, Kanu, Mitchell and Elewere. Would keep Asiimwe and Anderson in around the 1st after this pre-season. Seen all the pre-season games and those two have stepped up really well. In midfield would say Dobbo/McGrandles CDM Pan/Taylor CM Fraser/Paine CAM. 
  • edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd be looking at DJ and Mcgrandles out in terms of senior players and then get loans for Elewere,Kanu,Asiimwe and Henry .

Probably in a minority but I'd keep Kirk. 

Personally, I would keep Mcgrandles but I am not privy to how much his on and if Dean thinks his wages would be better used elsewhere etc. He may feel that with Anderson we have enough from Dobb, Taylor, Camera, , Anderson, Fraser, and Payne.

Actually, now I have typed that down can see why you may feel he could go and use wages elsewhere. Anderson has been a bonus.

• edited July 2023
    Henry is a weird one, wasn't it seen as a coup getting him to sign another contract? But now he looks very much surplus. Hopefully not another Morgan trajectory of being on the fringes and not developing. Would benefit from a Scott Parker style loan.

Kirk flatters in pre-season, he's done it before. I'd shift but probably not until we've got a striker in as he can at least do a job until then. DJ to go, maybe one of the young CBs.

Been impressed with Asiimwe and Anderson, but glad we're bringing another CM option in for rotation and might be worth giving Anderson at least six months of regular men's football out on loan. Would want another RWB in before loaning Asiimwe out though.

For me striker has got to be the urgent priority. At the moment we're lining up with wingers up front, and no natural partner for May. The whole time we're working on shape, it's not even the shape we presumably want to play.

Can't believe the shite luck of Miles getting injured in literally our first PSF, or Reading having their embargo lifted just in time to beat us to Smith.
  • With the emergence of Anderson and the signing of Taylor, McGrandles definitely feels like he could be on the way. Given his performances at Cambridge last season we could probably get a nominal fee with potential add ons, and free up some wages.

DJ definitely needs to go. Personally I'd keep Elewere for the moment, unless we sign another CB. Mitchell, Kanu, Henry all out on loan.

Kirk as others have said here till we bring in at least 1 more attacker.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it's hard to tell because of the striker situation but this preseason is telling me Holden likes Kirk. I think he went into it thinking he'd shift one of DJ or Kirk and right now it looks more likely to be DJ
  • yeah I reckon we may sign a permanent striker and one come in on loan. Kirk perhaps stays till that's done. I don't know though.. he has impressed in pre season, although he was quite good early season last year. Campbell is also a striker option in this shape. 

the fact we are signing Taylor tells me McGrandles is off. DJ outdone loan I'd think and Henry too. 

I'd like 2 more strikers another naturally left footed wing back and a rwb. thats quite greedy though. I'd see maybe 2 or 3 prem loans though 
  • I like Mitchell but he was exposed for pace by the Millwall goal. I think it shows he has more of a future as a central defender.
    To be fair he was pulled out to cover from the centre he only mistake was committing himself should have blocked his path 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'd be looking at DJ and Mcgrandles out in terms of senior players and then get loans for Elewere,Kanu,Asiimwe and Henry .

Probably in a minority but I'd keep Kirk. 

Personally, I would keep Mcgrandles but I am not privy to how much his on and if Dean thinks his wages would be better used elsewhere etc. He may feel that with Anderson we have enough from Dobb, Taylor, Camera, , Anderson, Fraser, and Payne.

Actually, now I have typed that down can actually see why you may feel he could go and use wages elsewhere. Anderson has been a bonus.

Yeah it wasn't until I thought about the midfield depth we actually have with Taylor added that I thought Mcgrandles could be surplus to requirements, Anderson as you say is a bonus to have around and probably covers Camara. 
  • mendonca said:
    Cawley has given good information of late. TS and MS must have triedto alienate him too. 

Kanu, Henry, Mitchell or Deji loan (surprised by the comments on the latter's knee)

McGrandles seems surplus to requirements

DJ and Kirk can hopefully get moved on. They won't offer anything in a sustained bout of games.

Aneke is up to the club

If you move all these players on then you back to square one with no squad to cover injuries and a long season the only ones that should go are DJ and Henry .. DH already said Elewere is part of the first team this season so he not going anywhere 
  • Wouldn't surprise me if the striker was a loan.
  • I'm hoping the new regime get themselves a top top quality medical team who take one look at Chuks and say we've been managing him all wrong..
    Get to work, and we have a fit , strong and resilient Chuks who tears the league apart!

Am I over egging this new dawn??
    The frustrating thing and let’s think about Chuks in all this as well .. he must be so fed up 
    but a fit Chuks would kill league one and with May alongside him that’s promotion , sure the club feels they can get him back on the pitch 
  • Redhenry said:
    I'd sell McGrandles, DJ and maybe Kirk but he's played well in our friendlies. Would love to sell Chuks but can't see anyone taking him, so hopefully we can finally get his injury troubles sorted.

The club would love to sell those three, but nobody will pay a fee for them, I bet we are struggling to get them away on frees!
    We will probably have to pay a percentage of their salaries to lose them. I think we may decide to keep Kirk. IMHO

Can see us keeping Kirk until a forward comes in at least.
    Kirk is one of our weakest players I’ve ever seen, so flimsy it’s unreal…clearly didn’t want to get hurt last night, bottled everything which looks even worse in pink f**king boots 
    Spot on worse player in side get rid