Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• This is the sort of team Stockley would have done well in tbh. Not saying I’d have him back but someone in his sort of mould would be good to get in. 
    Not so sure about that. I think Holden is after movement and positional fluidity which weren't exactly Stockley's strengths
  • Leuth said:
    Aaaargh
    😹 That'll teach you for playing devils advocate
  • Leuth said:
    Aaaargh

• a striker by Saturday week is an absolute must. Really looking forward to this season. Wife has a knee replacement on Friday 4th and expecting me to visit her in hospital on the 5th. Uhmm. 
    Decisions. You'll just have to follow your heart ...... and go to the Orient match. :wink:

• Shame just seen that Reading are now under a transfer embargo for not paying wages. Sam Smith could have been with us. 
  • robroy said:
    Shame just seen that Reading are now under a transfer embargo for not paying wages. Sam Smith could have been with us. 
    It’s a new embargo for failing to pay HMRC on time (again). 
  • So…..things are starting to move - at the moment it feels very much like the rejuvenation job Lenny Lawrence did rather than the one by Chris Powell. Either will do for me moving forward 
  • Leuth said:
    Aaaargh
    😎
  • I’ll start by admitting I don’t know too much about Nombe. When I looked at his 17 goal compilation video I have to say I wasn’t that impressed. Certainly nothing like the corresponding Alfie May collection. Thought he looked very much a league one striker. Now I know that’s where we are but unless his all round play is good which is something these videos never show I’m still to be convinced. Naturally I’ll trust Holden and Scott to know far more than me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like we had serious talks with Exeter over Nombe… 
  • Looks like we had serious talks with Exeter over Nombe… 
    ongoing or finished?
  • Hal1x said:
    Looks like we had serious talks with Exeter over Nombe… 
    ongoing or finished?
    Ongoing think it’s one that might go to the wire .. 
  • if we don’t sign another striker expect to see us play 3 5 1 1 with Fraser or Kirk behind May
  • Hal1x said:
    Looks like we had serious talks with Exeter over Nombe… 
    ongoing or finished?
    Ongoing think it’s one that might go to the wire .. 
    nuts!,.....
  • Charwill said:
    if we don’t sign another striker expect to see us play 3 5 1 1 with Fraser or Kirk behind May
    Or Campbell and May playing up top.
  • If we’re seriously looking at trying to get Nombe then I doubt we’ll be paying a fee for the second striker needed. Out of contract player or loan I suspect and in before Nombe or whomever. Certainly before Orient.
    Are we definitely after two?
  • Reckon CBT could do a job up top with May now that we have Edun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting to see what loans we get in, in previous seasons post promotion season and with the exception of Rak Saki, they have been a bit hit and miss.  With the team we are building and the development of  Saki last season, I would hope we can get a "marquee" type signing, with similar potential to Saki, whilst holding back on some loans in case we need a boost in January. 
  • edited July 2023
    Can't see us sorting the defence and midfield so well, only to skimp on the forward line, and expect another top name to arrive before the season gets under way..Nombe maybe or JCH would do nicely, but we are finally getting some good incomings nice and early...
  • Smithy said:
    Great news #FraserOut
    I hope this is tongue in cheek, bloke is mustard at this level.

Fraser will look so much better with May, Camará, a bona fide  LB in Edun, Taylor as well as a revitalised CBT who hopefully can concentrate on skinning his full back in his 45-60 minute shifts. Dobson will also improve with better players around him. I feel Dobbo can expand his game on occasions but lots of work needed at Sparrows lane to implement the different formations and the quick switch needed when we change from 3-5-2 to accommodate the subs who may be CBT or Campbell for example. 
    Looking forward to this manifestation with the new and improved and the guys already here. Link up play where the team is stronger than the individuals.
  • If it comes to it that our only fit striker v Orient is May, who of our squad would be most suitable to be an "emergency" striker?
  • Scoham said:
    If we’re seriously looking at trying to get Nombe then I doubt we’ll be paying a fee for the second striker needed. Out of contract player or loan I suspect and in before Nombe or whomever. Certainly before Orient.
    Are we definitely after two?
    I don’t see how we can’t bring in another. Forget Chuks. Miles needs to be used more sparingly this season so at present that leaves May. I think we’ll sign a striker for decent wedge and bring in a fourth choice on loan or is there a free agent out there?
  • If it comes to it that our only fit striker v Orient is May, who of our squad would be most suitable to be an "emergency" striker?
    Kirk and Campbell going by Pre-Season
  • Plaaayer said:
    All the time that JRS hasn’t gone anywhere I hold out a tiny glimmer of hope he might come back. 
    This would be excellent if somehow we could get JRS back for another season but could Ipswich be holding on with what happens with Ladapo because weren’t they heavily linked with JRS? 
  • Reckon CBT could do a job up top with May now that we have Edun.
    Mmmmmh, how will that change his wastefulness with the ball and lack of clinical finishing? 

I like CBT btw.
  • Plaaayer said:
    All the time that JRS hasn’t gone anywhere I hold out a tiny glimmer of hope he might come back. 
    This would be excellent if somehow we could get JRS back for another season but could Ipswich be holding on with what happens with Ladapo because weren’t they heavily linked with JRS? 
    There is absolutely zero chance that Rak-Sakyi comes back. With Zaha leaving and Olise injured (and could also leave) he will most likely be in palace’s squad to start the season. If he does go out on loan it won’t be to league 1 
  • I could see JRS not going on loan at all and being around the Palace squad with their lack of wingers.