Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• One more, a striker, and we're sorted I think. Plenty of latitude to allow Jaiyesimi and Kirk to leave already.
    Two strikers needed, a RB, three of four loans, DJ and McG to go.
    I'd like to keep hold of McGrandles, he's worth a second chance given his first one wasn't much of a chance, and Cambridge fans raved about him.

Kirk, DJ, happy to let go.
  • Hope my daughter doesn’t want Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun put on the back of her shirt
    Crowd fund it, on the basis we will have more a crowd than a fortnight ago. 
  • Thing is with decent players around them who knows how Kirk and DJ might perform but I agree, times up.
  • I think we're getting into the territory of 2-3 more incomings maximum.

We are at this point basically covered for two players at very position, especially if you include the best youth prospects... Campbell, Kanu, Asiimwe, Elerewe, Mitchell, Anderson, Henry. Bringing in a couple more to allow these lads to go out on loan would be nice.

We could do with one more striker, one more centre back or one more wing back but otherwise we're risking a bloated squad that carries a lot of players that don't get minutes.
    Think we definitely need another RWB, maybe the deal for Dabo could be resurrected. A left sided CB is desirable, I don’t want us relying on a youngster. Definitely another striker and then a few out. 
  • Been a while since we signed squad players, to improve our options, rather than make our existing starting 11 look less shit.  
  • I think we're getting into the territory of 2-3 more incomings maximum.

We are at this point basically covered for two players at very position, especially if you include the best youth prospects... Campbell, Kanu, Asiimwe, Elerewe, Mitchell, Anderson, Henry. Bringing in a couple more to allow these lads to go out on loan would be nice.

We could do with one more striker, one more centre back or one more wing back but otherwise we're risking a bloated squad that carries a lot of players that don't get minutes.
    Agree though I wouldn’t rule out some leaving which opens up room for one or two beyond that.
  • I think we definitely need another striker (Nombe would be perfect) and a right winger just in case the wing back system breaks down or needs changing during a game. 

Midfield & Defence looks pretty sown up although maybe another right back. 

Then the likes of Henry & Chin can go out on loan. Not sure about Kirk, DJ & Magrandles though. Depends on how big a squad we can carry. 
  • Sponsored links:

• This is starting to feel like the Powell summer with us beating others to top players. 

Semi pending 
    Who does Semi currently play for...?
  • edited July 2023
    One more, a striker, and we're sorted I think. Plenty of latitude to allow Jaiyesimi and Kirk to leave already.
    We need another left and right back 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Standard YouTube video

https://youtu.be/HNsO1cs81BA

From 1985 🫣
    Good grief & people were criticising Innis for a couple of late tackles 
  • Fraser high up just behind May and Dobbo, Camara and Taylor in midfield looks good to me.
    You want to play Dobbo up front?
  • Shame Taylor will have been out for approx 5 months, but as long as we can keep out current CMs, that will be fine as we are building a squad.
  • J BLOCK said:
    One more, a striker, and we're sorted I think. Plenty of latitude to allow Jaiyesimi and Kirk to leave already.
    I think between them Egbo and Asimwe can cover the right wingback position. We really , really need a good striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Striker is the next big piece, just wonder if it's going to be someone for a fee or if a PL loan will come in. 
  • edited July 2023
    Yes, we could do with a striker but not any old striker. I think the qulaity we have in midfield allows us to play one up front and Fraser can be a number 10. I can't think which striker we might go for unless it is a megabucks signing. I think we will be able to play through most League One sides, even the better ones so a new striker needs to be decent on the ball.
  • edited July 2023
    In case @Swisdom is reading Any news ?
  • Fraser high up just behind May and Dobbo, Camara and Taylor in midfield looks good to me.
    You want to play Dobbo up front?

Now that would be a false number 9 !
  • edited July 2023
    Southbank said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I think between them Egbo and Asimwe can cover the right wingback position. We really , really need a good striker.
    Asiimwe deserves to start the season imo.

The fact we went in for Dabo highlights that Dean wants another RWB though.

I’m worried that Egbo doesn’t seem the same player as when he first joined & if so we can’t just rely on a kid (Asiimwe) all season.

It would make alot of sense to bring back Sess in light of his ability to cover left & right.