Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Completely understandable that he'd not want to be in the centre of things when he's moved to a new, very busy part of the country aged 23 when his dad had just died. Any one of those things could affect how outgoing you are let alone all together at the same time. There's no clock on getting over stuff like that but if he's in a place where he's able to try to go back to being the kind of person he was before then that's great. Can't be many better managers than Dean Holden to have for this sort of thing as well.
    He has wasted the club's time and money for 2 years already. Enough.
  • I am confused, I know not difficult, but if we are playing 3-5-2 with a wing back on each side then what part do Campbell, CBT, Kirk and Jaiyesimi play in this system as none of them are competent wing backs although they might be competent wingers?
  • We are definitely keen on Nombe, plan is to move a couple on and then get him in if we can agree a reasonable fee with Exeter.
    That’s good, do u know of any other players we are keen on ?
  • Smithy said:
    Great news #FraserOut
    I hope this is tongue in cheek, bloke is mustard at this level.
    It was indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• We are definitely keen on Nombe, plan is to move a couple on and then get him in if we can agree a reasonable fee with Exeter.
    What type of striker is Nombe? Would he be the one holding up the ball with May running in behind? May also likes to drop deep at times so could work the other way around too.
    Or offer dj and mcgrandles as part of the deal
    We could kill two birds with one stone and agree the fee, then just give them Kirk and DJ. 👍

Actually, I would rather McGrandles stayed,  but after his stint ant Cambridge and with Exeter worried from a defensive point of view, adding Mcgrandles into a bid for Nombe could definitely be a good move. Must imagine all the bottom half league one clubs would love to have him.
  • I'd like us to make a proper statement now, just go out and say how much to someone, and when they say 1.5m we just go here's 1m, you'll get the rest when we get promoted. 
  • Nombe strikes me as an Aneke type the little I've seen.

• a striker by Saturday week is an absolute must. Really looking forward to this season. Wife has a knee replacement on Friday 4th and expecting me to visit her in hospital on the 5th. Uhmm. 
    Ideally but I’d rather we wait and get the right striker than a lesser player just because they’re available now.
  • Scoham said:
    We are definitely keen on Nombe, plan is to move a couple on and then get him in if we can agree a reasonable fee with Exeter.
    What type of striker is Nombe? Would he be the one holding up the ball with May running in behind? May also likes to drop deep at times so could work the other way around too.
    Not the tallest but much more powerful than May, so would expect him to be the one getting involved in the physical battles to create more space, while also contributing plenty of goals (hopefully). I'm talking like we've already signed him ffs.
  • edited July 2023
    Smithy said:
    Scoham said:
    We are definitely keen on Nombe, plan is to move a couple on and then get him in if we can agree a reasonable fee with Exeter.
    Not the tallest but much more powerful than May, so would expect him to be the one getting involved in the physical battles to create more space, while also contributing plenty of goals (hopefully). I'm talking like we've already signed him ffs.
    Surely he'd play instead of May? EDIT: OBVIOUS JOKE 
  • Sponsored links:

• could be another 4/5 incoming 
    After the signing of Taylor focus will now be on tapering down the squad, so will need to be some outs.
  • Six brought into the club by the end of July 12 months ago

Egbo, Wollacott, O’Connell, Sessegnon, Payne and McGrandles

Six brought into the club this pre season 

May, Isted, Jones, Camara, Edun and Taylor 
  • edited July 2023
    Theres a good video with all his Exeter goals on you tube, and a get to know him video as well, he strikes me as a cross between Benty and Lyle Taylor. Two footed an'all, hope we sign him.
  • Leuth said:
    Smithy said:
    Scoham said:
    Surely he'd play instead of May?
    I might be wrong but I expect the plan is to play two strikers the majority of the time with May being one of them.
  • Before this gets out of hand, it was a 'humorous' callback to Smithy's proposed dropping of Fraser. I'M INNOCENT
  • Leuth said:
    Smithy said:
    Scoham said:
    Surely he'd play instead of May?
    May isn’t getting dropped. I think we’ll be get a partner for May and manage Leaburns minutes as the third striker which I think is about right. 
  • Aaaargh