Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• If Taylor signs is there a danger we lose Dobbo?
  • RedRyan said:
    Henry is a weird one, wasn't it seen as a coup getting him to sign another contract? But now he looks very much surplus. Hopefully not another Morgan trajectory of being on the fringes and not developing. Would benefit from a Scott Parker style loan.

Kirk flatters in pre-season, he's done it before. I'd shift but probably not until we've got a striker in as he can at least do a job until then. DJ to go, maybe one of the young CBs.

Been impressed with Asiimwe and Anderson, but glad we're bringing another CM option in for rotation and might be worth giving Anderson at least six months of regular men's football out on loan. Would want another RWB in before loaning Asiimwe out though.

For me striker has got to be the urgent priority. At the moment we're lining up with wingers up front, and no natural partner for May. The whole time we're working on shape, it's not even the shape we presumably want to play.

Can't believe the shite luck of Miles getting injured in literally our first PSF, or Reading having their embargo lifted just in time to beat us to Smith.
    No. Most people were surprised he was offered one. 
  • Personally think that Anderson and Asiimwe deserve a crack at the first team right now. Id loan Henry and Mitchell out for sure. 

As it looks like Taylor is heading in then imagine Anderson will go somewhere for 6 months but 
    Asiimwe should be staying 100%. 

• If we ended up signing a striker on loan, would it be worth looking at Dane Scarlett? 
  • RB
    LB
    Winger
    Striker
    Another CB if Greedy
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    If Taylor signs is there a danger we lose Dobbo?
    Potentially of course its possible but I would presume that McGrandles is seen as the more expendable if we have any choice in the matter.

That said we're probably not in a position to turn down a really good offer for Dobson if it comes in, but while I would be sad to see him go on a personal level (and definitely don't WANT him gone) we're no longer in the position where him going pretty much ends our season.
  • I'd persist with Kirk..
    Looked homesick to me in his first season.
    Happens a lot. Definitely a player in there. Hopefully he's more settled in his surroundings now and we can get the best out of him.
    Technically he’s good. I just don’t think he’s very effective.
  • edited July 2023
    seth plum said:
    Why does this keep coming up, he is our cap'n and first name on the team sheet, IF Taylor does sign, he can challenge for a place, but no player should get guaranteed time, so Dobbo has to and will still be our cap'n this season..imo...we can't afford to lose Dobbo that's the bottom line
  • seth plum said:
    OMG I hope not! 
  • Dane Scarlett is probably the profile of striker we'll be looking at on loan , PL loanee that's had a spell somewhere before so isn't totally raw but still needs a lot of work. 
  • edited July 2023
    seth plum said:
     With Sandgaard at the helm most definitely.

This will be one of the litmus tests for the new lot if you ask me.
    Having a squad with both Thomas and Dobbo is certainly showing some serious ambition 

Competition for places was big on Curbs squads. And I mean serious competition. Not Morgan for Dobbo
  • seth plum said:
    No 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd persist with Kirk..
    Looked homesick to me in his first season.
    Happens a lot. Definitely a player in there. Hopefully he's more settled in his surroundings now and we can get the best out of him.
    And lost his dad suddenly the day or two before he signed
  • Kirk bottled 2 or 3 50/50 challenges , whereas everyone else gave everything.  He is a luxury player who should be shown the door ASAP. 
     Pre season friendly??
  • If anyone does get dropped I wonder if it will be Fraser. Camara doesn't score a lot of goals but he's capable of driving the team forward, as opposed to Fraser who is more about the intricate link up play. I think Holden might prefer that more direct approach with more defensive cover from Dobson and Taylor.